inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Here are a few parody ideas to songs I don't own.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/09/06 at 1:58 pm

I've had a some parody ideas to songs I don't own, mainly in the rap/hip hop category.

1. A parody idea for Kanye West's song "Gold Digger", the idea I came up for it is called "Nose Picker", admittedly a gross idea, but I find it kinda funny.

2. I have two parody ideas for Outkast's "The Way You Move", one is "I Want A Skitty Too", a Pokemon theme parody, I don't know if anyone on this site would want to use it. The second idea is "Bebedora", based off of "Arc The Lad: Twilight Of The Spirits", a RPG on the PS2.

3. I also have a parody idea for Outkast's "Hey Ya", called "Illpala", based off of the Excel Saga manga.

I don't plan to buy any of the albums to which these songs are on and would really like to see someone parody a couple of them.

Subject: Re: Here are a few parody ideas to songs I don't own.

Written By: EthanM on 02/10/06 at 10:58 am

The problem with nose picker is it's been done on the radio... and not just any station. Z100 is quite popular.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/10/06 at 1:04 pm

The problem with nose picker is it's been done on the radio... and not just any station. Z100 is quite popular.

I didn't know about that, is that a satelite radio station or from a certain city?(like how the Bob & Tom show is on Q95(94.7) in Indianapolis, where I live).

Written By: EthanM on 02/11/06 at 10:19 am

z100 is the "hit music" station in New York City. I think it's the most popular local station in the country.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/11/06 at 2:01 pm

z100 is the "hit music" station in New York City. I think it's the most popular local station in the country.

Never heard of it before, must not be in Indianapolis. Either that or I didn't try to find it, lord knows what number it is on the radio where I live.

Written By: EthanM on 02/11/06 at 2:08 pm

You wouldn't hear it in Indianapolis, but it's website is www.z100.com . All the parodies they've done are on the site - parts of them anyway.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/11/06 at 2:13 pm

Cool, next time I'll bring headphones.

It didn't hurt to share those ideas though, as I wasn't aware of it being done already. ;)

I don't think any of the others will be used anyway. I'm not going to try another song with lyrics alone, I don't want another warped parody like my "Complicated" parody.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/14/06 at 12:38 pm

The program wouldn't respond on the clips of those parodies.

Written By: Step-chan on 02/21/06 at 4:10 pm

Ironically, there is a parody to Janie's got a gun called "Cheney's got a gun" on a radio station in my area, but it didn't stop anyone on this site from writing them. My idea gets killed for that reason, but their's didn't. How humbling.

:( :( :( :( :(

Check for new replies or respond here...