inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Parody Geeks, OUR TIME HAS COME !

Written By: Johnny_D on 07/18/05 at 3:11 pm

At last! At last! Our people are coming into their own & taking their RIGHTFUL PLACE !  ;D

http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/07/18/dork.pride.ap/index.html

Subject: Re: Parody Geeks, OUR TIME HAS COME !

Written By: Arwen on 07/18/05 at 5:37 pm

Except for that I'm not a dork.  Okay, I kind of am.  But I'm totally not a nerd.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 07/18/05 at 9:54 pm

to quote from the dork, no sorry, the geek, no sorry, the nerd -

"It feels like, for a while there, we were hearing so much about bullying in schools -- and this is almost a time for the geeks to stand up for themselves," says Schuyler Brown, a trendspotter for advertising and marketing firm Euro RSCG.

Michael Lee, a self-proclaimed nerd, is happy it's happening. "It's society validating who I am," says the 28-year-old marketing manager from Penis, California.

Life's not dealing you too many aces if you're a dork/geek/nerd and THAT's where you live

Written By: Scathe on 07/18/05 at 10:08 pm

I've noticed the growing acceptance as well, but it could be related to the age group.
I'm something of a math nerd and in high school I had some trouble with peers.
Nowadays, I'm a respected college student and the harrasment rate from peers has dropped to a blissful zero percent.
Perhaps society as we know it is growing up a little.

Written By: PRobinson on 07/22/05 at 12:12 pm

At last! At last! Our people are coming into their own & taking their RIGHTFUL PLACE !   ;D

http://www.cnn.com/2005/EDUCATION/07/18/dork.pride.ap/index.html

Hell, JD, when I was in school I wasn't smart enough to be a Nerd  :P, not quite gawky and awkward enough to be a Dork  :o, fairly athletic, but not quite big enough or fast enough to be a Jock  8), too timid and law-abiding to be a Vandal or a Scofflaw  ::), not big or mean enough to be a Bully  >:(...in the 12th grade I had an English Lit teacher who couldn't remember my name...but I sat next to the smartest guy in the class...so he referred to me as "Next to Genius"...       :D

PAR  ;)

Check for new replies or respond here...