inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: non biased voting

Written By: tomario on 07/25/06 at 1:01 pm

hello i have an idea for a contest but i need to find a way of picking a winner that doesn't include voting.
in a head to head contest  how can i stop the "eurovision"type voting i.e someone voting for a parody because the like/ know the writer better than the other ?

i know stu  has mentioned matchplay mines simular it's based on the fa cup/nfl playoffs .a knockout comp.
i just don't know the best way to decide on the winner of each match.

any help /ideas would be appreiciated  :D

Subject: Re: non biased voting

Written By: charlotte on 07/25/06 at 1:51 pm

hello i have an idea for a contest but i need to find a way of picking a winner that doesn't include voting.
in a head to head contest  how can i stop the "eurovision"type voting i.e someone voting for a parody because the like/ know the writer better than the other ?

i know stu  has mentioned matchplay mines simular it's based on the fa cup/nfl playoffs .a knockout comp.
i just don't know the best way to decide on the winner of each match.

any help /ideas would be appreiciated  :D

the only way would be to have the parodies presented anonymously, so nobody knows who wrote them until after the voting is done.

Written By: agrimorfee on 07/25/06 at 2:38 pm

We had a Halloween themed contest 2 or 3 years ago where folks submitted to amiright under an assumed name (ie. "a disguise") a parody of "Who Can It Be Now?"

Written By: Josh2 on 07/25/06 at 4:00 pm

yeh, but that would ahve to be posted on this site rather than amireight, unless of course the pseudunym was used in the posting and then changed later on.

Written By: Arwen on 07/25/06 at 5:05 pm

We posted to AmiRight using our pseudonyms.  It was great fun...however...once you've been around the site for long enough, you can start to recognize SOME people's writing styles...several people knew which parody was mine in the Who Can It Be Now contest.

Still...I think it's probably the only way you'll have a chance of non-partisan voting.

Check for new replies or respond here...