inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Nickelodeon Idiot 12: Nap of St. Snicky rough draft (Part III up) need feedback!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/15/06 at 6:31 pm

This is the currently untitled twelfth installment of Nickelodeon Idiot. I can't think of a title for this medley yet, but just like "Jesus of Suburbia," "Homecoming" is a five-part epic song. To make this easier on everybody, I am going to post each part of the song and revise if necessary.

Most of you might not  KTOS unless you have the album, but this song talks a lot about the death of St. Jimmy, or St. Snicky in my case.  ;) Mike visits Snicky's apartment to apologize for the McDonald's incident which costed the two their friendship -- only to find Snicky "dead." But Snicky is not really dead, he's just sleeping until 2010. It's still 2006, and Mike sings this little ditty:

Nickelodeon Idiot 12: The Nap of St. Snicky -- WORKING TITLE
Parody of "Homecoming" by Green Day

Part I: The Death of St. Snicky
Parody of Part I: The Death of St. Jimmy

**Mike singing**
The slime is flowing from me
I am standing all alone
I have come to apologize -- I was wrong
Watched Spongebob and laughed and cried
Watched some Nick Gas, too
You taught me how to live

(Guitar riff)

On the T -- V set
I don't see no more Football Head
There's no signs -- of hope
Because Nick's merchandising is so slow
Watching Nick -- at Nite
Is like watching the same shows nintey times
Current Nick's -- unjust
It makes me miss The Brothers Flub

What the hell's -- your name?
Are you Nick or did you just feign?
Do you drink too much?
Do you think you're Nick-UH-lod-e-on?

(Guitar riff)

'Suming that's -- his name, St. Snicky acts without any shame
He said "Nick's f**ked up, Herb Scannell's to blame"
But Viacom really should take the cake

Snicky died -- today
In Scannell's hands did he pass away
In his state -- of mind
Corporate equals homicide

So is it great so far or does it need more work before I work on Part II? Thanks for your comments.  :)

Subject: Re: Nickelodeon Idiot 12 rough draft (Part I lyrics up now) need feedback!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/17/06 at 5:27 pm

I'm gonna let Nickelodeon Idiot take a little nap until I get soem feedback. A song like this definitely requires some help.

Thanks for your suggestions/feedback! :)

Subject: Re: Nickelodeon Idiot 12 rough draft (Part I lyrics up now) need feedback!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/18/06 at 3:36 pm

Whenever somebody's ready to read Part I and tell me whether it's good or sucks (which I don't want it to do since it's Nickelodeon Idiot).  :) :-\\

I have some ideas going around for parts II-V, but they are so dependent of Part I. Thanks for your feedback! :)

Green Out!

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/18/06 at 5:07 pm

I'm still an American idiot who hasn't bought the album yet! We may need more clues as to what you're going to go with the rest of this.

To my eyes at least, it reads well, but without your explanatory notes, one might have a hard time understanding what's happened...maybe the rest of the suite will clarify that?

But Snicky is not really dead, he's just sleeping until 2010
How about "The Nap of St. Snicky"?

Subject: Re: Nickelodeon Idiot 12 rough draft (Part II lyrics up now) need feedback!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/19/06 at 4:46 pm

I don't want to call Part I "The Nap of St. Snicky" because we are supposed to think he's dead until he awakens in 2010. Anyway, here's Part II. It is 2010, and Snicky's house on East 12th Street is open to the public as a tourist attraction. And you'll never guess who the President is. The Simpsons are in their 20 season and we don't know if they'll be renewed for a 21st. And other details will be revealed in the parody. Anyway, Mike is giving a tour when he bursts into song for no real reason, and then Snicky awakens from his nap.

Part II: East 12th Street
Parody of Part II: East 12th Street

New decade is here
New decade is here
Does anyone care: New decade is here?
Two Thousand and Ten
New decade is here
Is Snicky alive or did he just nap?

Kenan's acting on SNL now,
And Snicky passed away on East 12th Street
Kel is acting on Mad TV now,
It's season fifteen and it's not funny

They'd rather be doing something else now,
Like reuniting All That for a DVD set
Nick launched Nick Rewind for your TV viewing
We can't get enough, it gets huge ratings

Someone wake St. Snicky up
Anyone wake St. Snicky up
I guess I'll just do it myself
Tourists and such find Snicky live...?

**Mike**
"You... You're alive!"

**Snicky**
"I'm awake is what I am. What time is it?"

**Mike**
"It's 2:33 P.M. April 19, 2010."

**Snicky**
"Two Thusand and Ten!!??!... It worked! I slept until 2010."

**Mike**
You're now alive
St. Snicky's awake
The Pres'dent predicted it
Back in February
"Is there a possibility?"
"Yes," she said "Some time this year."
The President's Hillary!

Subject: Re: Nickelodeon Idiot 12 rough draft (Part II lyrics up now) need feedback!

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/20/06 at 8:02 am

Now waitaminute. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever...Mike "for no apparent reason" decides to sing "to wake St. Snicky up"...and is surprised to find him actually alive?  ???

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/21/06 at 3:33 pm

Now waitaminute. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever...Mike "for no apparent reason" decides to sing "to wake St. Snicky up"...and is surprised to find him actually alive?  ???

I think I caught the lyric you were referring to. I decided to change it from

Someone wake St. Snicky up
Anyone wake St. Snicky up
I guess I'll just do it myself

to

Someone get another beer
Anyone get myself a beer
Hey, people, look at Snicky's eyes!

Does that one help the song make more sense?  :) Sorry for the confusion.

Subject: Re: Nickelodeon Idiot 12 rough draft (Part II revised) need feedback!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/24/06 at 5:33 pm

Part III took me a while to write, but I got through it.  :) If you remember the "Nobody likes you/Everyone left you/When you axed your classics/In '01" from "Letterbotch," it's reprised in this song. It's in 6/8 meter with marching drums, just to give you the feel for the song. The key is D on the verses and B minor on the "We've been overthrown..." verse.

Part III: Nobody Likes Nick
Parody of Part III: Nobody Likes You

**Snicky**
I went to sleep after watching Pete & Pete
And the mailman was Artie
Who gave me my mail
Dreamin' of a show
They cancelled -- so wrong
The network failed everyone
And Nick don't care

We've been overthrown
And I should've stayed home
After 10 years of bullsh**
I'm thinking...
Nick's no more

Nobody likes Nick
Everyone left them (Nick's no more)
When they axed their classics
in Oh-One (Nick's no more)
Everyone left them
Nobody likes them (Nick's no more)
They won't show the classics
Am I wrong? (Nick's no more)
(No, no, no)

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/25/06 at 2:12 pm

Someone get another beer
Anyone get myself a beer

Does that one help the song make more sense?  :) Sorry for the confusion.

Good idea...
But can you end the second line with some other word besides "beer", just to avoid repitition? If you artistically feel you should repeat the request for a beer, rewrite that line anyway--nobody ever says "Anyone get myself a beer."  ???  ;)

I like the Nobody Likes Nick.

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/25/06 at 2:32 pm

Good idea...
But can you end the second line with some other word besides "beer", just to avoid repitition? If you artistically feel you should repeat the request for a beer, rewrite that line anyway--nobody ever says "Anyone get myself a beer."  ???  ;)

I like the Nobody Likes Nick.

Thanks for the suggestions. :) Billie Joe, Mike, and Tre made some of these songs hard to parody, didn't they? Is this verse better:

Someone get the boy a beer
Anyone miss Invader Zim?

"The boy" in question is Mike himself, just to clear up any confusion.

Subject: Re: Nickelodeon Idiot 12: Nap of St. Snicky rough draft (Part III up) need feedback!

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/27/06 at 10:42 am

I'm not sure if your readers would understand that "the boy" is Mikey, either, without that notation.

Someone get the boy a beer
Anyone miss Invader Zim?

BTW, Who is singing this verse? The tourists, or an omniscient (all-seeing, all-knowing) narrator?

Subject: Re: Nickelodeon Idiot 12: Nap of St. Snicky rough draft (Part III up) need feedback!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/27/06 at 3:45 pm

BTW, Who is singing this verse? The tourists, or an omniscient (all-seeing, all-knowing) narrator?

Mike sings everything up to Part III, which is sung by Snicky. Like I said, the pacing of Part II's "Someone get me out of here" verse is so hard to perfectly parody, anything with seven syllables will work.

How about "Someone get Mike J a beer" or "Someone get Ug Lee a beer" or something like that? I'm kinda running out of alternatives to that verse. In fact, I know I'll be rock opera'd out by the time I finish this album parody.

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/27/06 at 5:10 pm

How about "Someone get Mike J a beer" or "Someone get Ug Lee a beer" or something like that? I'm kinda running out of alternatives to that verse. In fact, I know I'll be rock opera'd out by the time I finish this album parody.

Either one would be good, it keeps that conceptual continuity going.

Rock "operas" are friggin' hard to do, that's why there are so few good ones out there.  :)

Subject: Re: Nickelodeon Idiot 12: Nap of St. Snicky rough draft (Part IV) need feedback!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/27/06 at 5:29 pm

Don't go too far, I just finished Part IV. This one's more of a rockin' nonsensical really-has-nothing-to-do-with-the-album song on American Idiot. Here, I made it relevent to the rest of the rock opera. It took me this far to focus on Nickelodeon's movies, and (in Part V) Nickelodeon Magazine.

Part IV: Nickelodeon Movies
Parody of Part IV: Rock And Roll Girlfriend

**Male Tourist**
"Hey look at that stack of DVDs!"

**Snicky**
I got me Harriet the Spy
That was Nick's first movie take
I got O'Donnell on Laserdisk
And another on tape

DVD could not be found
I had to buy VHS
I got Good Burger on disc
But bonus features are p*ss

**Mike**
They've got Good Burger: Criterion
It was released the Thirteenth
The bonus features are awesome
You gotta check out the case
"Good Burger" in gold type
Black-tastic case
Black-colored case!

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/27/06 at 5:36 pm

Good Burger: The Criterion Edition!  ;D

That kills me!

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 04/28/06 at 4:15 pm

About the Good Burger Criterion: Somebody on the Internet made up a fake news release for a Criterion Good Burger or something like that. Unfortunately, I never got to see that prank, but I saw on IMDb's Good Burger forum about some dude who demands that Good Burger be released on Criterion.  ;D

Anyway, time for the other reason I'm posting this. I just finished Part V, didn't take me too long. This one is half- about Nickelodeon Magazine and half- about Nickelodeon & Viacom discontinuing their ficticious Nick Rewind TV channel in 2010.

Part V. We'll Bring Back Classic Nick
Parody of Part V. We're Coming Home Again

**Tourist**
You still got old Nick Magazines?
Like the Halloween one, make your green slime treats
Waking up from your lengthy nap,
Classics can't be beat

Val Kilmer's Batman was the first one you bought
And Nick's redeeming from its turn to naught now,
We read Nick-UH-lo-DEE-on Magazine
In the summer heat

The slime is gushing round the clock
Out of control again,
A decade ago, there was nothing on but a sponge

**Mike**
I'm sorry 'bout my letter botch
Roundhouse is on right now
Reeeeeewind's got a channel

**Everybody**
No
We'll bring back Alex Mack
No
We'll bring back old All That

**Snicky**
Let's start our f**kin' running
Now that we've read the dreaded words
They brought on the war again
And to Gen-Y Nick, we'll always answer

**Everybody**
No
We'll bring back Weinerville
No
We'll bring back Football Head
No
We'll bring back 'Vader Zim
No
We'll bring back old All That
No
We'll bring back Animorphs
You
Can't Do That On TV
Aaaaahhh!!!
Real Monsters shown again,
No
We'll just salute our shorts

Nobody likes Nick
Everyone left you,
When you axed your classics
In Oh-One

About time I get this baby done!  :) ::) Does it rock or does it need work?

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/28/06 at 6:05 pm

I like it.

You might have made an inadvertant nod to another cool Nickelodeon show here:
The slime is gushing round the clock
Out of control again,

Out of Control was a wacky show on Nickelodeon in the late 80s that starred Dave "Cut!It!Out!" Coulier, before he wasted his career on Full House. He "hosted" a fictitious talk show with wacky characters in all sorts of situations, and he would go on remote reports to restaurants or tourist attractions, awarding the establishment for having the Best whatever( Best Hot Dog, Best Hot Fudge Sundae, etc.).

Check for new replies or respond here...