inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: I'm having problems with twit control

Written By: ChrisBodilyTM on 07/03/06 at 3:51 pm

Nickelodeon Idiot is up now as an album, and I have been trying in vain to comment on my parodies and provide MP3s of the original songs to make pacing easier for those who haven't already read the parodies as individual entires. It says I have to wait five minutes. Five minutes later, I try again, and the still says me that twit control is in effect and I need to wait five minutes.

Is anyone else having these twit control problems?

Subject: Re: I'm having problems with twit control

Written By: Red Ant on 07/03/06 at 4:30 pm

Nickelodeon Idiot is up now as an album, and I have been trying in vain to comment on my parodies and provide MP3s of the original songs to make pacing easier for those who haven't already read the parodies as individual entires. It says I have to wait five minutes. Five minutes later, I try again, and the still says me that twit control is in effect and I need to wait five minutes.

Is anyone else having these twit control problems?

I believe ChuckyG did a software modification a while ago that prevents many full URLS, other than AmIRight or Inthe00s.com, from being posted in comments. It's part of limiting spam, and is probably the reason you are getting twit control.

IMO, the best way to give all of the MP3 URLs is to list them here, and then give the thread URL in the parody comments.

Subject: Re: I'm having problems with twit control

Written By: ChuckyG on 07/04/06 at 8:14 am

I believe ChuckyG did a software modification a while ago that prevents many full URLS, other than AmIRight or Inthe00s.com, from being posted in comments. It's part of limiting spam, and is probably the reason you are getting twit control.

IMO, the best way to give all of the MP3 URLs is to list them here, and then give the thread URL in the parody comments.

Red Ant is right,  I had to put a limit on urls of any sort.  It's mostly working, though occasionally someone just spams random junk which is harder to program against.

Anyways, when something hits the spam filter, I usually don't say that's why, to keep the spammers from trying to figure out why.

Check for new replies or respond here...