inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Fit You

Written By: Rick Cormier on 03/18/06 at 9:42 am

In the past week, 75 people have downloaded my parody of Coldplay's "Fix You", called "Fit You". I thank you for that.

I apologize that I put it out there with the recording a bit distorted in places. There is a much cleaner version available for download at Soundclick.com now.

Subject: Re: Fit You

Written By: Red Ant on 03/19/06 at 12:43 am

The new recording is much better than the first, I really loved it.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 03/23/06 at 4:59 am

Thanks, Jack. Spaff pointed out that this OS was the subject of a thread a while ago; something about it not being known to the older authors around here. I couldn't find the thread but, hadn't read about it before. This is the first OS from the 2000s that I've attempted.

I did all of the backing tracks and vocals myself. The guitars you hear in the second half of the song are not electric. I only have an acoustic/electric and, once I record the tracks with it, I use software to make it sound electric.

Written By: Red Ant on 03/23/06 at 9:00 am

Thanks, Jack. Spaff pointed out that this OS was the subject of a thread a while ago; something about it not being known to the older authors around here. I couldn't find the thread but, hadn't read about it before. This is the first OS from the 2000s that I've attempted.

I did all of the backing tracks and vocals myself. The guitars you hear in the second half of the song are not electric. I only have an acoustic/electric and, once I record the tracks with it, I use software to make it sound electric.

So you made the whole song from scratch? Wow. Are you going to sent it to Dr. Demento?

Oh, it wasn't "Fix You", it was "Talk" we talked about in this thread:

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,17171.0.html

See replies 12-14

At least, on this board anyways. There might have been other topics started elsewhere for "Fix You".

Check for new replies or respond here...