inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: John, Paul, George, Ringo, Rick, and Moses

Written By: Spaff.com on 10/03/05 at 9:40 pm

Howdy, parody fans.

In case you missed it in the New Recordings section of Amiright (and even if you didn't miss it), Rick Cormier has completed a recording of "A Day in the Exodus," the story of Moses (more or less - well, more AND less) set to the Beatles' "A Day in the Life."

Actually, he's completed THREE recordings of it. The first one was destroyed when his computer crashed. The other two were reconstructed from ashes and are now up on my web site:
http://www.spaff.com/poesy/exodus.html

One version (the "Wandering Bytes!" version) is pretty heavily loaded with random sound bytes. The other (the "Kosher Version") is not. We'd greatly appreciate if y'all would weigh in on which version you hate the least, because we're thinking of sending one of them to Dr. Demento, and, well, if we can't trust YOUR opinions on these matters, whose CAN we trust?

Muchas gracias (as they say in ancient Hebrew).

xoxox
Spaff

Subject: Re: John, Paul, George, Ringo, Rick, and Moses

Written By: Red Ant on 10/03/05 at 10:44 pm

Howdy, parody fans.

In case you missed it in the New Recordings section of Amiright (and even if you didn't miss it), Rick Cormier has completed a recording of "A Day in the Exodus," the story of Moses (more or less - well, more AND less) set to the Beatles' "A Day in the Life."

Actually, he's completed THREE recordings of it. The first one was destroyed when his computer crashed. The other two were reconstructed from ashes and are now up on my web site:
http://www.spaff.com/poesy/exodus.html

One version (the "Wandering Bytes!" version) is pretty heavily loaded with random sound bytes. The other (the "Kosher Version") is not. We'd greatly appreciate if y'all would weigh in on which version you hate the least, because we're thinking of sending one of them to Dr. Demento, and, well, if we can't trust YOUR opinions on these matters, whose CAN we trust?

Muchas gracias (as they say in ancient Hebrew).

xoxox
Spaff

I hate them equally.  ;) Just kidding, both are funny (great recordings Rick)- I'd run with the Wandering Bytes version though- more dimented (did you add the "go to hell" part from that commenter who said as much on the parody? and I'm a sucker for B&B blurbs), though my opinion is to be taken with a grain of Kosher salt.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 10/04/05 at 3:40 pm

I hate them equally.  ;) Just kidding, both are funny (great recordings Rick)- I'd run with the Wandering Bytes version though- more dimented (did you add the "go to hell" part from that commenter who said as much on the parody? and I'm a sucker for B&B blurbs), though my opinion is to be taken with a grain of Kosher salt.

Thanks, Red Ant. In case anyone doesn't have audio editing software, the reversed satanic message is a little joke I was trying to play on Spaff. It is a mini parody of the "Theme from Shaft", the spoken part in the middle of the song. It says, "They say that cat, Spaff is a bad mutha...(Girls "Shut yo mouth!") I'm just talkin' 'bout Spaff! (Girls: "Then we can dig it!"). The joke was on me though, since Dee Range did that parody a year or so ago. I didn't find that out until yesterday though. Oh, well, at least I stole it from a good source.

Written By: Spaff.com on 10/04/05 at 10:31 pm

did you add the "go to hell" part from that commenter who said as much on the parody?

Ha! That "See you in Hell!" is Apu from the Simpsons. I'd forgotten about that comment but I suppose it gives the sound byte some added poignancy.

Very cool of you to check out both versions and hit us with a comment. Thanx, Red.

I can dig it.

xoxox
Spaff

Check for new replies or respond here...