inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: 2nz 4th Performance in NYC

Written By: 2nz on 04/07/06 at 1:14 pm

I'll be performing at the same club in New York entitled NewYorkComedyClub on Thursday, April 20th. The address is 241 East 24th street between 2nd and 3rd avenues. The show will start at 9pm and I'll have ten minutes to put my best foot forward some time between 9pm and 11pm which is around when the show will wrap up. I managed to strech my set to 11 minutes because I had a decent showing of friends and because I was getting laughs so they graciously let me finish my third song.

They want me to bring a certain number of people to the show, but I don't anticipate any problems because my parents are finally coming out to see and their bringing some of their friends along. My parents have made requests for a performance of 'Chasin' that Chub' and 'Why Women Need Men', so those will most likely be two of the songs.

~ There is a two drink minimum. (You can get two cokes for around $3 each if you're not of age or of mind to drink alcohol but they do have it if you're legal and you want it.)

~ In addition to drinks, there is a $12 cover charge for everyone who makes a reservation, and a $15 charge if you did not make a reservation.

Let me know if you want to come see me and I'll call in the reservation, or feel free to call it in or e-mail it using the below info. You can PM me on this forum, or you can e-mail me at gstollberger@gmail.com. THey want reservations at least 48 hours in advance, so let me know by the 17th if you are coming.

Phone reservations at 212 629 1781
E-mail at comedyreservations@hotmail.com

I appreciate any and all support and (as with last time) if I don't make you laugh, your drinks are on me (Offer no longer
void in Utah but is still subject to availability  ). After the show, all are welcome to join me at an official NYC diner for late-night snacks and conversations. A memorable time will be had by all, I promise.

Subject: Re: 2nz 4th Performance in NYC

Written By: Rick Cormier on 04/07/06 at 5:01 pm

You go Glen! I won't be able to make it. I'm starting a new job on the 17th and, wouldn't be able to drive down on a Thursday. When you get a weekend gig, I will be there though. Rick

Written By: 2nz on 04/18/06 at 10:43 pm

You go Glen! I won't be able to make it. I'm starting a new job on the 17th and, wouldn't be able to drive down on a Thursday. When you get a weekend gig, I will be there though. Rick

Thanks for the well wishes, Rick. It should be fun. My parents will finally be in attendance. And I very much appreciate your offer to drive down should I ever get a weekend show. However, I was recently accepted into an Americorps program in Montana, so I will be out there from May 22 thru November 3. This will most likely be my last show for a while. I'm uncertain if I'll have access to a computer out there currently, but we'll see. I'm trying to make 3 or 4 more recordings before I head out to Montana. But, anyway, thanks again for the well wishes. And good luck with your future shows, Rick.

Written By: jreuben on 04/19/06 at 10:42 am

Curious, are these performances anywhere near Long Island?  I may be up that way for a wedding later this year.

--Ah...nevermind if Arwen is moving the wedding.  And you'll be in Montana when I'm in NYC anyway.

Written By: Arwen on 04/19/06 at 11:13 am

Curious, are these performances anywhere near Long Island?  I may be up that way for a wedding later this year.

Jeff, nix that...Vin and I have decided to have the wedding at MY house instead of his.  Fewer paparazzi.

Written By: 2nz on 04/29/06 at 11:55 pm

--Ah...nevermind if Arwen is moving the wedding.  And you'll be in Montana when I'm in NYC anyway.

Have fun in NYC Jeff. Sorry about the extremely late reply. I wish I could be around when you hit the big apple, but such doesn't seem very likely currently. I would very much like to join you some time to watch a bar maid fight.

Subject: 2nz is going away for a while

Written By: 2nz on 04/30/06 at 12:09 am

And this seems as good a place as any to provide a summary of my next six months for those interested. I'll be in Montana from May 22 thru November 3 doing 'trail reconstruction and maintenance' for the Montana Conservation Corps. (MCC). I still don't know if I'll even have access to an internet connection up there. In the event that I don't, I'd like to formally thank all of you for my experience here at amiright and it's forum. Chucky should know by this point that I think he runs a very professional website day in and day out, but thanks again CHucky for all the coding and effort. But amiright and the forum are also some of the most welcoming and friendly places on the web because they're full of so many diverse and open-minded personalities. Thank you all for making myself and others feel welcome here and for helping me to improve and grow as a parody writer. And for my part, it's not so much a 'good-bye' as it is a 'see you later'. I guarantee I'll be back to annoy you all before you know it.

Check for new replies or respond here...