inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Sheepish question

Written By: K1chyd on 03/14/06 at 1:58 pm

I have a language question again, or rather two, what is the English word for an adult male sheep and what is the word for an adult female sheep, I know that a young sheep is called a lamb so I'm just after the words for the adults (assuming there are such words to differentiate them in English).  //  Peter

Subject: Re: Sheepish question

Written By: Rex on 03/14/06 at 2:04 pm

Ram (male) and ewe (female).

Written By: Philip Eno on 03/14/06 at 2:10 pm

As long as the words mint sauce is not spoken within listening distance all will be fine.

Written By: K1chyd on 03/14/06 at 2:20 pm

Ram (male) and ewe (female).

Thanx Rex! "Ram" gave me deja vu, should have known that one, "ewe" didn't so double thanx for that one.

As long as the words mint sauce is not spoken within listening distance all will be fine.

It's for a parody, a sick parody (is there any other kind), and the sauce implied to be spilt on the sheep might not be minty, but possibly white! 8)

Written By: Rex on 03/15/06 at 7:08 am

I may have spoken too soon. According to further research, in some parts of the country the female sheep is called "sweetheart".  :D

Written By: Paul on 03/15/06 at 7:13 am

I may have spoken too soon. According to further research, in some parts of the country the female sheep is called "sweetheart".  :D

In Wales...normally!

Written By: K1chyd on 03/15/06 at 10:56 am

LOL! ;D

What would that be in plural? "Sweetherd"?

Written By: STG on 03/15/06 at 11:27 am

I know all about you and your sick sheepish ways. Are you the one I was talking about in my parody "One Sheep"?

Written By: Josh2 on 03/29/06 at 3:54 pm

Well well well, i return after a lengthy absence to find my country being dissed. i am shocked and appalled. i demand an apology immedietly.

I just can't believe you didn't know what a Male and Female adult sheep was

;D

Written By: philbo on 03/29/06 at 4:05 pm

I just can't believe you didn't know what a Male and Female adult sheep was

I'm sure Peter knows very well what they are (if not in the biblical sense), but simply didn't know the English words for them: you've gotta be impressed 'cause he's writing these parodies in his second language.  I'm not sure I'd do too well writing in Swedish (well, I've managed one in sort of French)

But I don't think people were dissing your country... maybe a little "joshing", though ;)

Written By: Josh2 on 03/29/06 at 4:13 pm

That's cheap my friend, that is very cheap. If we wish to play with our sheep we may. Even worse I have relatives in New Zealand so i have the micky taken out me even more

Check for new replies or respond here...