inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Potential Future Phenomenon... read it here

Written By: EthanM on 01/19/06 at 4:31 pm

I'd been a member for about two weeks before I saw that the moderator is from Provo, Utah. I believe there's a song on the Robert Lund Mormon CD about that. Anyway, if anyone is interested in what I've been writing there, the site is

http://www.writingup.com/blog/Ethan_Mawyer

On the off chance that anyone wants a blog of their own, make sure not to click on your own ads and don't ask for people to click on your ads. Otherwise you'll get in trouble with google and will make absolutely no money instead of practically no money.

This is where I'm posting a 17,000 word rhyming poem that I wrote. You don't know it yet, but you really want to read it.

Would I have let anything mediocre take up enough of my time that I only wrote about a dozen parodies in the past year? Maybe, but it isn't the case here.

Subject: Re: I joined a blog network run by someone from Spaff Country

Written By: Spaff.com on 01/22/06 at 1:09 pm

Provo, Utah, eh? Yes, I know the place all too well:
http://www.spaff.com/poesy/provo.html

Your link went to the main site, not to your blog, but clicked around and here's how I understand their concept: They get a bunch of bloggers to post there, then make an HUUUUGE amount of money on Google ads and share it with the bloggers. Correct? Good luck with that.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: EthanM on 01/22/06 at 2:00 pm

actually no one makes much money anymore because everyone is afraid to click on ads because of "click fraud" problems, but it seems like a good place to network even if I am making only pennies a day on a good day.

Written By: EthanM on 02/11/06 at 6:35 pm

The link works now... I promise.

So far I've made about an hour's worth of minimum wage, but earnings are always slow in the beginning.

If you want to see what should be the biggest thing...ever... give or take an indeterminate amount of things... this is the place to go. Or click on my signature. That works, too.

Subject: Re: Potential Future Phenomenon... read it here

Written By: EthanM on 02/16/06 at 12:16 am

Has anyone gotten around to reading this? By looking at arcade scores, I know that some of you have more than enough free time.

Written By: Red Ant on 02/16/06 at 12:58 am

Has anyone gotten around to reading this? By looking at arcade scores, I know that some of you have more than enough free time.

Okay, you got me with that one.  ;)  I took a look even though I generally hate blogs because the columns are
usually two
words wide
and every
other word
is a clickable
link to
something.

But not yours, which is cool. The I H8 IIitterate ppl was very funny.

Written By: EthanM on 02/16/06 at 10:55 am

Thanks... making things clickable is too much work anyway. But me not doing that could be part of the reason why I'm not getting rich from it.

There's a navigation bar now that should make it easier to read my poem/story/almost certainly the most impressive thing I've ever written.

Hopefully the time will come soon when you won't have to join the site in order to leave comments.

Written By: Ashkicksass on 02/16/06 at 5:04 pm

Thanks... making things clickable is too much work anyway. But me not doing that could be part of the reason why I'm not getting rich from it.

There's a navigation bar now that should make it easier to read my poem/story/almost certainly the most impressive thing I've ever written.

Hopefully the time will come soon when you won't have to join the site in order to leave comments.

Ethan, have you ever considered the fact that you might just have to hunker down and get a job like the rest of us sad saps?  I mean, selling your books to the AmIRight community certainly didn't work out for you, and I think it's safe to assume that this latest get-rich-quick scheme isn't going to either.  Seriously, stop hitting your friends up for money.  It's pathetic and embarassing, and it's never going to work.

Written By: EthanM on 02/16/06 at 6:42 pm

Excuse me ash, but when did I ever say this would be get-rich quick? And where does it say that you, or anyone else has to pay any money to read it. This is free... 100% free... and I won't get any money to speak of from the amiright community reading it. Unlike my earlier efforts, this can't be found anywhere else and costs nothing to look at.

If you read it, you'd know that there was nothing quick about it's creation. You don't have to read it, no one has to, but won't you feel stupid if it does become an internet phenomenon?

About the navigation bar - I didn't make it. Someone I don't know personally did it unsoliticed, just so it would be easier to read the poem.

I do plan on getting a day job in the near future. Hopefully one that won't force me to become a sad sap. But why shouldn't I share one  thing that I was working on during my semi-hiatus from parody writing?

Check for new replies or respond here...