inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Agrimorfee to perform for his coworkers

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/21/05 at 8:46 am

I'm going to muster up my courage and perform for my company's Christmas party talent show on Dec. 9. I will try to perform my parody "Thanksgiving Nightmare" (parody of U2's 'Vertigo), rewritten as "Christmas Dinner Nightmare".
:D

Kind Rick Cormier is going to see about sending me a MIDI or mp3 of the OS for use of this, but in the meantime, I have to use the original CD and sing REAL LOUD! ;)

I am more nervous to try to audition for this in front of a few HR Dept. heads this Tuesday than for the collected group next month. Please, provide me some good luck cheer! :)

Subject: Re: Agrimorfee to perform for his coworkers

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/21/05 at 9:04 am

I'm going to muster up my courage and perform for my company's Christmas party talent show on Dec. 9. I will try to perform my parody "Thanksgiving Nightmare" (parody of U2's 'Vertigo), rewritten as "Christmas Dinner Nightmare".

Kind Rick Cormier is going to see about sending me a MIDI or mp3 of the OS for use of this, but in the meantime, I have to use the original CD and sing REAL LOUD! ;)

I am more nervous to try to audition for this in front of a few HR Dept. heads this Tuesday than for the collected group next month. Please, provide me some good luck cheer! :)

Agri, if there's anybody here who knows EXACTLY what you're going through, it's yours truly!

There have been opinion polls that show that most individuals' greatest fear is speaking before a group ... so imagine what it's like to not simply speak before a group, but to get up on stage in front of a casting committee who is staring at you and judging you while you act and/or sing and/or dance ... Agrimorfee, I applaud your courage & self-confidence --- BREAK A LEG !!!

Johnny D    ;D

Written By: EthanM on 11/21/05 at 9:27 am

if you want a decent instrumental mp3, download the midi (mididelight.com has a decent one) and then convert it using hamienet.com's midi2mp3 converter.

oh, and good luck

Written By: jreuben on 11/21/05 at 12:53 pm

Just wanted to say good luck...we're all counting on you <shuts cockpit door>

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/21/05 at 12:56 pm

And then, after Agrimorfee, white-knuckled but maintaining a firm grip, successfully completes his performance, the theater starts shaking like an earthquake from the thunderous applause as Jeff Reuben opens the cockpit door, sticks his head in again, and says....

"Just wanted to say good luck...we're all counting on you <shuts cockpit door>"

Written By: Arwen on 11/21/05 at 3:56 pm

LOL!

Written By: Rex on 11/21/05 at 7:29 pm

May the farce be with you.

Written By: Red Ant on 11/21/05 at 7:48 pm

Good luck Agrimorfee!, surely you'll do fine.

(waits for the obvious Airplane movie joke to follow).  ;)

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/22/05 at 12:34 pm

(waits for the obvious Airplane movie joke to follow).

Written By: 2nz on 11/23/05 at 3:23 pm

You'll do fine. You'll be really nervous before-hand but then once you're doing your thing, you'll do fine. I've been practicing the parodies I want to perform in front the family members who I can snag to listen. I've asked them to be really picky and honest about my performance. That works because it simulates the worst possible audience experience you could have: people heckling, giving you pointers mindway through your show, all that. So by the time you go up in front for real, you'll have the confidence that your audience couldn't POSSIBLY be any worse than what you've experienced with your family. ;c)

Anyhow, good luck.

EDIT: Actually... uh... because this is... uh... Wednesday... did I miss it and make myself out for a fool by wishing you luck in a show that's already over? 'Cause if so, let's here how it went, man.

EDIT: Actually... uh... I'm already a fool... because you said... uh... Dec. 9th already on this... uh, thread. So, yeah. Good luck still.

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/28/05 at 10:27 am

I auditioned on 11/22, to 3 "judges" between age 35-55 in one of our company's conference room. As I have told Rick Cormier, I *think* I did a good job, but when I was finished, I was told there would be a response later. It is now 11/28, I'm back at work, and there has been no reply.  :-[
There was at least 10-12 people who auditioned, and I hope that there wasn't an elimination based on quality due to lack of time-space (only 5 people performed last year, and I have no idea what the auditioning process was like then).

Well, no matter how it goes, thanks for all your support. :) 8) Will keep you posted.

Written By: jreuben on 11/28/05 at 11:52 am

(waits for the obvious Airplane movie joke to follow).  ;)

Surely you can't be serious

(Couldn't let you down)

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/28/05 at 5:09 pm

wELLL.....a general e-mail was sent out today, announcing the 5 finalists for this "American Idol" program...

And I'm not one of them. :-\\ :\'(
They just can't see what the crowd will miss. Piss on it, then. >:(

Again, thanks again everyone, especially Rick C.

Written By: karen on 11/29/05 at 3:56 am

Surely you can't be serious

(Couldn't let you down)

I think perhaps the response should have been "and don't call me Shirley!"?

wELLL.....a general e-mail was sent out today, announcing the 5 finalists for this "American Idol" program...

And I'm not one of them. :-\\ :\'(
They just can't see what the crowd will miss. Piss on it, then. >:(

Again, thanks again everyone, especially Rick C.

Sorry to hear you weren't successful this time

Written By: Spaff.com on 12/04/05 at 6:34 pm

Congrats, Aggro, on mustering up the courage to do that. A few years back I tried one of my parodies at karaoke night on a cruise ship, and the reaction was, um... Let's just say I haven't tried it again since.

xoxox
Spaff

Check for new replies or respond here...