inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Parody approvals... would this be better?

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/28/06 at 9:24 am

Would people prefer it if I took a similar approach of how the misheard lyrics are approved, and put them out in a fixed amount every day?  Say 30 or 40 at a time.  I'm finding it difficult to approve all the entries submitted on the weekend lately, and Monday ends up having 70 or 80 on the front page of the site. 

It does mean though that parodies wouldn't make it up for a day or two longer during the week too though. So if you rush to write a parody about some recent event that occured on Monday, it could be Wednesday or Thursday before it makes it to the front page.

On the plus side, you wouldn't have to worry about submitting a parody and having it appear with 60 other parodies on the same day.

Subject: Re: Parody approvals... would this be better?

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/28/06 at 10:04 am

I was also thinking, I could do something with the ones that are approved but not showing up yet, like maybe a list of upcoming parody titles

Written By: Red Ant on 03/28/06 at 12:45 pm

I think it would be okay provided that entries were approved in the order they are received - in other words, a submission that just missed a Friday update should take priority over an early Monday morning submission for a Monday update.

Another idea would be updates every 2 days, regardless of number of parodies submitted (could be 30, might be 70). Of course, that would mean having to approve parodies over the weekends (which I take it you want off - completely understandable) but you would only have to do 7 updates every 2 weeks instead of the 10 you do now.

Of course, both ideas sort of depend on submissions staying at a fairly low rate - this time last year it seemed there were an average of 40+ a day....

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/29/06 at 7:28 am

Yeah, that's the thing...the incoming rate comes and goes, no matter which way you go. in the long run, would it make a difference? 

Written By: K1chyd on 03/31/06 at 10:30 am

Would people prefer it if I took a similar approach of how the misheard lyrics are approved, and put them out in a fixed amount every day?  Say 30 or 40 at a time.  I'm finding it difficult to approve all the entries submitted on the weekend lately, and Monday ends up having 70 or 80 on the front page of the site. 

It does mean though that parodies wouldn't make it up for a day or two longer during the week too though. So if you rush to write a parody about some recent event that occured on Monday, it could be Wednesday or Thursday before it makes it to the front page.

On the plus side, you wouldn't have to worry about submitting a parody and having it appear with 60 other parodies on the same day.

I was also thinking, I could do something with the ones that are approved but not showing up yet, like maybe a list of upcoming parody titles

I

Written By: ChuckyG on 03/31/06 at 11:43 am

I

Written By: Cat on 04/01/06 at 11:29 am

Chucky, I noticed that there were actually new parodies for today...new ones on a Saturday almost NEVER occurs!

Will there be new ones tomorrow as well? Just wondering...

Written By: ChuckyG on 04/01/06 at 8:23 pm

Chucky, I noticed that there were actually new parodies for today...new ones on a Saturday almost NEVER occurs!

Will there be new ones tomorrow as well? Just wondering...

well lately that never occurs, but it used to be normal.

I only do one day on the weekend when I do an update on the weekend, so no there won't be

Check for new replies or respond here...