inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 80's parody

Written By: gweeners on 03/23/06 at 12:27 am

Hi

I have been looking for a song parody from the 80's that was usually played by "the morning zoo". The original song was "Pop Goes The World" by Men Without Hats. The parody was "Pop Goes to Work" (if i remember correctly) The song was sung by a little girl talking about her dad going to work.

thanks

Mike

Subject: Re: 80's parody

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/23/06 at 10:07 am

Hi

I have been looking for a song parody from the 80's that was usually played by "the morning zoo". The original song was "Pop Goes The World" by Men Without Hats. The parody was "Pop Goes to Work" (if i remember correctly) The song was sung by a little girl talking about her dad going to work.

thanks

Mike

Not sure if it will help at all (never heard the parody myself), but can you relate which Morning Zoo program, from the station call letters or the hosts' names? There are MANY "Morning Zoos" across the radio industry. ;)

Written By: gweeners on 03/23/06 at 11:54 am

The call letters were KSFM in Woodland/Sacramento, CA (at the time in the mid 80s). It's now a Hip-Hop and R&B station. (it was a top 40 station back then). My wife, who grew up in Houston, TX also remembers hearing this on the radio during the 80s.

Mike

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/23/06 at 2:23 pm

It sounds like the song was a pre-packaged radio bit made by a radio production company, and not from a single radio DJ (since you heard it in Cal, but someone else heard it in TX). Sorry I am not more helpful, good luck in your search.

Written By: gweener on 03/23/06 at 5:26 pm

I think you may be right about it being pre-packaged. I was able to find the song on an old cassette tape I used to tape the song off the radio. I am still curious where it came from and I would like to find a better version then the one I have.

You can listen to it here: http://media.putfile.com/Pop-Goes-The-World-Parody

Maybe someone will recongnize it and provide some information.

Thanks

Mike

Written By: J on 09/01/13 at 7:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq5OIIIrlr4&list=FL9uIGUnxeHJrzJZOeu7h3XA&index=89

Check for new replies or respond here...