inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Johnny D in the Award Show

Written By: Rick Cormier on 11/20/05 at 7:02 am

Having attended "The Award Show" last night, I can honestly say that Johnny D (John Small) is a wonderful actor and a talented singer, in addition to being a brilliant parodist!

"The Award Show" was a splendid mixture of music, comedy and mystery which kept the audience laughing, smiling and guessing all night.

Almost all of the songs were parodies written by Johnny D. It was great to see his words brought to life by the wonderful cast of the Nashoba Players.

Johnny played the part of Marshall, a stage manager in charge of keeping things running smoothly during a chaotic TV awards presentation show.

My favorite parodies included, "I Am The MAN!", "Measley's Menace", "Marshall's Words of Wisdom" and "Go Home".

It was a pleasure to meet John and his wife, Mary, and, to attend the final performance of this wonderful show.

Great job, JD!

Subject: Re: Johnny D in the Award Show

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/20/05 at 11:24 am

Having attended "The Award Show" last night, I can honestly say that Johnny D (John Small) is a wonderful actor and a talented singer, in addition to being a brilliant parodist!

"The Award Show" was a splendid mixture of music, comedy and mystery which kept the audience laughing, smiling and guessing all night.

Almost all of the songs were parodies written by Johnny D. It was great to see his words brought to life by the wonderful cast of the Nashoba Players.

Johnny played the part of Marshall, a stage manager in charge of keeping things running smoothly during a chaotic TV awards presentation show.

My favorite parodies included, "I Am The MAN!", "Measley's Menace", "Marshall's Words of Wisdom" and "Go Home".

It was a pleasure to meet John and his wife, Mary, and, to attend the final performance of this wonderful show.

Great job, JD!

Thank you, Rick!  It was great to meet you and your daughter Melissa.  Thanks for coming to the show!

Here's a link to some photos from "The Award Show":  Click here

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 11/20/05 at 11:16 pm

The link didn't work, Johnny. Sounds like a brilliant show, though.

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/21/05 at 8:50 am

The link didn't work, Johnny. Sounds like a brilliant show, though.

Thanks, Luke.  The link is slightly unpredictable, for some unknown reason --- if it doesn't work at first, try hitting F5/Refresh.

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/21/05 at 8:56 am

Cool beans, Johnny! Today...The Nashoba Players...tomorrow, Broadway!  ;)

Written By: ChuckyG on 11/21/05 at 10:00 am

hey, you should have submitted this as a newsitem beforehand, you might have gotten a few more regulars to show up.  I'm busy as heck before the winter gets here (my house, oh the work needed), but there's plenty of amirighters around New England...

congrats though... an entire play of parodies, performed even, that's impressive...

Written By: jreuben on 11/21/05 at 12:51 pm

Yes, congrats on the show!  I'm sure it was a blast!

Written By: Red Ant on 11/21/05 at 8:08 pm

Congratulations Johnny D.  8)

Written By: 2nz on 11/22/05 at 10:22 am

Good show, JD (methinks). Yeah, by all means, post a news item before the next one and maybe someone can post some directions here on the site. That is unless you did just that for this past one and I completely missed it. Regardless, congratulations on the many achievements of the show.

Written By: Spaff.com on 12/04/05 at 6:46 pm

Wow, Johnny - How gratifying to have your work performed in such an unforgettable way. I hope you were able to get video and/or audio of the evening for posterity. Congrats!

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 12/04/05 at 7:34 pm

Unpredictable indeed! Nice photos!  ;D

I'll never get tired of Santahat smileys.

Written By: Johnny_D on 12/04/05 at 9:01 pm

Thank you, Agrimorfee, Chucky, Jeff, Red Ant, 2nz, Mighty Spaff, and (again) Luke!

Check for new replies or respond here...