inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: What's up amiright

Written By: wdh on 03/31/06 at 11:21 am

Hey guys, haven't been here in awhile. I'm wdh, former most improved parodist and winner of 2 amiright awards  8)
What's the scene like around here? Still hopping? I was thinking of going back into the parody biz if I can. All the old duders still around? Anyone remember me? Fill me in on life please!

Subject: Re: What's up amiright

Written By: K1chyd on 03/31/06 at 12:27 pm

Hey guys, haven't been here in awhile. I'm wdh, former most improved parodist and winner of 2 amiright awards  8)
What's the scene like around here? Still hopping? I was thinking of going back into the parody biz if I can. All the old duders still around? Anyone remember me? Fill me in on life please!

Hey Man! I remember you! :) You were in that contest where you and me and Philbo went to duke it out in the final rounds. There are many new names now, and some old names have gafiated, but the site and its spirit remains pretty much the same, though with more authors every new parody gets less atention.

I don't know where to start so I'll just give you the link that summons up the montly contest we indulge in nowadays, if for nothing else you'll find the creme de la creme of parodies from the last two years there! ;D

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,1709.msg52139.html#msg52139

Written By: nally on 03/31/06 at 1:55 pm

Hi wdh! I remember reading some of your parodies about two years ago... welcome back!! :D O0

Written By: agrimorfee on 03/31/06 at 6:01 pm

I have taken on the challenge to parody Prince's Hits 1 and Hits 2. See my Author Page or check the New Entries list for an amazing cavalcade of hilarity! ;) :D

Written By: philbo on 04/01/06 at 1:36 am

I was half expecting this to carry on like Tom Jones' "What's New Pussycat"
What's up Amiright
Wo-wo-woooo
... now, there's a thought ;)

Written By: wdh on 04/01/06 at 3:14 pm

I wasn't all talk, I did write and submit a parody today. I can't promise it'll be any good, but it's a start. I'm intrigued by this Song of the Month competition. Fortunately April just began, so I have plenty of time to work off the rust and pop out a gem somewhere  ;D

EDIT:
By the way, someone pointed this out to me, I pretty obviously got ripped off here.
His song: http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/abba117.shtml
My song: http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/abba7.shtml

He copies many of my lines word for word.....how do I go about getting rid of that?

Heh, ironically, a comment was left on his referring to another song I wrote about Pokemon. Guess I had a little vendetta against it awhile ago

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/03/06 at 8:52 am

EDIT:
By the way, someone pointed this out to me, I pretty obviously got ripped off here.
His song: http://www.amiright.com/parody/70s/abba117.shtml
My song: http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/abba7.shtml

He copies many of my lines word for word.....how do I go about getting rid of that?

Heh, ironically, a comment was left on his referring to another song I wrote about Pokemon. Guess I had a little vendetta against it awhile ago

Send an e-mail to Chucky, stating your case.

Written By: PRobinson on 04/03/06 at 11:35 pm

Hey, wdh, didn't one of your parodies kick my ass out of that "parody contest bracket" thing a couple years back?  I think it was one of the very first parody contests here...or at least one of the "very first" contests that were initiated after I started posting here around mid-November, 2003...hmmm...I know you were in it, but it might have been Agrimorfee that knocked me out...I know it was a "Frog" parody that...my piece was about the Super-Bowl Half-Time show debacle of that year with Janet Jackson's unraveliing...("A Boob At The Half").

Well, anyway...welcome back!

pr

Written By: wdh on 04/07/06 at 5:59 pm

haha, maybe, I do know I did rather well in that contest, but I can't remember if I kicked any ass or not  :)

Life and work are more time-consuming than I thought, who knows when anothjer parody will come. I'll try!

Written By: STG on 04/09/06 at 8:07 pm

hey, good to see a familiar face back here.

Check for new replies or respond here...