inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Some of my recordings

Written By: weirdojace on 09/12/06 at 5:55 pm

Well, my recordings don't generally get much attention at amiright.com, so I figured I'd post them here...

I'm the singer/keyboardist/lyricist for a comedy band called Nuclear Bubble Wrap. We do parodies and originals. One of our songs, "I Cannot Sing" has been played on Dr. Demento twice. The others haven't been played yet because I haven't bothered to send them to him... I'll get around to it.

Anyway, you can hear our recordings here: http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=341421

I put nine of our songs up there, the parodies include:
I Cannot Sing (Under the Sea ~ Disney)
Stupid Emo Song (Make Damn Sure ~ Taking Back Sunday) -- This is an in-progress song, it's not done yet, so it has some flaws
We Didn't Watch the Trailer (We Didn't Start the Fire ~ Billy Joel)
Wonka's Door (Hardware Store ~ Weird Al Yankovic)

And the rest of them are original songs. The ones I recommend checking out are Oxymoron, Racist Against Devils, and I Don't Let My Band Members Sing.

So, if you could listen and give me feedback, that'd be great. I love feedback.

Subject: Re: Some of my recordings

Written By: The Charnstar on 09/13/06 at 2:48 am

Whoa, weirdojace, your Nuclear Bubble Wrap? I love your stuff man, We Didn't Watch The Trailer n Oxymoron were my favies, totally groovy man, keep up the good work

Subject: Re: Some of my recordings

Written By: weirdojace on 09/13/06 at 2:51 pm

Thanks!

Yeah, I'm the frontman of Nuclear Bubble Wrap. But a lot of people don't know that because before I got a band (when I was in like middle school) I used to post my recordings on here and they were AWFUL. I got so many negative comments--search on amiright for my recording of "I'm Too Gothy." I took the mp3 down, but I used to get a LOT of negative feedback.

Thankfully, I've improved. And I actually play instruments on my recordings now.

Check for new replies or respond here...