inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Agrimorfee Performs Live!

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/19/06 at 11:52 am

At the Ennui Cafe, at the corner of Sheridan & Lunt. "The Elves Attic" (featuring misanthropic humorist Scott "Johnny Pain" Ridgeway and other readers/performers). Fridays at 8:30 .

If you happen to be in the North side of Chicago, check it out. Free show, nice folks and ambience.

I "wowed" 'em Friday with an a capella performance of my Jameskurtjoycecobain trilogy (as it was June 16th, 'Bloomsday' to fans of 'Ulysses'). I was paid the highest compliment that can be payed to a parodist from a stranger who remarked , "I actually got some of the jokes!" 8)

Subject: Re: Agrimorfee Performs Live!

Written By: Johnny_D on 06/19/06 at 1:14 pm

At the Ennui Cafe, at the corner of Sheridan & Lunt. "The Elves Attic" (featuring misanthropic humorist Scott "Johnny Pain" Ridgeway and other readers/performers). Fridays at 8:30 .

If you happen to be in the area, check it out. Free show, nice folks and ambience.

I "wowed" 'em Friday with an a capella performance of my Jameskurtjoycecobain trilogy (as it was June 16th, 'Bloomsday' to fans of 'Ulysses'). I was paid the highest compliment that can be payed to a parodist from a stranger who remarked , "I actually got some of the jokes!" 8)

Break a leg, Agri !!  ;D

Written By: Cat on 06/19/06 at 3:02 pm

Who knows, Agri, I might stop in the next time I'm in Chi-town.  ;) Only a 4 hour drive from here, heh heh...do you know if it's 18+ only?

And actually, the next time I'll be there is on my birthday, July 21, which does indeed fall on a Friday this year. I think I might be going to Second City, though...but if you keep this going for a few years, I'll be sure to see you SOME time.

Written By: jreuben on 06/19/06 at 3:28 pm

Ah...capella!  Very cool...so you're a regular?

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/19/06 at 5:01 pm

Who knows, Agri, I might stop in the next time I'm in Chi-town.  ;) Only a 4 hour drive from here, heh heh...do you know if it's 18+ only?

And actually, the next time I'll be there is on my birthday, July 21, which does indeed fall on a Friday this year. I think I might be going to Second City, though...but if you keep this going for a few years, I'll be sure to see you SOME time.

There may be "adult content" (usually from the host, not me), but there is no age restriction, it's a cafe. But please don't forsake Second City for me. :D

Written By: agrimorfee on 06/19/06 at 5:05 pm

Ah...capella!  Very cool...so you're a regular?

This was first started a year and a half ago at another cafe up my street before the place had to shut down (not because of me!). It's mainly readings of poetry, fiction and whatnot. I'm the only consistent music performer. The host, an aging hippy-type, likes my stuff and kept in touch via e-mail about him starting up the open mike show again.

Written By: Spaff.com on 06/25/06 at 11:01 pm

This was first started a year and a half ago at another cafe up my street before the place had to shut down (not because of me!).

Heh heh. Sounds like fun. Good job, Aggro.

I'll come check out the show the next time I'm in Chicago. I make it there every five or six years.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Luke Brattoni on 06/26/06 at 11:50 pm

I hear Chicago hosts tend to be long-winded.
;)

Keep up the strive for the limelight, Agri! It's good for the complexion.

Check for new replies or respond here...