inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Album cover image parodies (Photoshops)

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/13/05 at 2:56 pm

I've been wanting to setup a gallery of Photoshopped album covers for awhile now.  I think I'm going to go ahead and cobble something together and see what people think of it.

I wrote a simple upload script for now, and I'll probably build the gallery pages tomorrow.

Questions:

1) If I put amiright.com on the lower right of the original sized pictures people upload, will people be upset?  I'm thinking they should be watermarked incase they begin to show up somewhere else.

2) Is anyone interested in doing these? 

If there's a decent number of these submitted, I'll begin using the new parody album covers on pages in place of the original album covers from amazon.

Subject: Re: Album cover image parodies (Photoshops)

Written By: Dominic L. on 09/13/05 at 4:05 pm

I've been wanting to setup a gallery of Photoshopped album covers for awhile now.  I think I'm going to go ahead and cobble something together and see what people think of it.

I wrote a simple upload script for now, and I'll probably build the gallery pages tomorrow.

Questions:

1) If I put amiright.com on the lower right of the original sized pictures people upload, will people be upset?  I'm thinking they should be watermarked incase they begin to show up somewhere else.

2) Is anyone interested in doing these? 

If there's a decent number of these submitted, I'll begin using the new parody album covers on pages in place of the original album covers from amazon.

great idea! I've been doing this for a while. If I find a way to scan  it, I will definitely submit!

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 09/13/05 at 11:52 pm

Should we just post them here for you to access?

I've been informed that 'colored' is an offensive term, so will scrap that Peppers album parody.

I'll work on 'Flabbey Road' next. There is a surprising lack of fat people at images.google.com

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/14/05 at 7:46 am

Should we just post them here for you to access?

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/dragonangelfairy/Coloredfornication.jpg

I'll work on 'Flabbey Road' next. There is a surprising lack of fat people at images.google.com

Maybe we should start a new thread.  I was going to allow people to submit a large version and then just reasize it down to 160x160.  I'm having a problem with the script though.  Turns out, the method I use on onlyonfilm won't work on amiright, because the amiright server is way too ancient.  Not sure if I should try and code around it, or just begin looking for a better server.

Written By: karen on 09/14/05 at 8:57 am

will this one do?

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/14/05 at 2:09 pm

Maybe we should start a new thread.  I was going to allow people to submit a large version and then just reasize it down to 160x160.  I'm having a problem with the script though.  Turns out, the method I use on onlyonfilm won't work on amiright, because the amiright server is way too ancient.  Not sure if I should try and code around it, or just begin looking for a better server.

Well, I found some software to work around the issues with the crappy server (for now anyways).  I'm going to begin on making the actual pages themselves.  I'm going to live dangerousily with it, and not write the "approver" role for section just yet.  I'm going to take a wait and see attitude as to whether people like it or not.  If it's busy enough, I'll flesh it out the rest of the way.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 09/14/05 at 6:02 pm

... do you just need the url link things?

will this one do?

Let me rephrase: there are not enough pics of fat people shown on a 90-degree angle for me to cut/paste over the original Beatles.
Thanks anyway.  ;D

Written By: EmiLoca on 09/14/05 at 7:56 pm

Let me rephrase: there are not enough pics of fat people shown on a 90-degree angle for me to cut/paste over the original Beatles.

Slacker.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 09/14/05 at 8:27 pm

Hey, I'm anything BUT a slacker!
*hackatotal28daysofessaylatenessthusfarduetotimespentinMSPaintcough*

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/dragonangelfairy/UNCO.jpg

Which reminds me. Onto your fifth line yet, CRUX?!

Written By: EmiLoca on 09/14/05 at 9:12 pm

Hey, I'm anything BUT a slacker!
*hackatotal28daysofessaylatenessthusfarduetotimespentinMSPaintcough*

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y110/dragonangelfairy/UNCO.jpg

Which reminds me. Onto your fifth line yet, CRUX?!

Unlike YOU, I'm still busting my tushie to stay at the top of my class, PAINTCRUX!!!  I don't have time to fritter away on your STEUPDY PEUPDY IDEAS.

Okay fine I'll start working grumble grumble grumblecakes.

And, as long as we're staying on topic, as far as CD covers go, I'll see if I can't 'shop it like it's hot. 

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 09/14/05 at 11:16 pm

...amazing how we're able to chew up the initial purpose of any given thread like a swarm of EmiLocusts...

Check for new replies or respond here...