inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Do you dream in amiright?"

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/20/06 at 8:06 am

Last night (or rather, this morning) I dreamt that I was reunited with a longtime-not-seen-or-heard high school acquaintance and entered a contest together singing one of my parodies a capella (I don't even know which one). We won second place, and agreed that if we had rehearsed more we would have taken top prize....

So...do you dream in amiright? Has your parody writing, or performing--or the subjects of your parodies :o-- entered your REM state?

Subject: Re: "Do you dream in amiright?"

Written By: Cat on 04/20/06 at 9:51 pm

Not yet. I've had dreams about other Internet message boards before that I'd been on longer than I've been here, so I guess it takes a while for it to infiltrate your subconscious, maybe I'll start dreaming about you guys in a few months.

However, the idea for my parody "The Wreck Of That Dude Bode Miller" popped into my head one morning as I was just waking up.

Written By: Red Ant on 04/21/06 at 5:50 am

I dreamt up half a Major-General's parody the other night. I forgot the specific lines, but I did remember some pretty good triple rhymes that haven't appeared in the 70 or so other MG parodies here.

So...do you dream in amiright? Has your parody writing, or performing--or the subjects of your parodies :o-- entered your REM state?

My REM state just grew one bigger today - I made another REM parody, which should be up shortly.

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 04/21/06 at 6:13 am

Every now and then I freestyle rap in my dreams. Half-decently. And am thoroughly irked that I am unable to string together improvised rhymes in real life.

Written By: Cat on 04/21/06 at 4:08 pm

Hey Red Ant, if you need an idea for a new Major-General, here's a title I came up with a couple weeks back:

"I Do Not Believe That Any OS Is Insurmountable"

I came up with that since I'm pretty much willing to give ANY OS, no matter how hard, at least a decent shot at being parodied. Although you might have to get creative with the rhymes with "insurmountable"...the only one I can think of is "unaccountable."

Written By: philbo on 04/21/06 at 5:07 pm

Although, I know, the numero for this song is uncountable

..or..

Unless, I guess, you have to mess with Arthur and his roun' table ;)

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/21/06 at 5:38 pm

The only OS that is insurmountable is Revolution 9. Rick Duncan wrote a very, very loose parody a while ago...but for a true parody...I don't think that it is possible to do so and give it justice, unless it were a complete "misheard" parody...and even then...Nope.  :)

EDIT: Of course one of you nutrods will prove me wrong. ;)

Written By: Cat on 04/21/06 at 7:21 pm

I consider Revolution 9 an instrumental. Although people have done instrumental parodies, and although I'm contradicting myself here...I avoid instrumental parodies like the plague.

Written By: Rick D on 04/22/06 at 2:59 pm

Loose is right, Agri. I just went for the one-shot gag, like Bob Gomez' "White-out"

Written By: Red Ant on 04/24/06 at 12:05 am

The only OS that is insurmountable is Revolution 9. Rick Duncan wrote a very, very loose parody a while ago...but for a true parody...I don't think that it is possible to do so and give it justice, unless it were a complete "misheard" parody...and even then...Nope.  :)

EDIT: Of course one of you nutrods will prove me wrong. ;)

Come Tuesday, I wil prove you wrong. I just finished up a complete parody to Revolution 9. I had to use lyrics sheets for 90% of it, as the only words I could make out were "Number 9" and a few phrases toward the end. I know you don't like drug parodies that much, but I invite you to read it anyway - the ending is good and has a surprise twist or two.

At first I tried the misheard theme again, but the majority of the lyrics are indecypherable, even at high volume.

I would post it tomorrow, but I have a parody already submitted.

Written By: Cat on 04/24/06 at 3:41 pm

Actually, I finally did have an AmIRight-related dream yesterday. I dreamed I was writing a parody of Frank Sinatra's "My Way" called "Lifeline," which wouldn't be that bad an idea, except that no words rhyme with "lifeline."

But my first parody-related dream merits a special occasion...since I finally got a good idea for one, I'm going to try and conquer the last of the AmIRight Big Three that I haven't done yet, that is to say, "American Pie."

Written By: agrimorfee on 04/24/06 at 5:22 pm

Come Tuesday, I wil prove you wrong.

I am a-quivering with anticipation.  :o ??? 8)

Written By: ThaConqueror on 04/26/06 at 6:52 am

Sort of, Agri. Sometimes I come up with a parody idea which is really crap. Usually I dream of how I FINALLY get around to recording my parodies...as if. Those dreams either have some of you parody guys coming to my school for no good reason, or me moving to America for no good reason. Once I actually dreamt that Weird Al gave me the proper equipment for recording parodies at a concert...I dream some pretty strange stuff.

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/03/06 at 10:53 am

Hey Red Ant, if you need an idea for a new Major-General, here's a title I came up with a couple weeks back:

I came up with that since I'm pretty much willing to give ANY OS, no matter how hard, at least a decent shot at being parodied. Although you might have to get creative with the rhymes with "insurmountable"...the only one I can think of is "unaccountable."

Okay, Cat, here's a challenge for you: try writing a parody of Bob Dylan's "Desolation Row".

Here's a link to the correct lyrics of "Desolation Row":

http://www.bobdylan.com/songs/desolation.html

Good luck!

;D

Written By: karen on 05/04/06 at 9:45 am

Okay, Cat, here's a challenge for you: try writing a parody of Bob Dylan's "Desolation Row".

Here's a link to the correct lyrics of "Desolation Row":

http://www.bobdylan.com/songs/desolation.html

Good luck!

;D

That has to win an award for the most random set of lyrics ever.

Written By: Johnny_D on 05/04/06 at 10:12 am

Bruce Springsteen's "Blinded By The Light" is pretty random too.

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/04/06 at 5:32 pm

http://www.amiright.com/parody/90s/prince4.shtml ;D

Written By: Cat on 06/15/06 at 9:45 am

I actually had a dream a couple nights ago, probably inspired by Johnny D's "Al Franken-stein"  parody, that Johnny D and Kristof were trying to build a female Frankenstein. She was intended to be Kristof's girlfriend, but she fell in love with Johnny D instead. And then for some odd reason, they all sang "Summer Nights" from Grease at the end of the dream.

Check for new replies or respond here...