inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Another show i was in - you missed it

Written By: EthanM on 08/08/05 at 2:40 pm

This one is going to be in the apocalypse lounge in the east village. 189 east 3rd street. There's no cover charge but a 2 drink minimum and i think you're encouraged to give donations to the performers if you like them. It's just starting out so I might get two ten minute sets   but at least one.

Subject: Re: Another show i'm gonna be in - next wednesday august 17th

Written By: bobbypags on 08/08/05 at 3:16 pm

Ok, I'll make this one.  Put up a reminder notice next week so I don't forget.  That's between A & B, right?  (Just south of the Park, I think)

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/12/05 at 12:07 am

im gonna try to make this one too...Ill reply back if I can

Written By: Ansky1213 on 08/12/05 at 9:25 am

I'd love to go, but I'm going to be at my pre-orientation program for my freshman year of college, all the way in Pennsylvania  :(

Good luck!

Written By: EthanM on 08/12/05 at 10:30 am

I'd love to go, but I'm going to be at my pre-orientation program for my freshman year of college, all the way in Pennsylvania  :(

Good luck!

i went to school in pennsylvania too. Which one are you going to?

Written By: Ansky1213 on 08/12/05 at 8:29 pm

Swarthmore College. I'm leaving the day after tomorrow.

Written By: EthanM on 08/12/05 at 9:37 pm

Swarthmore, huh? Sounds vague familiar. Probably because we faced them alot in sports being in the same conference and alll and the Swarthmore cross country coach was the F&M coach but he was "let go" right before i started because of some sort of administrative conflict.

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/12/05 at 10:45 pm

Swarthmore College. I'm leaving the day after tomorrow.

remember this, Swarthmore has the great honor or being mentioned in a Mamas and the Papas song....Ill let you figure out which.

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/12/05 at 10:45 pm

Ethan, what time are you going on? 

Written By: EthanM on 08/12/05 at 11:08 pm

I wish i knew when i was going on I'm supposed to show up around 8 and then I find out when my set or sets are. So it should be some time between 8 and ten thirty. I know the ereference but I omitted my answer so Charlie can guess.

Subject: Re: Another show i'm gonna be in - TOMORROW LIKE THE DAY AFTER TODAY

Written By: EthanM on 08/16/05 at 3:05 pm

this is happening tomorrow

Written By: Red Ant on 08/16/05 at 3:13 pm

Good luck Ethan. I wished I could get the hell out of VA for a few days and check out one of your performances. Any way of recording it and maybe posting on Soundclick?

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/16/05 at 4:03 pm

Ethan, as one stage performer to another, I say to you ---

BREAK A LEG !

(For those who don't know --- saying "break a leg" is how show-biz people wish each other good luck!)

Written By: EthanM on 08/16/05 at 6:10 pm

I don't see how it can be recorded and it'll be acapella anyway, but i think there's a pretty good chance of there being a next time

Written By: karen on 08/17/05 at 6:55 am

Hope it goes well for you Ethan

Written By: EthanM on 08/17/05 at 10:15 am

i'm supposed to go up 8th and then 15th so my sets will probably be at 9:30 and 11

Written By: John Perry on 08/18/05 at 12:29 am

BREAK A LEG !

(For those who don't know --- saying "break a leg" is how show-biz people wish each other good luck!)

Hello Johnny_D, I am a showbiz veteran myself.  Mostly local and regional theater, but I did a television commercial once too.  We also say break a leg out here in Toledo.  So to Ethan, I will also say BREAK A LEG!  ;D  Perhaps us showbiz chaps can get together for a chat someday and swap war stories.  :D

Subject: Re: Another show i'm gonna be in - TODAY

Written By: Billy Florio on 08/18/05 at 1:01 am

I was stuck in the Nonsense office till 830 tonight, so Im sorry that I couldnt be there.....Hope everything went well. 

Written By: captain obvious on 08/18/05 at 4:32 pm

BREAK A LEG !

i am absolutely stunned that you felt the need to explain that figure of speech.  floored, in fact.  i am actually on the floor.  it is almost condescending that you would assume that the rest of us non-acting folk are complete idiots.  you know, i work in construction, but i don't walk around telling non-construction people what 'pass me that hammer' means.  (which, while totally literal, is no more obvious in meaning than 'break a leg' is.) 

Written By: EmiLoca on 08/18/05 at 5:42 pm

i am absolutely stunned that you felt the need to explain that figure of speech.  floored, in fact.  i am actually on the floor.  it is almost condescending that you would assume that the rest of us non-acting folk are complete idiots.  you know, i work in construction, but i don't walk around telling non-construction people what 'pass me that hammer' means.  (which, while totally literal, is no more obvious in meaning than 'break a leg' is.)   

Uh, dude.

It's Johnny D.

Compared to him, we ARE complete idiots. 

Good luck, Ethan!  Pass me the hammer! 

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 08/18/05 at 6:44 pm

Luke says you'll knock 'em dead.

Written By: 2nz on 08/19/05 at 2:26 pm

I'm at fault once and I'm at circumstance once (and I'm going to stop talking like that now). It's my fault for being a lazy bum that I didn't comment on this thread soon (Hope things went well, Ethan). It's my circumstance that I work until later on Wednesdays and could not get into the city.

So once again, hope things went well, Ethan. Come on man, tell us the story of your night. How was it, how'd it go?

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/19/05 at 2:46 pm

This messageboard is read by people all over the world --- many of whom do not speak English as their first language.   

Some of those people might not be familiar with figures-of-speech that are "obvious" in America, Britain, Australia, and Canada. 

I provided that explanation as a courtesy to THEM, not as an insult to YOU, capisca?

Written By: Just Wondering on 08/20/05 at 5:48 pm

This messageboard is read by people all over the world --- many of whom do not speak English as their first language.   

Some of those people might not be familiar with figures-of-speech that are "obvious" in America, Britain, Australia, and Canada. 

I provided that explanation as a courtesy to THEM, not as an insult to YOU, capisca?

What does capisca mean?

Written By: Ritardando on 08/21/05 at 12:08 pm

What does capisca mean?

"Pass me that hammer."

Subject: Re: Another show i was in - you missed it

Written By: bobbypags on 08/23/05 at 8:54 am

Very good response Ritardando.

Ethan, I apologize for missing your set(s) - were you on at 11 midnight, midnight, or 1 midnight this time?

When is the next set (after Aug. 24)?

bob

Subject: Re: Another show i was in - you missed it

Written By: EthanM on 08/23/05 at 6:29 pm

I think it went pretty well... people told me I did well afterwards. And next time, whenever that is, I'm going with backing tracks so it should be better. It should be sometime in september but no set date yet  the organizer told me to set something up with him in a few weeks.

Check for new replies or respond here...