inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: away

Written By: Rick D on 08/10/06 at 11:00 pm

I know, brother. I was explaining to the others. I may still visit the great East and pop in on you yet.

Subject: Re: away

Written By: Rick D on 08/10/06 at 11:03 pm

Oops, I meant to reply to Johnny. I'm still around, just moving and busy. As Tom Lehrer said, "What good are laurels if you can't rest on them?" I'll be back when I get settled.

Written By: Johnny_D on 08/11/06 at 7:22 am

Focus on whatcha gotta focus on, Highlander -- don't worry 'bout us, we'll be busy buzzin' along in the background like the little parody-bumblebees we be.  When you feel like it & you've got some computer-time to spend on entertainment, come on by & check out our latest nonsense.  Peace be with you, Rick.   ;D

Written By: Rick Cormier on 08/11/06 at 3:45 pm

Oops, I meant to reply to Johnny. I'm still around, just moving and busy. As Tom Lehrer said, "What good are laurels if you can't rest on them?" I'll be back when I get settled.
Hey Rick, hope you are well.

Funny that you mentioned Tom Lehrer. I did my comedy routine last night (same place JD and JAB came to see me in May) and, before the show, I was talking to the owner of the club. He told me to come and get him just before I was going on, because he likes my song parodies. Then, he told me he used to work with a guy at M.I.T. who wrote some good parodies. IT WAS TOM LEHRER!! He worked with him years ago and saw him every day. He said he was brilliant but, a bit aloof but, knew him pretty well, until he started writing for TV. He told me he had lost track of Tom. I told him I had read an article on him recently and, that he was living in southern California. Anyway, I thought it was interesting.

Written By: Rick D on 08/12/06 at 4:44 pm

I'm well Rick. I met Tom at the University Cal. Santa Cruz many years ago when he was teaching political science and math. He seemed VERY uninterested in talking about his old songs. Then six months later "Tomfoolery" came out with revised lyrics by guess who? Could have mentioned it to me.

Check for new replies or respond here...