inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2nd Annual NYC Get-Together OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Written By: 2nz on 07/18/05 at 2:14 pm

Here's how it's going down. We parody authors (and guests who want a night out in NYC) will all meet at Caliente Cab Co. starting at around 5pm this Saturday, 7/23. Directions to the place are listed below and were generously provided by Bob when we were planning last year's get-together.

After we all meet, we will spend some time at Caliente but later that night we will migrate to another restaurant (most likely in Little Italy) for dinner. We'll be sure to choose places where drinks are available but not mandatory, so all ages are welcome. If you would like to attend I would suggest making it into the city early and bringing enough money for your trip in and out, plus enough for at least your own dinner. The plan was originally to find an open-mic place and perform some parodies in addition to meeting, but no reliable open-mic place could be found for a Saturday. We'll just meet, greet and eat with each other in the city. I look forward to seeing those who came last year and meeting some new faces too.

Now the directions:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Caliente Cab Co.
21 Waverly Place
(corner of Greene St.)
New York, NY
(212) 529-1500

Now, generally I hate chains.  But this place serves great frozen margaritas - there are four floor to ceiling televisions (in case there's a good game on) and it's right in the middle of the Village.  We could meet here and go just about anywhere.  (THIS SHOULD NOT BE CONFUSED WITH THE CALIENTE CAB CO. ON 7TH AVENUE SOUTH). 

From Penn Station:  E, A or C train to West Fourth Street and walk east through the north end of the park.  Or, R train to 8th Street and walk two blocks west.

From Grand Central:  6 Train to Astor Place and walk west a few blocks.

From NJ:  Fly from Newark to Albany, take Amtrak to Grand Central and follow directions above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have any questions about directions or attire or anything related to our trip into the city, here's my (2nz aka Glen Stollberger's) cell phone number:
(631) 241-3643

Also, sorry about the lateness of this, I went on vacation with my family and there wasn't internet access readily available until today ($5 = half-an-hour of internet MY @$$). Plus I'm busy with school and I have a class at NYU. ANd when I'm not doing those two things, I'm a down-right lazy guy. Hope everyone who wants to attend can do so. Again sorry about the lateness of this official announcement.

Subject: Re: 2nd Annual NYC Get-Together OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT

Written By: Arwen on 07/18/05 at 5:39 pm

...here's my (2nz aka Glen Stollberger's) cell phone number:
(631) 241-3643

Suh-WEET!

Written By: EthanM on 07/21/05 at 1:31 pm

who's coming?

Written By: 2nz on 07/21/05 at 4:00 pm

who's coming?

Yes, good point. Please reply on this thread if you will be coming so we can get a preliminary head count and so we all know about how many and who to look for at Caliente Cab Co.

Written By: 2nz on 07/22/05 at 9:36 am

Suh-WEET!

Is it too late to issue an 'I show you mine/You show me yours' policy?

Written By: EthanM on 07/22/05 at 7:36 pm

and if anyone wants to contact me about this, my cell is 516-459-9574

Written By: jreuben on 07/23/05 at 6:07 pm

Sorry for the late notice, I am out for tonight.  :\'(  I had relatives come in today to see the baby, and I would be leaving now, maybe get there by 11.  Hope it is/was fun, maybe next year!

Written By: EthanM on 07/23/05 at 9:31 pm

we ended early... I'm back already and there is no proof that it happened since no one brought a camera

Written By: bobbypags on 07/25/05 at 9:05 am

I knew you guys would screw it up.

Written By: 2nz on 07/26/05 at 3:16 pm

Sorry for the late notice, I am out for tonight.  :\'(  I had relatives come in today to see the baby, and I would be leaving now, maybe get there by 11.  Hope it is/was fun, maybe next year!

No prob, Jeff. I'm so out of the loop I didn't know you had a baby. Congratulations, then.

I was a little disappointed at the turnout this year. But it's all good. A night on the town for us parody authors. Bob, Ethan and myself met at Caliente, shot the breeze for a while, and then went to Rocky's in Little Italy to grab a bite. Next time lets try to get a day and place where we can perform some. And that's all I have to say about that.

Written By: Arwen on 07/26/05 at 5:49 pm

Is it too late to issue an 'I show you mine/You show me yours' policy?

I was SOOO going to call on Saturday night...while I was at Disneyland, and you all were partying...but I left the number in my bag at my sister's house.  Hmph.

And, regarding your question...it's never too late...(though, that's TOTALLY PM material, Mister...only the few and the proud are privy to that kind of info... ;))

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/04/05 at 1:39 pm

AHHH...i MISSED THIS!  Stupid me hasnt checked the parody board in like 2 weeks.....AHHH...are we having another by any chance?

Check for new replies or respond here...