inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Extraordinary Shows [Extraordinary Girl] rough draft.... feedback, please

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/28/06 at 4:32 pm

I'm finally on my ninth Nickelodeon Idiot parody. This baby almost became "They are the corporate execs," referring to the suits at Viacom/Nickelodeon, but I didn't think it would work too well, so I digged deeper into my brain and came up with this version of my parody.

Snicky and Mike have just vandalized Nickelodeon's office at 1515 Broadway; Mike has been fired from Nickelodeon for the stunt, and Richard Vernon has threatened to call the police if he ever sees Snicky and/or Mike again. This song is basically just Snicky reminiscing with Mike about all the great shows Nickelodeon used to have. The one's I got to reference are: 100 Deeds for Eddie McDowd, The Secret World of Alex Mack, All That, and The Fairly OddParents.

Check it out!

"Nickelodeon Idiot 09: Extraordinary Shows"
Parody of "Extraordinary Girl" by Green Day

(Very strange intro)

These were extraordinary shows
Nick has turned into our foes
Way back when, they had an array

She could transform into a blob
Thanks to CG One Six One
She can move things in her mind

Damned Nickelodeon
Put another show to death
Respected the finale
Exposed her secret proudly

(Brief break)

He was transformed into a dog
By the drifter, Richard Moll
To learn the error of his ways

They were a cast of seven kids
Who did many classic skits
On the show they called "All That"

Damned Nickelodeon
Recast the show unjustly
Kenan could act robustly

(Guitar solo)

Damned Nickelodeon
So glad it's Danny Phantom
And not Fair-LEE OddParents
Don't cancel All That just yet
Write new scripts with the Old Cast

These were extraordinary shows
Were extraordinary shows
Were extraordinary shows
Were extraordinary shows

So, what do you think? Worthy of Nickelodeon Idiot or does it need some more work?  :)

Subject: Re: Extraordinary Shows [Extraordinary Girl] rough draft.... feedback, please

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/29/06 at 7:35 am

In two of the verses, you describe the shows, but I don't know what the names of those shows are. It would be nice to know, though I also know it might be kind of hard to push them into the song structure.

Subject: Re: Extraordinary Shows [Extraordinary Girl] rough draft.... feedback, please

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 03/29/06 at 4:45 pm

In two of the verses, you describe the shows, but I don't know what the names of those shows are. It would be nice to know, though I also know it might be kind of hard to push them into the song structure.

What I could do is add footnotes; I could write "" , "" after the verse and then write the footnotes in the bottom comments for those who don't know the shows I'm referring to in those two verses. Whether you need them or not, they will be there.

Thanks again, grim, for your suggestions. Looks like "Nickelodeon Idiot 09: Extraordinary Shows" is ready for submission. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...