inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Hobbits Revealed at LA Parody Get Together !

Written By: Meriadoc on 04/03/06 at 12:24 am

On March 29th there was a little parody-people get together in Northridge, CA. One of the members present travelled 7000 miles to attend this event ! :o ;)

We all had a nice meal at Denny's, and afterward corroborated on a parody about our experience; which said parody will be released soon, after a bit of final tweaking (watch this thread for more details).

Present were (from left to right):

Paul Robinson, Alvin Rhodes, Bonnie Rhodes (Alvin's wife), Pippin ! and Merry !    :)

(Oh, BTW, Pippin is Luke aka FussBudgetVanPelt and Merry is Zella) ;)

Subject: Re: Hobbits Revealed at LA Parody Get Together !

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 04/03/06 at 2:10 am

WHAT!!! 

Are you two CRAZY? 

Do I have to do EVERYTHING around here??

quick, replace that photo with this....

*grumble*

Written By: philbo on 04/03/06 at 6:28 am

quick, replace that photo with this....

Don't you mean this:

Written By: adagio on 04/03/06 at 7:12 am

You hobbits look like I thought.....otherworldly.  ;D Good picture of all!!

Written By: Rick Cormier on 04/03/06 at 10:45 am

HA! Another mystery solved! Wait a second, I still don't know which is Pippin and which is Merry ???
Who travelled 7000 miles? It must have been Alvin. My guess is, he flew to Arlington National Cemetery to visit JFK's grave, then flew back to CA.

Written By: karen on 04/03/06 at 11:00 am

all the information is in Meriadoc's original post if you look carefully (and know some of the other members here)

Written By: nally on 04/03/06 at 11:18 am

Wow!! You guys were in an area that I'm quite familiar with! :D I have lived in the Los Angeles area all my life.

Present were (from left to right):

Paul Robinson, Alvin Rhodes, Bonnie Rhodes (Alvin's wife), Pippin ! and Merry !    :)

(Oh, BTW, Pippin is Luke aka FussBudgetVanPelt and Merry is Zella) ;)

Nice seeing you guys! 8)

And this happened last Wednesday? I was at CSUN the next day.

Written By: Peregrin on 04/03/06 at 5:26 pm

HA! Another mystery solved! Wait a second, I still don't know which is Pippin and which is Merry ???
Who travelled 7000 miles? It must have been Alvin. My guess is, he flew to Arlington National Cemetery to visit JFK's grave, then flew back to CA.

Hi Rick  :)

Pippin is me, Luke, the guy in the green shirt.

I am the person who came 7000 miles to get to Denny's  ;D 

I live in Brisbane, Australia  :)

Merry is standing next to me on the right hand side of the photo  ;)

Written By: Rick Cormier on 04/03/06 at 5:31 pm

Hi Rick  :)

Pippin is me, Luke, the guy in the green shirt.

I am the person who came 7000 miles to get to Denny's  ;D 

Merry is standing next to me on the right hand side of the photo  ;)
Yeah, I went back and read your post, just after my post and saw my error, DUH!!!! For some reason, I thought you two were married though. So, Zella lives in California?

Written By: nally on 04/03/06 at 5:39 pm

Yeah, I went back and read your post, just after my post and saw my error, DUH!!!! For some reason, I thought you two were married though. So, Zella lives in California?

Yes she does. ;) I've chatted with her on the forum a few times.

Written By: John Jenkins on 04/03/06 at 5:45 pm

Wow!  Thanks for sharing.  I am sorry that I missed this momentous occasion.:\'(  If Pippin could travel 7,000 miles to be there, I could probably have driven 50... 

If this was the Parody Event of the Century, I hope you don't wait until the 22nd century to schedule another one.  I might not be around.

Written By: Cat on 04/03/06 at 8:54 pm

Isn't Paul a Brit? If so, he would've had to travel a long way as well...

Written By: PRobinson on 04/03/06 at 10:42 pm

Isn't Paul a Brit? If so, he would've had to travel a long way as well...

Cat, No - not a Brit, maybe you are mixing me up with "Phil" (Phil Alexander, aka "Philbo" on the messageboard and perhaps other places).  I am a Californian, albeit a transplanted one...I was born in Norwalk, Connecticut, on April 1st, 1950, but by virtue of having lived in the Los Angeles area since March, 1959, I consider myself "Californian", for better or worse...currently residing in the Culver City area of Greater Los Angeles and working in East Los Angeles, although our company will be moving to lovely Santa Fe Springs (still very much in the 'Greater Los Angeles' area) around Mid-May this year...

Anyway, that's the skinny on my nationality and current whereabouts ~ ~ ~

pr

OH...But it WAS about 25 miles from my place to the Denny's in Northridge where we met...lol...

Written By: nally on 04/03/06 at 10:44 pm

Cat, No - not a Brit, maybe you are mixing me up with "Phil" (Phil Alexander, aka "Philbo" on the messageboard and perhaps other places).  I am a Californian, albeit a transplanted one...I was born in Norwalk, Connecticut, on April 1st, 1950, but by virtue of having lived in the Los Angeles area since March, 1959, I consider myself "Californian", for better or worse...currently residing in the Culver City area of Greater Los Angeles and working in East Los Angeles, although our company will be moving to lovely Santa Fe Springs (still very much in the 'Greater Los Angeles' area) around Mid-May this year...

Anyway, that's the skinny on my nationality and current whereabouts ~ ~ ~

pr

OH...But it WAS about 25 miles from my place to the Denny's in Northridge where we met...lol...

Denny's in Northridge...I think I know where that is (even though I seldom eat at Denny's). I'm very familiar with Northridge, so I may have passed by it. What street is it on?

Written By: PRobinson on 04/03/06 at 10:54 pm

Wow!  Thanks for sharing.  I am sorry that I missed this momentous occasion.:\'(  If Pippin could travel 7,000 miles to be there, I could probably have driven 50... 

If this was the Parody Event of the Century, I hope you don't wait until the 22nd century to schedule another one.  I might not be around.

JJ - Apologies...I remembered you lived in the area...about 10 minutes before the food got to our table...and mentioned it (Fullerton, right?).  Far too late, however.  Perhaps, some sort of "mini get-together" can be arranged in the not-to-distant future...After all, Merry lives in the area, as do alvin and I, and apparently "Nally"...and perhaps some others? (Hello!!! Anyone else out there residing in the "Greater Los Angeles Area"?)  On the ride back home that evening I was musing about the various meetings I've had with other writer's from this site...I have now met a grand total of 10, I believe.  You and I played golf at the Whittier Narrows Course, which is in Rosemead, I think.  I've met and perfomed some of my parodies with Rick Duncan and Mari Duncan up in San Jose, and met John A Barry there, too.  Also met Bob Gomez, Leah Lockhart and Bob Kongsberg at the Espresso Gardens Cafe in San Jose, CA.  And then meeting Merry(Zella) and Pippin(Luke) and, of course, alvin rhodes the other day...I think that's 10...let me get those toes out to double-check my addition ~ ~ ~   Would enjoy meeting more, of course.  If you want to contact me you can send me an e-mail through the PM set-up here...I think I was using a different e-mail address when we communicated just prior to our Golf Meeting by in May, 2004.  

pr

Written By: PRobinson on 04/03/06 at 10:58 pm

Denny's in Northridge...I think I know where that is (even though I seldom eat at Denny's). I'm very familiar with Northridge, so I may have passed by it. What street is it on?

Nally - It's the one on  Devonshire right around Balboa.  It's not right at Balboa, I think there is a gas station right next to Denny's on it's East side. The gas station is at the corner of Devonshire & Balboa.  Are you located in the San Fernando Valley or "over the hill" on the Los Angeles side?

pr

Written By: nally on 04/03/06 at 10:58 pm

JJ - Apologies...I remembered you lived in the area...about 10 minutes before the food got to our table...and mentioned it (Fullerton, right?).  Far too late, however.  Perhaps, some sort of "mini get-together" can be arranged in the not-to-distant future...After all, Merry lives in the area, as do alvin and I, and apparently "Nally"...and perhaps some others? (Hello!!! Anyone else out there residing in the "Greater Los Angeles Area"?)  On the ride back home that evening I was musing about the various meetings I've had with other writer's from this site...I have now met a grand total of 10, I believe.  You and I played golf at the Whittier Narrows Course, which is in Rosemead, I think.  I've met and perfomed some of my parodies with Rick Duncan and Mari Duncan up in San Jose, and met John A Barry there, too.  Also met Bob Gomez, Leah Lockhart and Bob Kongsberg at the Espresso Gardens Cafe in San Jose, CA.  And then meeting Merry(Zella) and Pippin(Luke) and, of course, alvin rhodes the other day...I think that's 10...let me get those toes out to double-check my addition ~ ~ ~   Would enjoy meeting more, of course.  If you want to contact me you can send me an e-mail through the PM set-up here...I think I was using a different e-mail address when we communicated just prior to our Golf Meeting by in May, 2004.  

pr

Hi Paul. I know I've sorta "lurked" around here in the Parody forum...that's cause I've gotten to "know" some of you guys by reading/commenting on your parodies over the years; in fact, I've been a regular visitor to the Amiright site for nearly six years now. Allow me to introduce myself. My real name is Jeffrey; you can call me Jeff for short. :) I normally hang out in the "Penguin Board Games", "Playful Penguin Place" and the Decade forums.

Nally - It's the one on  Devonshire right around Balboa.  It's not right at Balboa, I think there is a gas station right next to Denny's on it's East side. The gas station is at the corner of Devonshire & Balboa.  Are you located in the San Fernando Valley or "over the hill" on the Los Angeles side?

pr

Ah yes. I've been by that intersection thousands of times.

To answer your question, I'm a native of the Valley, where I grew up all my life. I currently reside in Ventura County, but I still go to school in the Valley.

Written By: PRobinson on 04/03/06 at 11:28 pm

Hi Paul. I know I've sorta "lurked" around here in the Parody forum...that's cause I've gotten to "know" some of you guys by reading/commenting on your parodies over the years; in fact, I've been a regular visitor to the Amiright site for nearly six years now. Allow me to introduce myself. My real name is Jeffrey; you can call me Jeff for short. :) I normally hang out in the "Penguin Board Games", "Playful Penguin Place" and the Decade forums.
Ah yes. I've been by that intersection thousands of times.

To answer your question, I'm a native of the Valley, where I grew up all my life. I currently reside in Ventura County, but I still go to school in the Valley.

Aha!  Yes, Jeff - I think I've seen some of your various comments(as "Nally") around the site over the 2 1/2 years or so that I've been coming here.  I don't really get around the site beyond the "Parody Entries" and "Latest Comments", except an occasionally jaunt over here to peruse some of the "Song parody" threads and comments.  I have lived in the Valley on several occasions myself...although it's been 12 or 13 years since the last time I resided there.  My late Father lived in Valley Village (previously known as "North Hollywood") from around 1972 until he passed away this last November, so I was out that way fairly often even when I moved over the hill onto the "L.A." side.  As you can see in some of my earlier posts from this evening, I am always interested in getting together and meeting more of the folks from this site.  If another area meeting comes up I will mention or post to you about it (and also to JJ).  I really do feel bad about that omission.  If anyone else happens to live in the L.A./San Fernando Valley or the general vicintiy if you respond here I'll start compiling a list and then perhaps a time and place can get suggested...or whatever..."Organization" has never been a particular forte of mine, but I can generally handle a role within the overall sphere.

so, the summarize the above...keep in touch - lol ~ ~ ~

pr

Written By: nally on 04/03/06 at 11:32 pm

Aha!  Yes, Jeff - I think I've seen some of your various comments(as "Nally") around the site over the 2 1/2 years or so that I've been coming here.  I don't really get around the site beyond the "Parody Entries" and "Latest Comments", except an occasionally jaunt over here to peruse some of the "Song parody" threads and comments.  I have lived in the Valley on several occasions myself...although it's been 12 or 13 years since the last time I resided there.  My late Father lived in Valley Village (previously known as "North Hollywood") from around 1972 until he passed away this last November, so I was out that way fairly often even when I moved over the hill onto the "L.A." side.  As you can see in some of my earlier posts from this evening, I am always interested in getting together and meeting more of the folks from this site.  If another area meeting comes up I will mention or post to you about it (and also to JJ).  I really do feel bad about that omission.  If anyone else happens to live in the L.A./San Fernando Valley or the general vicintiy if you respond here I'll start compiling a list and then perhaps a time and place can get suggested...or whatever..."Organization" has never been a particular forte of mine, but I can generally handle a role within the overall sphere.

so, the summarize the above...keep in touch - lol ~ ~ ~

pr

Yes, I've used the alias "nally" since January 2003 on Amiright and inthe00s...I took that from an episode of the GSN show "Lingo."

Goodnight, Paul. ;)

Written By: John Jenkins on 04/04/06 at 12:08 am

JJ - Apologies...I remembered you lived in the area...about 10 minutes before the food got to our table...

Paul, no apologies necessary.  I'm not sure I was available that night, but I think it might be fun to get together sometime in the future with Alvin, Merry, Nally, you, and anyone else who might live in or visit southern California.

Written By: John Jenkins on 04/04/06 at 12:15 am

...I was born in Norwalk, Connecticut, on April 1st, 1950

Happy belated birthday, Paul.  And is there any significance to your birth occurring on April Fool's Day?

Written By: Andy Roper on 04/04/06 at 3:59 am

Good to see you Merry and Pippin :D

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 04/04/06 at 10:02 am

!!!!!!!!!?

:o ???.....

:-\\ ::) :P ??? :o.....

:o ::) ??? :-\\ :-[ ??? ::) :-X :-\\ :o.....

(there just doesn't seem to be a "gobsmacked" smiley)

Written By: Peregrin on 04/04/06 at 11:14 am

!!!!!!!!!?

Heh heh, fooled ya huh ?  ;)

I had the feeling at one stage that you may have suspected, though.  Would that be correct, Stu ?  :)

Here's a starter reason for you :

"Root, then swirl..."  ;D

Written By: adagio on 04/04/06 at 1:57 pm

Happy belated birthday, Paul.  And is there any significance to your birth occurring on April Fool's Day?

I think that just makes him a ....  ;D j/k, Paul!

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 04/04/06 at 5:12 pm

Heh heh, fooled ya huh ?  ;)

I had the feeling at one stage that you may have suspected, though.  Would that be correct, Stu ?  :)

like the trusting antipodean I pride myself on being Pippin, I swallowed it hook, line and sinker - so I guess those two people are also not you??? (see, now I doubt everything >:()

although there's a certain silhouette I once saw, and your images above match that, millimetre-perfectly ;)

Written By: nally on 04/04/06 at 5:30 pm

Cat, No - not a Brit, maybe you are mixing me up with "Phil" (Phil Alexander, aka "Philbo" on the messageboard and perhaps other places).  I am a Californian, albeit a transplanted one...I was born in Norwalk, Connecticut, on April 1st, 1950

Ooh...happy belated birthday to you, Paul! ;)

Written By: FussBudgetVanPelt on 04/05/06 at 1:25 am

like the trusting antipodean I pride myself on being Pippin, I swallowed it hook, line and sinker - so I guess those two people are also not you??? (see, now I doubt everything >:()

although there's a certain silhouette I once saw, and your images above match that, millimetre-perfectly ;)

Would this help then ?

He is me, and I am he  :D

Furthermore, she is she  :P

We, who are he and she, shall now post in support of this  ;)

Written By: Zella on 04/05/06 at 1:29 am

Would this help then ?

He is me, and I am he  :D

Furthermore, she is she  :P

We, who are he and she, shall now post in support of this  ;)

We are what we are, and who we are, Stu  ;)

I second the above  :)

Written By: Meriadoc on 04/05/06 at 1:30 am

We are what we are, and who we are, Paul  ;)

I second the above  :)

I third the above, what I just said  :)

Written By: Peregrin on 04/05/06 at 1:32 am

I third the above, what I just said  :)

I fourth it.  Or is that, I quarter it ? 

Either way, all four of us, which is really two of us, are unanimous in this  ;) ;) :P

Written By: Arwen on 04/05/06 at 9:26 am

!!!!!!!!!?

I can't believe you didn't know that, Stuart...even I knew that...and I've chosen to remain blissfully confused in all things hobbit related for some time now... ;)

Great to see you two halflings, by the way... :)

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 04/05/06 at 11:38 pm

Pippin, at no time did I think the two of you weren't cohabiting Americans.  I think because you wrote parodies together and recorded them together, for God's sake (I still have one of your recordings in itunes) - and managed a website together with pictures of you together (silhouettes I should say) and told me on one occasion about things you do together :-other way, and assumed you'd googled an Aussie Football site to get some details try to pretend you lived in Australia

- but ha! I saw thru that little ruse!! (d'oh!)

Written By: Andy Roper on 04/06/06 at 5:05 am

Pippin, at no time did I think the two of you weren't cohabiting Americans.  I think because you wrote parodies together and recorded them together, for God's sake (I still have one of your recordings in itunes) - and managed a website together with pictures of you together (silhouettes I should say) and told me on one occasion about things you do together  :-[

In fact the only time I suspected was not on your "Root, then Swirl" parody, but the time I made that comment about how suspicious it was that you knew all the Skyhooks albums, and those colloquial lines "No way get F*** F*** Off" to The Angels song.

But from threre I just assumed you'd spent a lot of your early (ie. Skyhooks/Angels era) days in Australia, and thought no more of it.

In fact even when you referred (obliquely) once to a Brisbane Lions AFL player, so certain was I of your U.S. residential status, that I went the other way, and assumed you'd googled an Aussie Football site to get some details try to pretend you lived in Australia

Has anyone ever told you you bear a striking resemblance to Glenn Robbins  ???

(and yes, I've heard the Barry Manilow thing before  ::) )

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 04/06/06 at 8:17 am

(and yes, I've heard the Barry Manilow thing before  ::) )

many many many many (etc.) times

I take it as a compliment as I'm a huge fan - of course

are you an Aussie too, Andy? - oh my god! - I thought I was the only gay in the village ;)

Written By: Peregrin on 04/06/06 at 5:52 pm

Being possibly one of the few other people here who know who Glenn Robbins is, yes, I would concur, and yes, I agree that he is good value  :)

Written By: Peregrin on 04/06/06 at 6:02 pm

Pippin, at no time did I think the two of you weren't cohabiting Americans. 

Cohabit : "To live together in a sexual relationship, especially when not legally married".  Incorrect  :o ;D

American : "To be an American".  Half correct  :P

I think because you wrote parodies together and recorded them together, for God's sake (I still have one of your recordings in itunes) -

I guess that would have confused a number of people, Stu.  The joint parodying is sometimes difficult.  The joint singing (ones that we both sing) was REALLY hard !  :o

and managed a website together with pictures of you together (silhouettes I should say) and told me on one occasion about things you do together :-In fact the only time I suspected was not on your "Root, then Swirl" parody, but the time I made that comment about how suspicious it was that you knew all the Skyhooks albums, and those colloquial lines "No way get F*** F*** Off" to The Angels song. 

Ah !  Skyhooks, Angels....  They were the good old days.  Sigh.  I thought you may have been a bit suspicious when 2 Americans started a competition based on "Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again"  :)

But from threre I just assumed you'd spent a lot of your early (ie. Skyhooks/Angels era) days in Australia, and thought no more of it.

Well, you were sorta right !  *I* did !  :)  Latter days also  :D

In fact even when you referred (obliquely) once to a Brisbane Lions AFL player, so certain was I of your U.S. residential status, that I went the other way, and assumed you'd googled an Aussie Football site to get some details try to pretend you lived in Australia

Struth !  You give me more credit than I deserve  ;)

PT  :)

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 04/09/06 at 5:41 am

Eh ?  Things ?

yes - see http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/terryjacks1.shtml

(maybe I should have PM'd that!) ;)

Written By: Peregrin on 04/09/06 at 10:14 am

Good God man  :o

What a memory  :o

Written By: Meriadoc on 04/09/06 at 10:48 am

yes - see http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/terryjacks1.shtml

(maybe I should have PM'd that!) ;)

No... Had to wait 4 years to finally get to the root of things...  ;)

Written By: Andy Roper on 04/09/06 at 8:59 pm

No... Had to wait 4 years to finally get to the root of things...  ;)

I was rooting for ya....ahem...as it were...  ;) :)

Written By: Andy Roper on 04/09/06 at 9:10 pm

many many many many (etc.) times

I take it as a compliment as I'm a huge fan - of course

As it was intended. He cracks me up too!

are you an Aussie too, Andy? - oh my god! - I thought I was the only gay in the village ;)

Don't worry, I'm celibate  ;)

Written By: PRobinson on 04/14/06 at 4:38 pm

Happy belated birthday, Paul.  And is there any significance to your birth occurring on April Fool's Day?

JJ - Probably...lol...You know, it's hard to separate things sometimes...Is(was?) it the birthday or my initials ("PAR" - Paul Alan Robinson) that made me destined to write PARodies?  Or some other mind-warping phenomena...like moving to California at age 9...

thanks for the belated b-day wishes...

pr

Written By: PRobinson on 04/14/06 at 4:42 pm

Ooh...happy belated birthday to you, Paul! ;)

Thanks, nally...been a bit busy with Income Tax stuff lately...I work at a company that licenses and supports Professional Income Tax Software, we've been...uh...a little busy lately...lol

or

Written By: adagio on 04/18/06 at 7:50 am

Paul...I always wondered on those recordings you sent me what 'above PAR' meant.  Of course you could have written 'under PAR' too...LOL ;D

Happy B'day for the second time on the thread!

Written By: PRobinson on 04/18/06 at 10:05 am

Paul...I always wondered on those recordings you sent me what 'above PAR' meant.  Of course you could have written 'under PAR' too...LOL ;D

Happy B'day for the second time on the thread!

Yeah, my little play on my initials...but, why not?  Yeah,  "PAR", of course...in Golf being "above Par" is a BAD thing...but in other areas it's generally a good thing...so it can be taken both (or several) ways...lol...

Thanks again for the B-day greets!

pr

Written By: nally on 04/18/06 at 12:12 pm

Yeah, my little play on my initials...but, why not?  Yeah,  "PAR", of course...in Golf being "above Par" is a BAD thing...but in other areas it's generally a good thing...so it can be taken both (or several) ways...lol...

Thanks again for the B-day greets!

pr

So your middle name starts with an "A"?

You're right...above par is not a good thing in golf, at least when you're a pro. I took a golf class at CSUN three semesters ago and did quite well. It was just the basics of playing golf and things like that. As part of an assignment for the class, we had to play a game on a 9-hole course; I was above par on all but one hole (where I made a par---3, which was the par for all nine of the holes), but I didn't care. I enjoyed playing, and that was that. :)

Written By: PRobinson on 04/19/06 at 10:47 am

So your middle name starts with an "A"?

You're right...above par is not a good thing in golf, at least when you're a pro. I took a golf class at CSUN three semesters ago and did quite well. It was just the basics of playing golf and things like that. As part of an assignment for the class, we had to play a game on a 9-hole course; I was above par on all but one hole (where I made a par---3, which was the par for all nine of the holes), but I didn't care. I enjoyed playing, and that was that. :)

Yup!  Full Name:  Paul Alan Robinson, hence "PAR". 
Golf?  One sport that I never got above "Mediocre" at...maybe even "Lousy"...not bad around the greens - chipping/putting.  Not real strong off the tee...fairway irons - nothing to write home about.  Fairway woods?  Ooohhh...absolutely ABYSMAL...lol...haven't played since I met and played with John Jenkins around the 1st of May, 2004...boy, did I stink on THAT day...lol...John's quite good, though...

If you hadn't played much before making one par on that 9-hole course is not that bad...

pr

Written By: nally on 04/19/06 at 12:51 pm

Yup!  Full Name:  Paul Alan Robinson, hence "PAR". 
Golf?  One sport that I never got above "Mediocre" at...maybe even "Lousy"...not bad around the greens - chipping/putting.  Not real strong off the tee...fairway irons - nothing to write home about.  Fairway woods?  Ooohhh...absolutely ABYSMAL...lol...haven't played since I met and played with John Jenkins around the 1st of May, 2004...boy, did I stink on THAT day...lol...John's quite good, though...

If you hadn't played much before making one par on that 9-hole course is not that bad...

pr

Cool. :)

2004 was when I last played golf, too. The day after Thanksgiving was when I played golf as an assignment for my class, and a week and a half later, for our "final exam", my class played (in groups of 3 or 4) at a 9-hole course a few miles east of Cal State Northridge.

Written By: PRobinson on 04/19/06 at 3:30 pm

Cool. :)

2004 was when I last played golf, too. The day after Thanksgiving was when I played golf as an assignment for my class, and a week and a half later, for our "final exam", my class played (in groups of 3 or 4) at a 9-hole course a few miles east of Cal State Northridge.

Wouldn't happen to have been the course on Victory & Woodley, would it?  I used to play there all the time when I lived in the Valley (which has been a fair number of years ago)...

pr

Written By: nally on 04/19/06 at 3:50 pm

Wouldn't happen to have been the course on Victory & Woodley, would it?  I used to play there all the time when I lived in the Valley (which has been a fair number of years ago)...

pr

Victory and Woodley? No. The place where my golf class took our final was in North Hills, on Haskell and Lassen (southwest corner).

And the place where I played golf with my dad on the day after Thanksgiving (in '04) was Sinaloa Golf Course, in the southwest area of Simi Valley (near the Reagan Library).

Written By: PRobinson on 04/19/06 at 4:09 pm

Victory and Woodley? No. The place where my golf class took our final was in North Hills, on Haskell and Lassen (southeast corner).

And the place where I played golf with my dad on the day after Thanksgiving (in '04) was Sinaloa Golf Course, in the southwest area of Simi Valley (near the Reagan Library).

I know the North Hills location, but have never been to the Simi Valley one...

pr

Written By: nally on 05/30/06 at 6:15 pm

I know the North Hills location, but have never been to the Simi Valley one...

pr

It's a nicely landscaped course, situated near a hill; in fact, I had to climb a hill to get to the tee for hole #6.

Written By: EthanM on 06/08/06 at 11:08 pm

What? Fussbudget is Pippin and Merry is Zella? I take a few months off and I come back to more secrets revealed!

What's next? Spaff & TSB are one and the same? Something else equally mind-boggling? Should I even bother to ask what I missed?

Written By: Peregrin on 06/18/06 at 8:49 am

What? Fussbudget is Pippin and Merry is Zella? I take a few months off and I come back to more secrets revealed!

What's next? Spaff & TSB are one and the same? Something else equally mind-boggling? Should I even bother to ask what I missed?

;D

Written By: Spaff.com on 06/25/06 at 10:53 pm

Spaff & TSB are one and the same?

I thought everyone knew that already.

Sorry, y'all, for the delayed reaction. I have to admit that, for the longest time, I was positive that "Merry and Pippin" were a single guy from Albuquerque with a hint of schizophrenia. Imagine my surprise to see alleged photographic evidence that they are ACTUALLY TWO HOBBITS.

Thanks for the pic! It's also nice to see alvin rhodes, who, now that I think about it, looks exactly like the kind of guy who should be writing alvin rhodes parodies.

As for Paul, he also looks exactly like I expected him to look. Because I've seen pictures of him before.

xoxox
Spaff

Check for new replies or respond here...