inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Chuck, I been having trouble submitting stuff

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/23/05 at 12:12 pm

My JamesJoyce trilogy still isn't a trilogy...all week, it has taken me two attempts to have three parodies get submitted, and the final one (titled JamesKurtJoyceCobain #3:Molly) has not made it into the new entries for the 2nd time in a row. ??? :-[ I chalked it up earlier to the your recent server problems, but now I am getting concerned.

Could it be merely because of my unorthodox, but intentionally humorous attempts at submitting the work without punctuation and proper formatting of stanzas?

If you would prefer to talk about it off-site, feel free to e-mail me at agrimorfee@hotmail.com.

Subject: Re: Chuck, I been having trouble submitting stuff

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/23/05 at 1:47 pm

My JamesJoyce trilogy still isn't a trilogy...all week, it has taken me two attempts to have three parodies get submitted, and the final one (titled JamesKurtJoyceCobain #3:Molly) has not made it into the new entries for the 2nd time in a row. ??? :-[ I chalked it up earlier to the your recent server problems, but now I am getting concerned.

Could it be merely because of my unorthodox, but intentionally humorous attempts at submitting the work without punctuation and proper formatting of stanzas?

If you would prefer to talk about it off-site, feel free to e-mail me at agrimorfee@hotmail.com.

yeah, it was the formatting.  When I see a parody submitted without line breaks where they belong, I won't let them go through without being told why it's not formatted. 

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/23/05 at 2:20 pm

Ok--

Can I submit this piece in once again without the line breaks, now that you know about it? It's just a little in-joke, poking fun at the same thing James Joyce did--and only Joyce readers will get it...but you know, it's all Art with a capital A, and everything... ::)

Is it cool? :-\\

(if not, I'll submit it as it normally would be done...)

Written By: ChuckyG on 09/23/05 at 6:44 pm

Ok--

Can I submit this piece in once again without the line breaks, now that you know about it? It's just a little in-joke, poking fun at the same thing James Joyce did--and only Joyce readers will get it...but you know, it's all Art with a capital A, and everything... ::)

Is it cool? :-\\

(if not, I'll submit it as it normally would be done...)

yeah, ok.  I wasn't sure if that was something Joyce did or not

Check for new replies or respond here...