inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Someone's Avril parody got mentioned in a paper

Written By: ChuckyG on 01/09/06 at 9:00 am

http://www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/story.html?id=7bd7d6e7-4de4-4635-b506-b8f6cdcd78ac&k=69546

Just as the music industry pumped out a bevy of Britney Spears clones (Jessica Simpson and Christina Aguilera started out as just that), the coming of Avril has spawned more than its share of copycats.
Reviewing a recent Ashlee Simpson concert, a reporter noted that her baggy pants were weighed down by her microphone battery pack, exposing her ``butt cleavage.'' Avril made the same fashion statement two years prior on her concert tour. Simpson's also been photographed wearing a P-U-N-K shirt, emulating Lavigne's own ``rock-chick'' style. Website www.amiright.com noted as much with its parody of the Simpson song Autobiography, entitled Clone of Avril Lavigne. The parody lyrics included the line: ``I've got rivals, pop princesses Lindsay Lohan and Hilary Duff. They're clones too.'' Kelly Clarkson's video for the smash hit Since U Been Gone was clearly Avril-influenced as well, with Clark trashing her boyfriend's home, which was reminiscent of a scene in Lavigne's Don't Tell Me video.

Subject: Re: Someone's Avril parody got mentioned in a paper

Written By: EthanM on 01/09/06 at 12:02 pm

This is the link:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/ashleesimpson25.shtml

Written By: Step-chan on 01/11/06 at 3:17 pm

Cool! ;D :)

Written By: agrimorfee on 01/12/06 at 11:04 am

Who is this Andrew Darwitan guy, and who is his connection at the Saskatoon-Star Phoenix? ;D

Written By: Andrew Darwitan on 02/13/07 at 6:32 am

It's been more than a year.
But uh... I just discovered this thread.

Well, how if I say that this Andrew Darwitan guy has absolutely no connection with whatever paper that is?
And anyway, that parody wasn't any good.
Actually, most of my parodies aren't (nah, actually I was just too obsessed with teenage pop-rock chicks.. it's quite ashame to know that I used to write those parodies, though...  :P).

Written By: Tia on 02/13/07 at 6:58 am

even if the parody blows, somebody deserves a medal if they got in the paper.

Check for new replies or respond here...