inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Misheard lyrics archive finally fixed

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/10/05 at 5:20 pm

I noticed during my first pass at cleaning up the section, that I still had problems with the indexes.  I found that the Rolling Stones weren't showing up (and I had been alerted to this issue before, but clearly I never fixed it).

Hopefully, the archive is back to normal now.  There used to be an archive by song title, that isn't linked to in the main navigation of the site anymore, but still exists on the server.  I might resurect that section too.

Subject: Re: Misheard lyrics archive finally fixed

Written By: ... on 08/11/05 at 10:07 am

But it appears that the ballot boxes have all been reset. For example, Nirvana had 1,467 votes, yet when I clicked on their page, they only had six.

And some of the performer names are not spelled correctly; for example, there's a "Nirvanna" page.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/11/05 at 11:35 am

But it appears that the ballot boxes have all been reset. For example, Nirvana had 1,467 votes, yet when I clicked on their page, they only had six.

And some of the performer names are not spelled correctly; for example, there's a "Nirvanna" page.

votes aren't lost, but clearly aren't being recorded properly.  I'll fix that today.

the mis-spellings exist, because that's how they were approved.  I can try and fix it the way the parody index by author is fixed, but someone will need to tasked with that unpleasant task.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/12/05 at 9:51 am

fixed this yesterday incidently.  It was shifting all the votes by one person, so for Nirvana, it was taking the counts from the mis-spelled Nirvanna page. Easy fix once I knew what the problem was.

Aside from the misspellings, let me know if any other issues appear

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/12/05 at 1:36 pm

I'll also use this thread to point out the resurrection of the old "misheard lyrics sorted by song title" portion of the misheard lyrics archive.  Hopefully it looks/functions more smoothly than it used to.  It's been on the server all this time, but I stopped updating and linking to it at least a year ago, if not longer.

Check for new replies or respond here...