inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2nz Second Performance on January 12th

Written By: 2nz on 01/04/06 at 11:30 am

I'll be performing at the same club in New York entitled NewYorkComedyClub on Thursday, January 12th. The address is still 241 East 24th street between 2nd and 3rd avenues. The show will start at 9pm and I'll have ten minutes to put my best foot forward some time between 9pm and 11pm which is around when the show will wrap up.

Most of the information below is the same as my last performace:

I'm still a newbie so they want me to bring as many people to see myself (and the other performers) as possible. So this is just as much a request as it is a promotion. As such, here are the rules of attendance as I understand them:

~ There is a two drink minimum. (You can get two cokes for around $3 each if you're not of age or of mind to drink alcohol but they do have it if you're legal and you want it.)

~ In addition to drinks, there is a $12 cover charge for everyone who makes a reservation, and a $15 charge if you did not make a reservation.

~ You're strongly encouraged to make a reservation at least 48 hours in advance which states how many people your reserving room for and who you are coming to see specifically. (They want to keep tabs on how many people are coming to see a certain person perform)

They won't start accepting reservations for this particular show until the 7th of January. Even so, you can leave a message stating that you're interested to see me (Glen) or you can send an e-mail:

Phone reservations at 212 629 1781
E-mail at comedyreservations@hotmail.com

I appreciate any and all support and (as with last time) if I don't make you laugh, your drinks are on me (Offer no longer void in Utah but is still subject to availability   ). After the show, all are welcome to join me at an official NYC diner for late-night snacks and conversations. A memorable time will be had by all.

Subject: Re: 2nz Second Performance on January 12th

Written By: EthanM on 01/04/06 at 11:46 am

This is very short notice... and I'm afraid i might not be welcome at shows by that company after having to cancel for Friday

Written By: Robert J. Pagliaro on 01/04/06 at 3:07 pm

No Spaff appearance at this one, right? 

Written By: 2nz on 01/04/06 at 3:08 pm

Sorry Ethan and everybody, I know it's short notice. It's my fault for signing up kinda late and then getting tied up in New Years and forgetting to post this.

And Ethan, I don't think they'd stop you from attending stuff. They just have their panties in a bunch because you cancelled so close to the show.

Written By: 2nz on 01/04/06 at 3:11 pm

No Spaff appearance at this one, right? 

2nz: "I can't say."

Voice: "You mean you don't know, or you 'can't say'?"

2nz: "I can't say."

Written By: EthanM on 01/04/06 at 3:43 pm

this is a regular show, not a contest, right? I'll see if I can make it... I'll definitely be there if Spaff is coming

I suppose it would be pretty stupid of them to keep me out of the audience just because i couldn't get enough people to come to my scheduled show

Written By: Robert J. Pagliaro on 01/05/06 at 10:02 am

Well, if Spaff is coming to New York City, then I'm going to Spaffville on that day.  He doesn't live in a Red State, does he?  Going to a red state is like going to a foreign country - I think their citizens walk around wearing flags, packing heat on their belts and carrying the bible.  I think they're ruled by a king too.  Very frightening stuff. 

Written By: Rick Cormier on 01/05/06 at 6:02 pm

Hey, good luck, Glen! I'd love to be there but, it's four hours each way and, on a work night. Now, if you were to get a weekend gig, I'd love to check it out. :)

Written By: Red Ant on 01/05/06 at 9:56 pm

I'd love to attend but this electronic ankle bracelet keeps me within 100 feet of my home and work.  ;)

Anyway, good luck Glen.

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/05/06 at 11:21 pm

Google Maps says it's only a 36-hour drive (each way) for me, so I'll do my best, Glen. If for whatever reason I don't show up, though, I'll be there in spirit, hitting on Kimba. Break a nut!

Well, if Spaff is coming to New York City, then I'm going to Spaffville on that day.  He doesn't live in a Red State, does he?  Going to a red state is like going to a foreign country - I think their citizens walk around wearing flags, packing heat on their belts and carrying the bible.  I think they're ruled by a king too.  Very frightening stuff. 

Utah's not merely red, it's infrared. And the citizens carry the Book of Mormon. And their title for me is not "king."

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Robert J. Pagliaro on 01/06/06 at 10:37 am

Spaff - would you like me to send you some alcohol care packages?  Living in one of the major cities contributing to the moral decay of society, we've got it all.  And, with the actions of the current King, who knows how long this city will be around.  So, let me know what you need, whips?  Chains? Blow up dolls?  Perhaps we could even burn a flag in your honor.  (I'm not sure that I would even be allowed to enter Utah - I'll ask the next time King Dubya is listening in on one of my phone conversations.)

Written By: robert j. pagliaro on 01/10/06 at 10:18 am

Glenn - is this still on?  (I thought that I had missed it - thought it was this past Friday for some reason).

No Spaff, right? 

You know, I called the place to make reservations but President Bush got on the phone - monitoring my calls - so I started getting on his case for being stupid, starting a war, stealing an election, the designated hitter rule, etc.  and forgot to leave my name.

Written By: EthanM on 01/10/06 at 12:04 pm

Are you sure this is thursday? I was at the club yesterday and the dry-erase board that lists shows said that the 9pm show is "Meshuggenah Comedy" so unless you'rre in that there's been some mistake. 

Written By: 2nz on 01/10/06 at 5:18 pm

Are you sure this is thursday? I was at the club yesterday and the dry-erase board that lists shows said that the 9pm show is "Meshuggenah Comedy" so unless you'rre in that there's been some mistake. 

Yeah, Cory just e-mailed me a reminder about it stating 'THURSDAY OMNIPOP SHOWCASE'. He spelled it ONMIPOP, but that's neither here nor there for our purposes. I'm checking with him right now just to make doubly sure it's in the same place.

Glenn - is this still on?  (I thought that I had missed it - thought it was this past Friday for some reason).

No Spaff, right? 

You know, I called the place to make reservations but President Bush got on the phone - monitoring my calls - so I started getting on his case for being stupid, starting a war, stealing an election, the designated hitter rule, etc.  and forgot to leave my name.

I'm sure, Bobb. I will have to leave the stage and start beating you with their broken mike stand if you start talking about Bush during the Thursday show, though.

Nope haven't missed it yet. This is the two day notice if you want to come. And it's the three-day notice if you want to miss it.

And again about Spaff... I just can't say...

Written By: 2nz on 01/10/06 at 5:24 pm

And thank you Rick C, Red Ant and Spaff for the well-wishes from afar. I'll try to get a show in a different neck of the woods next time. THanks again and I appreciate it.

IMPORTANT LAST MINUTE REQUEST: Can any of you guys help me find a karaoke or unvoiced version of 'Baby Got Back' by Sir Mixalot? I searched online and couldn't find much.

I plan to do my take on that song, "Chasin' That Chub" in addition to "When I'm President" and "Why Women Need Men". The last two had their debut in the show last month and did quite well even considering my nervousness. I'm going to try very hard to make a recording to accomodate those that aren't in the same state and/or time zone as me and can't see the shows.

Written By: EthanM on 01/10/06 at 8:46 pm

I've lookd and looked for baby got back midi... no luck. I'm still a bit reluctant about going to a Belly laugs show so soon after the trouble about my last minute cancellation, but if one person will honestly make a big difference I'll see what I can do.

Written By: robert j. pagliaro on 01/11/06 at 9:13 am

Glen - you mean that there are comedy clubs in New York where Bush isn't the butt of most of the jokes?  That can't be - nobody in this city can stomach him - but when Bill Clinton walks down the street New Yorkers literally applaud - we love Bill.

Written By: 2nz on 01/11/06 at 12:08 pm

I've lookd and looked for baby got back midi... no luck. I'm still a bit reluctant about going to a Belly laugs show so soon after the trouble about my last minute cancellation, but if one person will honestly make a big difference I'll see what I can do.

You can come if you want, but I already have enough for the minimum that they ask for so you don't HAVE to come. Two of the song will be the same anyway. But you're always welcome to come see the show. In the case that you come out, staying with my cousin won't be an option most because I've gotta work at 10pm the next day.

Written By: 2nz on 01/11/06 at 12:12 pm

Glen - you mean that there are comedy clubs in New York where Bush isn't the butt of most of the jokes?  That can't be - nobody in this city can stomach him - but when Bill Clinton walks down the street New Yorkers literally applaud - we love Bill.

I'm not saying it won't get a laugh. I just wanted an excuse to beat someone I know with the broken microphone stand they have there. Also, making fun of Bush is too easy for my tastes currently (And yet somehow I still have some direct and indirect jokes about it in 'When I'm President').

Written By: 2nz on 01/13/06 at 10:04 am

What a great time. I got my ten minutes and from some reports, drastically improved over my initial performance.

I had ten friends in change sitting at a large table and they actually provided the spirit for most of the night. They continually provided the most energy, not just for me but for everyone throughout the night. Those in attendance included Jon, Jon, Herb, Harry, Albert, Liz, Simon, Marcel, Paul and this one other guys who's name I didn't catch. In addition, my cousin Steve came back for some more punishment after seeing my first show. So mad thank yous to everyone who came out.

I was going to do 'Why Women Need Men', then 'When I'm President' and then 'Chasin' that Chub' ('My Favorite Things', 'When I'm 64' and 'Baby got Back' respectively), but after using the unisex bathroom at the club, I decided to open the show with a bit I thought of about that. Once the audience was warmed up, I started with the last two songs in my initial line-up.

I don't have any photo evidence of this one just yet, but I'll try to see if I can render the video copy that I'm getting from the club so I can post part of it, or at least the audio part of it for you guys.

Thank you again to everyone who gave me the well-wishes here on the thread, I really appreciate it. I'll let you guys know when my next show is coming up.

Check for new replies or respond here...