inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm writing a parody but i cant find the instrumental of the song... please help

Written By: nick53182 on 02/27/06 at 11:02 pm

Hi,
I'm new to this whole parody writing deal, but I was struck with a great idea for a song parody/flash cartoon today that my friends I think is good enough to make it onto that TV show "Web Junk". I have all the lyrics written and i have the song (Crawdad Hole by Doc Watson), but I cant find an instrumental version of the song without the singing to record over. Does anyone know where I can get a (preferrably free) instrumental of that song, or some free software to remove the vocals from the mp3 that i already have?.
Or, if someone already has the instrumental of that song, could you please email me it?

Also theres a song by Little Big Town called "Boondocks" at the end, theres a part (without much music) which i would like to parody also (because the lyrics are the same as the song i'm using, the style is just different). If anyone could get me an instrumental of that, it would be appreciated. Or again, the editing software would work...

Thanks,
Nick

Subject: Re: I'm writing a parody but i cant find the instrumental of the song... please help

Written By: EthanM on 02/28/06 at 2:35 pm

Can you do flash? If so, I'd certainly be interested in partering up with you for a flash parody since I've got a few that would make flash cartoons. I've never heard of this crawdad hole song, so it's probably fairly unlikely that you'll be able to find an instrumental. Have you submitted the lyrics to that one or any others to amiright?

Subject: Re: I'm writing a parody but i cant find the instrumental of the song... please

Written By: Nick on 03/01/06 at 7:37 pm

No I havent submitted the lyrics yet... I'll do it now......<time elapses>

I've submitted the form now.
The song's called "You Do A Line (I Smoke A Bowl)" by me, Nick Everson.
I just submitted it so who knows if it'll be up any time soon... or at all.
I've also included links to where you can hear the original song(s).

This is actually the first parody i've written and i dont plan on doing any more. It was kind of just a "haha, thats kinda funny" type of moment.  But who knows, maybe I will.  And as for the flash question...

I did take a basic flash introductory course in high school where i made an intro to my METALLICA website.
www.geocities.com/xmetallica_rulesx
It's very basic but like a said, an Introductory course...

It's from about 3 years ago though so I'm kinda trying to figure out how to do the stuff again.

Also i have no money :( (college student) so I dont have an actual flash editing program. I use a free trial of Macromedia Flash MX that'll expire in a month...

Subject: Re: I'm writing a parody but i cant find the instrumental of the song... please

Written By: nick on 03/01/06 at 7:42 pm

Here are the songs i'm using in my parody (in case you want to hear them before the song gets posted)

This is the main part of the song (verses and chorus)
http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=1379379289.mp3

At the end of this file (time = 3:15), there is a part that's... different... that uses the same lyrics as the first song.
I plan on using this at the end of my song...
http://www.supload.com/sound_confirm.php?get=497617490.mp3

Written By: nick53182 on 03/02/06 at 8:22 pm

here's a link to the song:
http://www.amiright.com/parody/2000s/1stpartdocwatson2ndpartlittlebigtown0.shtml

Check for new replies or respond here...