inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: W - How?

Written By: K1chyd on 06/24/06 at 3:16 pm

Grammar question time is here again!

If I'm to write out "W" the way it is pronounced do I write "double u", "double-u" or some other way? ???

//  Peter

Subject: Re: W - How?

Written By: Rex on 06/24/06 at 7:49 pm

Speaking strictly for myself, I'd use a hyphen and capital U: "double-U".

Written By: nally on 06/24/06 at 10:40 pm

Speaking strictly for myself, I'd use a hyphen and capital U: "double-U".

In most cases, that'd probably be the best thing to do. :) If you're referring to the current President of the U.S., that's another story. ::)

Written By: Cat on 06/25/06 at 8:21 am

If you're referring to the current President of the U.S., that's another story. ::)

Yeah, in that case it'd be "Dubya."  :P

Written By: nally on 06/25/06 at 4:54 pm

Yeah, in that case it'd be "Dubya."  :P

Right.

Or as the Capitol Steps would say, "Yubble-doo!" :D

Written By: A. Guest on 06/28/06 at 12:21 am

Right.

Or as the Capitol Steps would say, "Yubble-doo!" :D

LOL!

Who are the "Capitol Steps"?

Written By: nally on 06/28/06 at 12:47 am

LOL!

Who are the "Capitol Steps"?

The Capitol Steps are a novelty group that specializes in political satires. They also do monologues called "Lirty Dies", in which words are flipped around (spoonerisms), and GW Bush is a common subject of each monologue, so "W" becomes "Yubble-Doo"! :D I went to see them at the Lobero theatre in Santa Barbara early last month.

Written By: A. Guest on 07/10/06 at 10:11 am

The Capitol Steps are a novelty group that specializes in political satires. They also do monologues called "Lirty Dies", in which words are flipped around (spoonerisms), and GW Bush is a common subject of each monologue, so "W" becomes "Yubble-Doo"! :D I went to see them at the Lobero theatre in Santa Barbara early last month.

Okay, thank you! I'll have to go check 'em out sometime? Do they have an official site?

Written By: nally on 07/10/06 at 10:55 am

Okay, thank you! I'll have to go check 'em out sometime? Do they have an official site?

Yes... www.capsteps.com :)

Check for new replies or respond here...