inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: My return has been less than triumphant

Written By: EthanM on 06/09/06 at 5:46 pm

I wrote something last night and couldn't even get the link right... I think I'm a bit out of practice.

Did anything noteworthy happen in the last few months besides the hobbits revealing themselves and 2nz going to Montana?

Hopefully, at least according to me, I won't be absent for several months at a time anytime soon. I don't know if anyone else has any opinion regarding the matter, or if anyone noticed that I wasn't around.

Subject: Re: My return has been less than triumphant

Written By: Cat on 06/09/06 at 9:23 pm

Eh Ethan, I think one of the most important things a parodist needs to remember is that they can't all be gems. It's weird with me since the only way to describe it is that most of the time, my Jekyll side is writing. It's when the Hyde in me comes out that I produce the works that both I and other people consider my best work, and it comes about once a month. I have no idea when it'll strike.

Granted, it's a bit more sinister way of describing what is usually personified as "the muse," but I prefer my way.

Written By: EthanM on 06/09/06 at 10:00 pm

I didn't expect it to be a gem, but the lack of a "welcome back" or any feedback whatsoever was a bit disheartening. Maybe that's what I get for leaving without saying goodbye...

Written By: Tia on 06/09/06 at 10:42 pm

that's why i like to say goodbye and then not leave.

Written By: EthanM on 06/09/06 at 10:53 pm

I did that once in the summer of 2002. I thought I would be able to write much since I went to Spain with no internet access outside of cafes and a computer lab, but I ended up using the computer lab to write more than I had ever written before.

Written By: Robert J. Pagliaro on 06/12/06 at 10:14 am

Ethan:
Were you gone?  That's why you didn't show up at the New York get together.
bob

Written By: EthanM on 06/12/06 at 11:08 am

There was a new york get together? I knew of no such thing. I really hadn't checked this board in months.

Written By: Robert J. Pagliaro on 06/12/06 at 11:39 am

No, we couldn't have one without you.  (Never noticed this stupid "Enter Code" thing at the bottom of the page - that's how seldom I visit the message board - and I didn't do it fast enough - haha - it kicked it back.)

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/12/06 at 5:04 pm

Sorry, Ethan...when I saw your name in a recent post, it was like you hadn't left.  :)

Check for new replies or respond here...