inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Phil Alexander joining the trend

Written By: philbo on 02/02/06 at 5:39 pm

If anyone wants to hear me perform some of my more political parodies, I'm providing some of the entertainment for a LibDem fundraiser on 18th Feb in High Wycombe, Bucks.  As it's a fundraiser, there is a

Subject: Re: Phil Alexander joining the trend

Written By: EthanM on 02/03/06 at 10:25 am

I'd love to go if someone would pay for the transatlantic flight meals and lodging. But that's probably not happening, as if it was there are other things I'd rather use the money for.

Written By: Spaff.com on 02/03/06 at 5:57 pm

I, too, would love to be there, Philbo. I'll see if I can make it. It all depends on the length of the drive - is High Wycombe, Bucks, near Salt Lake City?

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Donnie Darko on 02/03/06 at 7:00 pm

If anyone wants to hear me perform some of my more political parodies, I'm providing some of the entertainment for a LibDem fundraiser on 18th Feb in High Wycombe, Bucks.  As it's a fundraiser, there is a

Written By: Red Ant on 02/03/06 at 9:35 pm

Well, I'd love to get the hell out of VA for a few days but UK is a bit far.

If you can get a chorus recorded or a few back up singers this would be great:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/gilbertandsullivan45.shtml

Written By: Rick Cormier on 02/04/06 at 6:36 am

Written By: Rick D on 02/04/06 at 4:01 pm

Glad to hear you're not joining the trend Rick C. and I are starting.

Written By: philbo on 02/06/06 at 6:19 pm

If you can get a chorus recorded or a few back up singers this would be great:

http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/gilbertandsullivan45.shtml

I've been in two minds whether to do this one or "The very model of American Democracy" one... I guess you've made up my mind, Red Ant :)

Still haven't trimmed the list enough yet: I've done a ridiculous number of Blair-bashers, Bush-bashers, etc... If anyone's interested, I'll post a songlist once I've narrowed it down a bit.

Anyway,

I, too, would love to be there, Philbo. I'll see if I can make it. It all depends on the length of the drive - is High Wycombe, Bucks, near Salt Lake City?

Autoroute has it at about 5000 miles: I'm sure there's a Proclaimers parody in there somewhere ;)

Glad to hear you're not joining the trend Rick C. and I are starting.

Well, one of them... I don't think I could afford the other.

Written By: karen on 02/07/06 at 5:50 am

Philbo

I wish you the best of luck with this.  Wish I could be there

karen

Written By: larry on 02/07/06 at 5:05 pm

Cool, good luck!

Written By: marthadtox3 on 02/18/06 at 10:37 am

sounds great Phil  sorry I can't be there.... I am sure u will blow them away

Written By: philbo on 02/18/06 at 5:59 pm

Just got back: it did go down rather well :)

Red Ant - I did do that one, just for you... well, having done songs about the Government, the opposition, the PM, George Galloway, Robert Kilroy-Silk, the leader of the Opposition, I figured ol' Dubya had to get in there, too.

Written By: Johnny_D on 02/19/06 at 1:30 am

Red Ant - I did do that one, just for you... well, having done songs about the Government, the opposition, the PM, George Galloway, Robert Kilroy-Silk, the leader of the Opposition, I figured ol' Dubya had to get in there, too.

Glad to hear it went well, Phil.  :)

Written By: Red Ant on 02/19/06 at 4:19 am

Why, thank you Phil.  :)

I do hope your recording is going to be on the front page of AmIRight in the next week or so, because as funny as that one was just on screen I'm sure a performance really brought it to life.

Written By: philbo on 02/20/06 at 6:33 pm

Sorry, Red Ant, but I didn't record it: basically, I ran out of time having hit a couple of plumbing problems when I was supposed to be preparing/rehearsing, and didn't organize a video or even tape recorder (I've got a minidisk I bought for precisely this sort of thing, but finding it didn't even cross my mind).  Still, at least the tap and sink in the kitchen don't leak any more.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 02/20/06 at 7:42 pm

Well, do you at least have photos of the sink?  ;)

Written By: larry on 02/22/06 at 9:23 pm

Nice to hear of it going well.

Check for new replies or respond here...