inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Parody Performed!

Written By: Rex on 11/18/05 at 1:56 pm

The Black Knight and Squire G radio show out of Chicago performed my parody of "It's Beginning To Look a Lot Like Christmas"!

You can hear it by going to their archive page (http://innersites.com/bksg/archives.htm) and playing the November 12 show. They discuss the parody from around 39:30 to 41:00 into the show, and the intro and performance is from 54:45 to 58:20. (And they even pronounce my name correctly.)

Also, Chucky, they give some praise to AmIRight.

Subject: Re: Parody Performed!

Written By: EthanM on 11/18/05 at 3:01 pm

congrats

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/18/05 at 4:39 pm

Good job...must be one of the many podcasts originating here in town that I am not able to hear. Wish it were that easy to get played anywhere else around here! :D

Written By: 2nz on 11/18/05 at 5:34 pm

Nice once, Rex. Congratulations. So what's next? You gonna try for some Dr. Demento time now? It's worth a shot.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 11/18/05 at 7:52 pm

hey, nicely done, Rex (great voice) and they gave you a big rap too - and as I type, they've just mentioned Rick Duncan as well
for one of his combined band names

big plug for amiright there :)

Written By: Rex on 11/18/05 at 8:49 pm

hey, nicely done, Rex (great voice) and they gave you a big rap too - and as I type, they've just mentioned Rick Duncan as well
for one of his combined band names

big plug for amiright there :)

Wish the voice was mine. One of those guys made the recording, which is probably a good thing.  ;)

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 11/18/05 at 10:25 pm

Ha! I had a nice chuckle at the AmIRight/richt bit and a fine parody, too. Well done indeed, Rex.
"Hit the head right on the nail."

My only advice now that you've had radio coverage is... SUE THE BASTARDS!  ;)

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/18/05 at 11:47 pm

Bravo, Rex! Bravo!  ;D

Written By: Rick D on 11/19/05 at 2:50 pm

Stu, who mentioned me and under what band name? The link doesn't say. I assume this was in Chicago?

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 11/19/05 at 11:19 pm

Stu, who mentioned me and under what band name? The link doesn't say. I assume this was in Chicago?

Rick, go to the link in Rex's original post and download the show

I fast-forwarded thru it hoping to land randomly on Rex's parody, which I did, at about the 55-minute mark from memory.  Then I kept it playing for a few minutes while I did other stuff and they refer to amiright and then "Rick Duncan" - I think they were looking at contributions to combined Band names, and you must have submitted one that took their fancy

Written By: Rick D on 11/20/05 at 12:00 am

Thanks Stu. I almost forgot about those.

Written By: jreuben on 11/21/05 at 12:54 pm

Congrats!  Very cool!

Written By: Red Ant on 11/21/05 at 8:04 pm

Congrats!

Written By: Spaff.com on 12/04/05 at 6:58 pm

Belated congrats, Rex. That's very cool.

xoxox
Spaff

Check for new replies or respond here...