inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I signed up for a show that the president of a parody company will be watching

Written By: EthanM on 10/24/05 at 3:32 pm

And i need to get people to come to see the show in exchange for the chance to perform in front of someone who might possibly hire me in the most awesome of jobs for the amateur parody writer - that of professional parody writer. This is not the only place I plan on looking to get the required seven people, but it is the first place. It's at the New York Comedy Club on east 24th street in Union Square, Manhattan at 9 PM on wednesday, November 16th so this is plenty of notice. I'll let you bring whoever else you want with you... in fact I encourage it. I may even buy drinks fo those who come to see me... I can't really afford to be buying anyone drinks now but I can't afford to let an opportunity like this slip away either. I hope to see some of you there. 

Subject: Re: I signed up for a show that the president of a parody company will be watchi

Written By: ChuckyG on 10/24/05 at 3:39 pm

A couple days ahead of the event, post this thread (or maybe a more descriptive one) as a news item on amiright.  Maybe we can encourage people to turn out for it.

That of course goes for anything parody related that people plan on doing in the real world. I consider that site related news.

Subject: Re: I signed up for a show that the president of a parody company will be watching

Written By: EthanM on 10/24/05 at 6:21 pm

Don't congratulate me yet, since all I did so far was find out about it and ask to be in it. But thanks anyway.

What is "the award show"? If this was mentioned before I guess I missed it.

Subject: Re: I signed up for a show that the president of a parody company will be watching

Written By: EthanM on 10/25/05 at 4:50 pm

I talked to one of the organizers on the phone today and this is definitely happening. I have a number to call for reservations, but I think that  it's a little to early to make reservations just yet.

Written By: Robert J. Pagliaro on 11/01/05 at 2:50 pm

Ah, Ethan, 24th St. is 7-10 blocks above Union Square.  Do you mean 14th St?  

Written By: EthanM on 11/01/05 at 4:42 pm

ok so it's near union square... it is 24th street

Check for new replies or respond here...