inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Da Vinci Code song parody... Need ideas

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/20/06 at 6:17 pm

I am trying to think of some parody ideas now that I've written the final Nickelodeon Idiot installment. (That stuff can give you writer's block, you know  :P) I'm thinking about tackling the subject of The Da Vinci Code, but I don't know what song would work best for a Da Vinci parody. I was thinking "Redemption Song" but I don't know that song very well. My brain is fried and I'm all rock opera'd out. Can you think of any songs that would work for a Da Vinci Code parody?

Thanks.  :)

Subject: Re: Da Vinci Code song parody... Need ideas

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 05/21/06 at 2:29 am

I'm sure you could do something with "Livin Da Vida Loca".

But then again, parodies of that song oft result in dire consequences.

Written By: K1chyd on 05/21/06 at 3:23 am

I'm thinking about tackling the subject of The Da Vinci Code, but I don't know what song would work best for a Da Vinci parody. I was thinking "Redemption Song" but I don't know that song very well. My brain is fried and I'm all rock opera'd out. Can you think of any songs that would work for a Da Vinci Code parody?

How about something from (or the whole) concept album "Operation Mindcrime" by Queensryche? It was the album that preceded their fantastic breakthrough album "Empire". Storywise it's about a big conspiracy, secrets and mindwashed killers, haven't listened to it in a long time but the song to check out first if you're unfamiliar with it is "Revolution Calling".

// Peter

Additional: There's a bonus track on the remastered version of Empire called "Last night in Paris (was strange)". I'm sure it too will fit the theme.

I'm calling dibs on "Last night in Paris (on tape)" though. 8)

Written By: agrimorfee on 05/22/06 at 7:29 am

Use "Mona Lisa" by Nat King Cole.

Or try a rearrangement of 'That's Amore':

"When the world is awry
See the Code in your eye
That's DaVinci!"  ;)

I have not the read the book, nor am I anxious to see the movie, so do with it what you will.

Written By: K1chyd on 05/22/06 at 9:18 am

How about "Old da Vinci made a code, ee I ee I oh" etc. It's good for as many verses you can come up with! ;)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/23/06 at 4:59 pm

These are all great suggestions, and I've decided to go with "Livin' La Vida Loca." Though I wouldn't mind doing the others, but there is just something about the Ricky Martin hit that makes it so catchy, even seven years later. Thanks for all your suggestions! :)

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 05/24/06 at 6:53 pm

I just submitted it for everyone to read tomorrow. I hope everybody likes it. :)

Check for new replies or respond here...