inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Titles Space Is Kinda Short, Chucky

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/19/05 at 7:53 am

Have you changed the PARODY TITLE field length on the submission page? I couldn't fit the title I had containing 50 characters and spaces.

I have a feeling people will trouble trying to submit their'Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious' parodies in this manner  ::), but so be it.

Subject: Re: Titles Space Is Kinda Short, Chucky

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/19/05 at 10:36 am

It's probably from when I did the script upgrades in July.  I've increased it to 75 characters.  I don't like super long titles, they tend to make the formatting of various pages look bad.  They're also rather unrealistic, most songs have short titles.

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/19/05 at 12:10 pm

Agreed on the potential of its abuse. Hopefully it won't come to that.

ThankS! 8)

Written By: Red Ant on 09/19/05 at 8:29 pm

It's probably from when I did the script upgrades in July.  I've increased it to 75 characters.  I don't like super long titles, they tend to make the formatting of various pages look bad.  They're also rather unrealistic, most songs have short titles.

I was wondering about that, seeing as I'm considering parodying Pearl Jam's (I swear this is the actual song title):

"Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town"

Of course, the title isn't in the song, and to spoof Pearl Jam for using such a ridiculous title I was going to top them:

"A Very Long Parody Title That Bears No Relation To The Lyrics Just Like TOS Title Did"

Perhaps something shorter...

Check for new replies or respond here...