inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: November 16 show I'll be in - official announcement

Written By: EthanM on 11/06/05 at 1:27 pm

On Wednesday, November 16, a new comedy production company called "belly laughs" is putting together a show at the New York Comedy Club. I have been booked for this show, and Erik Hastings, the president of Scripted Improv Media, which according to my sources provides song parodies and other types of parodies to hundreds of radio stations, will be in attendance. But I need to bring several people in order to perform while being unknown, and if you call at least 48 hours in advance and say you're going to see me, you get a $3 discount on the ticket. So it will be 12 dollars instead of 15. Also, I might buy you a drink to thank you for coming out to support me. The Club is in Manhattan at 241 East 24th street between 2nd and 3rd avenues. You can book a seat (or as many as you want) by calling 212 629 1781 or by e mail at comedyreservations@hotmail.com.

If you're interested at all, send me a private message here or an email at nyparodywriter@hotmail.com

Ethan Mawyer

Subject: Re: November 16 show I'll be in - official announcement

Written By: Robert J. Pagliaro on 11/07/05 at 5:16 pm

Ethan, I'll attend - you'll just have to tell them - I don't think I'll call in advance - I'll just show up.
bob

Hey, you don't have to buy anybody drinks.

Written By: EthanM on 11/07/05 at 5:54 pm

Thanks... if you really can't send them an email to make a reservation I guess I could tell them, but I don't know why you wouldn't want to save 3 dollars

Written By: Robert J. Pagliaro on 11/07/05 at 6:20 pm

I'm just not sure if I'm coming alone or if I'm going to bring a girlfriend along.

Written By: 2nz on 11/09/05 at 2:08 pm

I can attend too, but around what time would the show be starting? I'll hit up some of my buddies at DCTV in the city to see if they would like to go. Just lemme know so I can give them a time frame to leave open.

Written By: EthanM on 11/09/05 at 3:28 pm

It starts at 9

Written By: Robert J. Pagliaro on 11/10/05 at 1:03 pm

2nz - we'll see you there.  Ethan, I'm sorry, Kimba will not be able to make it.

Written By: EthanM on 11/15/05 at 12:54 pm

This is tomorrow

Written By: Dominic L. on 11/15/05 at 3:50 pm

I live too far away and people under 21 probably aren't allowed ;D

Written By: EthanM on 11/15/05 at 7:19 pm

I dn't think age would be an issue, but distance probably is

Written By: karen on 11/16/05 at 4:12 am

Best of luck with the show Ethan

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 11/16/05 at 6:41 am

I'd love to come, Ethan...I'll just hop in my Lear Jet from London, and swing by Paris to pick up a coupla bottles of champagne for ya. ;)
Good luck, mate....I'll be there in spirit

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/16/05 at 10:43 am

Break a leg, Ethan! 

Written By: Rex on 11/16/05 at 12:12 pm

I'll have a drink in your honor tonight!

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/17/05 at 1:15 pm

so follow up report anyone?  everything go ok I hope?

Written By: 2nz on 11/17/05 at 4:02 pm

Details on the event coming soon. Unfortunately, no photos to speak of. When I get time after work I'll sum it up as best I can, unless Ethan gets back from his physical and beats me to the punch. Right now I CAN say a good time was had by all. Parodies were performed, floors were slept on, NYC cabs were hailed and there were people clapping too from what I remember. Anyhow, more details to come.

-Glen

Written By: EthanM on 11/17/05 at 5:09 pm

I can't say a good time was had by all, as one of the comics had to stop in the middle of her set for personal reasons, but I thought that my set went well. At least what there was of it. It was supposed to by a ten minute set, but I didn't get quite the amount of people i need to come so I only got to do 5. With five minutes, there was really only time for one song, and I chose what was probably the most difficult song that I have a backing track for. Partially because I could get the most out of my 5 minutes that way, and at least then if i messed up the difficulty could be an excuse. But apart from some slight difficulty with enunciating over 4 minutes worth of rap lyrics, i think i nailed it. All evidence, except for me not being booked on a paying tour yet, points to that i did very well. But I think the person i went to impress from a professional standpoint left before anyone went  either because there weren't enough audience members or because no one knew to bring headshots and resumes.
    After the show, me, Glen and his cousin went to a diner and ate and discussed parodies and other things, but mostly parodies. Then it was late and it would've been quite a mserable walk home from the train station, so 2nz's cousin let us all crash at his apartment. There was a pull-out couch, but i didn't say shotty not floor so i slept on the couch cushions on the floor. It's amazing i'm not completely comatose at the moment.
    Overall I'm pretty satisfied with the experience, but my parent seem to think it's a scam/sham/waste of time since I didn't get any work out of it.

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/21/05 at 9:56 am

Sounds like it was an exciting time and a great experience, Ethan --- congratulations.

Written By: Donnie Darko on 01/04/06 at 2:40 am

Good for you ... too bad I'm in a Tangent Universe.

Check out my music.

www.soundclick.com/posseoftwo

Check for new replies or respond here...