inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Spaff's Pink Floyd Christmas album

Written By: agrimorfee on 12/05/05 at 2:04 pm

Hey all, in the spirit of the season, I recommend you dig into Spaff's archives and check out his complete Dark Side of the Moon parody, The North Dide of the Pole, starting here:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/pinkfloyd136.shtml.

I printed this out last year, packed it in my collection of crazy Christmas music, then pulled it out again this weekend. Such wacky joy once again.

I eagerly await the recorded version of this "album", God willing. 8)

Subject: Re: Spaff's Pink Floyd Christmas album

Written By: Red Ant on 12/05/05 at 5:19 pm

I've been meaning to check these out for a while now but alas I don't have the DSotM CD(s) and only barely remember "Brain Damage". Maybe I'll get it for Christmas.

Written By: Spaff.com on 12/05/05 at 9:14 pm

Hey, thanks for the plug, Aggro.

I suppose I should submit it to Amiright as an entire-album parody. I remember Johnny D providing instructions on how to do that; anyone got that link handy? Or is there nothing more to it than submitting it like you would a regular song parody, but with links instead of lyrics?

Meanwhile, this page on my site compiles the North Side of the Pole album:
http://www.spaff.com/poesy/tnsotp.html

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: 2nz on 12/06/05 at 3:24 pm

I suppose I should submit it to Amiright as an entire-album parody. I remember Johnny D providing instructions on how to do that; anyone got that link handy? Or is there nothing more to it than submitting it like you would a regular song parody, but with links instead of lyrics?

Just e-mail Chucky and state that you want to submit those parodies as an album. He has a form submission, he can generate a link for you, and then you just follow the directions that he's layed out. Since it's all the same original performer, it'll be easy.

That's how I remember doing it when I submitted my 'Another Hobbit's Tale' Album. I had different songs AND different performers, but Chucky showed me how to modify the form so that I could include both the song and the performer for each entry of the album.

Written By: Johnny_D on 12/06/05 at 3:51 pm

I remember Johnny D providing instructions on how to do that; anyone got that link handy?

xoxox
Spaff

HOW TO DO THAT, by Johnny D  ;D

Written By: Robert J. Pagliaro on 12/08/05 at 9:26 am

If you start Spaff's album on the third lion's roar at the biginning of the Wizard of Oz, it synchs up perfectly with the movie.

Written By: Spaff.com on 12/08/05 at 9:51 am

Thanx, 2nz and Johnny D (and Red Ant, who PM'd instructions to me) for your help. I was able to, um, get it up:
http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/pinkfloyd181.shtml

If you start Spaff's album on the third lion's roar at the biginning of the Wizard of Oz, it synchs up perfectly with the movie.

True, RJP. Especially after indulging in a bit of Christmas cheer.

P.S. Since this thread has become a way to plug stuff written by me me me, I highly recommend that y'all check out Robert Lund's recording of "King Kong" (a parody of Aerosmith's "Dream On"):
http://www.spaff.com/poesy/king_kong.html

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Robert J. Pagliaro on 12/08/05 at 11:01 am

Publicity whore - and I mean that with the utmost respect. 

Written By: Spaff.com on 12/12/05 at 10:50 pm

Publicity whore - and I mean that with the utmost respect. 

Wow - I don't know if I like the term "publicity whore" - I mean, that word is just really really harsh, you know?

I'm much more comfortable with "crack whore."

xoxox
Spaff

Check for new replies or respond here...