inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Bug watch

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/25/05 at 8:27 am

I've just about finished up work on new sections for amiright (return of the link section and parody search, plus the combined groups and other new pages).

I want to know about any issues people may still be having with the site.  Please post any problems with the site itself.  I'm not looking for grammatical issues or misspelled items.

Subject: Re: Bug watch

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/25/05 at 8:58 am

I've just about finished up work on new sections for amiright (return of the link section and parody search, plus the combined groups and other new pages).

I want to know about any issues people may still be having with the site.  Please post any problems with the site itself.  I'm not looking for grammatical issues or misspelled items.

When I sort a parody author's parody-list by any of the columns you set up to be sortable, and, after the sorted display appears, I click on one of their parodies to view it, and then I return back to that parody author's parody-list, their parody-list is no longer sorted according to my sort criteria.

Written By: ChuckyG on 08/25/05 at 9:36 am

When I sort a parody author's parody-list by any of the columns you set up to be sortable, and, after the sorted display appears, I click on one of their parodies to view it, and then I return back to that parody author's parody-list, their parody-list is no longer sorted according to my sort criteria.

That's correct.

It is because it's all controlled within the browser screen.  I could change that by setting a cookie with javascript, but didn't think there would be a huge demand for that type of thing.

Written By: Red Ant on 08/25/05 at 10:39 am

The "christian" decade has resurfaced in the "submit a parody" screen.

I would like to see the search criteria stay the way it is selected to be sorted, if possible.

EDIT: I'm occasionally getting twit control on comments even though I hit "enter" only once, and I could have sworn I only hit submit one time on my parody entry today.

Written By: K.Y.L.E on 08/25/05 at 3:48 pm

When you look at the latest band name origins page, it says the latest one is the origin of Marillion, however, more have been submitted since then, it says so on the front page of Names, where it says the 1 latest origin.

Written By: Philip Eno on 09/29/07 at 5:06 pm

Can Bluetongue be added to the list?

Written By: Red Ant on 09/29/07 at 7:58 pm

Can Bluetongue be added to the list?

???

Please explain...

Ant

Written By: wildcard on 09/29/07 at 9:23 pm

I seemed to have some sort of trouble submitting.  It looked fine in Word, but when I pasted it the lines were messed up.  After strightening them out in the parody lyrics box the preview still showed a messed up line.  I submitted it to see what would happen when it is up.

Written By: Red Ant on 09/29/07 at 9:56 pm

I seemed to have some sort of trouble submitting.  It looked fine in Word, but when I pasted it the lines were messed up.  After strightening them out in the parody lyrics box the preview still showed a messed up line.  I submitted it to see what would happen when it is up.

Microsoft Word has a long history of turning quotes, apostrophes, elipses and perhaps also special characters (entities) into an unreadable mess when submitted to Amiright.

Notepad may be primitive in comparison, but all of my parodies display the way I typed them.

Ant

Written By: wildcard on 09/29/07 at 11:02 pm

Microsoft Word has a long history of turning quotes, apostrophes, elipses and perhaps also special characters (entities) into an unreadable mess when submitted to Amiright.

Notepad may be primitive in comparison, but all of my parodies display the way I typed them.

Ant

if it is word this is my first time having a problem submitting with it.  What I found interesting was the line still messed up in the preview after fixing the lines in the parody lyric box.  Like I said I'll see what happens when it's up and maybe I'll try to submit something from wordpad to see if the version of word I have now is a problem. 

Written By: Red Ant on 09/29/07 at 11:03 pm

if it is word this is my first time having a problem submitting with it.  What I found interesting was the line still messed up in the preview after fixing the lines in the parody lyric box.  Like I said I'll see what happens when it's up and maybe I'll try to submit something from wordpad to see if the version of word I have now is a problem. 

What was the line?

Browsers can also have something to do with it. Chucky can explain it better than I can.

Ant

Written By: wildcard on 09/29/07 at 11:36 pm

What was the line?

Browsers can also have something to do with it. Chucky can explain it better than I can.

Ant

I just tried to copy and paste the words and the lines were in the wrong places so the program I have now is a problem.  Could just be a monitor problem and maybe my parody will be fine when it's up.

Written By: philbo on 10/01/07 at 4:46 am

???

Please explain...

Ant

It's a bovine viral disease that's just come over here from the continent.  I think he's trying to be funny ;)

One very (very) minor bug is in the sorting by hits on the author parody page: it places all those with no votes at the top of the list (any odds as a hangover from when that column contained votes rather than hits)

Check for new replies or respond here...