inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Agrimorfee's 2 Projects

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/15/06 at 7:36 am

Well, I am prouder than a group of lions to announce 2 projects in the works from yours truly.

I myself and Mrs. Agrimorfee, after an unsucessful run last winter, are now expecting our first child. She has hit the 12th week of pregnancy, with all the fun that it entails with morning sickness, doctors poking and prodding, and aches and pains, while I sit on the side looking foolish but connecting in ways that I never would have imagined. That is my first project to announce, in collaboration of course, with the Mrs.

As to my 2nd project---

I have been itching to do another parody project for the past couple weeks. Then, suddenly, at approximately 5:45 AM CST today (I kid you not), I discovered that I am now pregnant. Pregnant with the idea of parodying the Who's classic album TOMMY...into a whole new song cycle to be entitled-- MOMMY!!!!  :D

This album parody will hopefully be structured like a pregnancy, from conception through birth, from the "Overture" through "We're Not Gonna Take It". I have a number of crazy ideas floating through my head as to how this will be done. ("Acid Queen" for some reason should be about unusual cravings for exampl; character of The Doctor to be used; the finale "I'm Not Gonna Take Drugs" to embody of course, labor pains in the Lamaze method). I invite the Amiright team of midwives, pediatricians, geneticists and nurses to assist me in bringing this fetus of an idea to term with song parody fragments and ideas (with credit where credit is due.)

Cheers,
Ag

Subject: Re: Agrimorfee's 2 Projects

Written By: Matthias on 09/15/06 at 7:49 am

I just want to see Act 1, Scene 1 if you know what I mean...  ;)

And what a great idea with songs like It's A Boy, and "Fiddle" About

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/15/06 at 8:24 am

I just want to see Act 1, Scene 1 if you know what I mean...  ;)

Naughty, naughty,... ::)

THAT, will be an off-screen scene.  :)

Written By: jreuben on 09/15/06 at 9:50 am

Congratulations on the upcoming baby Agrimorfee!

Well, I am prouder than a group of lions to announce 2 projects in the works from yours truly.

I myself and Mrs. Agrimorfee, after an unsucessful run last winter, are now expecting our first child. She has hit the 12th week of pregnancy, with all the fun that it entails with morning sickness, doctors poking and prodding, and aches and pains, while I sit on the side looking foolish but connecting in ways that I never would have imagined. That is my first project to announce, in collaboration of course, with the Mrs.

As to my 2nd project---

I have been itching to do another parody project for the past couple weeks. Then, suddenly, at approximately 5:45 AM CST today (I kid you not), I discovered that I am now pregnant. Pregnant with the idea of parodying the Who's classic album TOMMY...into a whole new song cycle to be entitled-- MOMMY!!!!  :D

This album parody will hopefully be structured like a pregnancy, from conception through birth, from the "Overture" through "We're Not Gonna Take It". I have a number of crazy ideas floating through my head as to how this will be done. ("Acid Queen" for some reason should be about unusual cravings for exampl; character of The Doctor to be used; the finale "I'm Not Gonna Take Drugs" to embody of course, labor pains in the Lamaze method). I invite the Amiright team of midwives, pediatricians, geneticists and nurses to assist me in bringing this fetus of an idea to term with song parody fragments and ideas (with credit where credit is due.)

Cheers,
Ag

Written By: Rick Cormier on 09/15/06 at 11:18 am

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Agrimorfee! I hope it's a boy or a girl but, the way you like to blend things (such as Ulysses and Nirvana), you'll probably tell us it's either a goy or a birl.  ;)

Regarding your second project, I have a lot of experience with "Tommy". I was in a band that, two years ago, performed the entire album live. I did the lead vocals on about half of the songs and sang backup on the others. I was also the rhythm guitarist and keyboardist whose job it was to play things like french horn, strings, piano and organ. I also played a lot of samples taken from the original album (mirror breaking, sparks etc.).

I'm sure I could contribute to the project in whatever capacity you may require and, would be happy to do so.

Let me know will ya?

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/15/06 at 12:24 pm

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Agrimorfee! I hope it's a boy or a girl but, the way you like to blend things (such as I'm sure I could contribute to the project in whatever capacity you may require and, would be happy to do so.
Let me know will ya?

For now, any ideas will be considered.

I am not in a hurry to do this---I want to be done by the end of March '07, our expected due date...just because I will get some ideas via personal experience!--- but if the muse shouts loudly enough at me, it could move quicker.

Written By: Red Ant on 09/16/06 at 2:03 am

Congratulations, and best wishes to you and Mrs. Agrimorfee! I loved the collaboration with you and Matthias (and Spaff) on the PF Christmas album. I'd like to do another, but unlike that one I only have The Who "Then And Now" CD.

Anyway, a song listing would help, and I'd be delighted to contribute whatever I can.

Jack

Written By: The Charnstar on 09/16/06 at 3:18 am

Congrats to Agrimorfee and Mrs Agrimorfee and your Agrimorfette or Agrimorfee Jr, and I love your album idea, cause I loved the orig' album!

Written By: MarthaDTox6 on 09/16/06 at 3:26 am

Congrats Agri on 2 fantastic projects!!  will follow the progress of both with interest....

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/18/06 at 9:33 am

Here's the tracklist of Tommy. The source material will be the original 1969 album, no other production (live, movie, Broadway, etc.). I will check off each as they become completed and will mark in red updates of ideas/collaborations in progress.

1 Overture (5:20)    DONE
2. It's a Boy (0:38)    DONE ("Overture/The Test")
3 1921 (2:48)     in progress
4 Amazing Journey (5:04)    DONE ("Another Amazing Journey")
5 Sparks (2:05)      instrumental
6 Eyesight to the Blind (The Hawker) (2:14)     DONE ("A Sight To My Mind (The Father)"
7 Christmas (4:32)     in progress, "Morning Sickness"
8 Cousin Kevin (4:06)     
9 Acid Queen (3:34)     DONE ("Strange Cravings")
10 Underture (10:04) instrumental   
11 Do You Think It's Alright? (0:24)     DONE (working title: "Talk With The Boss")
12 Fiddle About (1:31)     DONE ("Riddled With Doubt")
13 Pinball Wizard (3:01)     
14 There's a Doctor (0:23)     
15 Go to the Mirror (3:47)     IN PROGRESS, a visit to the doctor
16 Tommy, Can You Hear Me? (1:35)    Red Ant contributes "Mommy can you feel me?", but I have some other ideas, too
17 Smash the Mirror (1:34)     
18 Sensation (2:28)     
19 Miracle Cure (0:12)     
20 Sally Simpson (4:10)     
21 I'm Free (2:39)     
22 Welcome (4:32)     IN PROGRESS, preparing for a baby shower
23 Tommy's Holiday Camp (0:57)     DONE (Mommy's Hospital Camp)
24 We're Not Gonna Take It (3:28)     in progress "I'm Not gonna Take Drugs"
25 See Me, Feel Me/Listening to You (3:41) in progress

Written By: Ashkicksass on 09/18/06 at 10:38 am

Congratulations Agrimorfee!  :)

Written By: Rex on 09/18/06 at 6:35 pm

Congrats, ag! One word of advice -- expectant mothers don't like to hear the word "baby" in close proximity to the word "pitchfork".

Written By: Red Ant on 09/18/06 at 10:49 pm

16 Tommy, Can You Hear Me? (1:35)  - I'll try that one, even though I DKTOS right now. "Mommy, Can You Feel Me?" seems too good an idea to pass up. It should also chronologically fit the pregnancy timetable fairly well.

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/19/06 at 7:51 am

16 Tommy, Can You Hear Me? (1:35)   - I'll try that one, even though I DKTOS right now. "Mommy, Can You Feel Me?" seems too good an idea to pass up. It should also chronologically fit the pregnancy timetable fairly well.

That's a good idea, Red. There's only like 2 lines in the whole song. It should take you about 30 seconds, based on your predeliction for quick turnaround time. ;D  I'll add you to the list--are you going to submit it, or me?

I really need help on the lengthier songs, particularly in the 2nd half.

Written By: karen on 09/19/06 at 8:09 am

Congratulations to you both.

Written By: Arwen on 09/19/06 at 11:23 am

Wow!  Big congratulations, Agri!!

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/20/06 at 7:56 am

bump, see tracklist progress.

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/21/06 at 9:43 am

That's a good idea, Red. There's only like 2 lines in the whole song. It should take you about 30 seconds, based on your predeliction for quick turnaround time. ;D  I'll add you to the list--are you going to submit it, or me?

I really need help on the lengthier songs, particularly in the 2nd half.

Red Ant, I have made what will probably be the  official "Tommy Can You Hear Me?" parody. Did you have something else in mind? Let me know.

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/25/06 at 7:52 am

UPDATED

1 Overture (5:20)    DONE
2. It's a Boy (0:38)    DONE ("Overture/The Test")
3 1921 (2:48)     DONE ("What Do We Name It?")
4 Amazing Journey (5:04)    DONE ("Another Amazing Journey")
5 Sparks (2:05)      instrumental
6 Eyesight to the Blind (The Hawker) (2:14)     DONE ("A Sight To My Mind (The Father)"
7 Christmas (4:32)     DONE ("Morning Sickness")
8 Cousin Kevin (4:06)   DONE ("My Expansion")  
9 Acid Queen (3:34)     DONE ("Strange Cravings")
10 Underture (10:04) instrumental   
11 Do You Think It's Alright? (0:24)     DONE ("Talk With The Boss")
12 Fiddle About (1:31)     DONE ("Riddled With Doubt")
13 Pinball Wizard (3:01)  DONE ("My Little Whizzer")
14 There's a Doctor (0:23)  How can I make this different than the original?   
15 Go to the Mirror (3:47)     IN PROGRESS, a visit to the doctor
16 Tommy, Can You Hear Me? (1:35)    DONE
17 Smash the Mirror (1:34)    DONE (combined as "A Conversation/A Fight")
18 Sensation (2:28)    DONE ("C-Section")
19 Miracle Cure (0:12)   DONE ("Short Song")
20 Sally Simpson (4:10)     "Circumcision?" Mommytobe and Daddytobe are confronted by socio-ethno mores and customs
21 I'm Free (2:39) DONE ("The Insurance Song")     
22 Welcome (4:32)     DONE ("Baby Shower")
23 Tommy's Holiday Camp (0:57)     DONE ("Mommy's Hospital Camp")
24 We're Not Gonna Take It (3:28)     almost DONE ("I'm Not Gonna Take Drugs")
25 See Me, Feel Me/Listening to You (3:41) DONE, but with #24 will be the last submission

Written By: Red Ant on 09/25/06 at 8:01 am

Red Ant, I have made what will probably be the  official "Tommy Can You Hear Me?" parody. Did you have something else in mind? Let me know.

I missed your earlier post re: this song, so go ahead. I'll take a look at what's left from the list and see what I can do.

Jack

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/25/06 at 9:59 am

I missed your earlier post re: this song, so go ahead. I'll take a look at what's left from the list and see what I can do.

Jack

DRAFT BELOW

(Mommytobe "talks" to the fetus)
Baby can you hear me? Shall I sing for you?
OK, you can stop kicking, sorry that I bothered you

Baby, baby, baby, baby

(Daddytobe talks to Mommytobe's tummy)
Baby can you hear me,
Would you like to share a brew? (face slapped by Mommytobe)
I was only kidding
Sorry that it bugged you.

Oh...Baby, baby, baby, baby....

Written By: Spaff.com on 09/27/06 at 8:22 pm

Congrats, Aggro.

Your life will never be the same. Seriously. With this new addition to your life, you'll find that EVERYTHING is different. Trust me on this - you'll find that even the smallest things take on new significance.

Oh, and congrats on the baby, too.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/03/06 at 3:29 pm

With any luck, the last 2 entries for Mommy will be submitted by the end of this week!

Stay tuned for the thrilling conclusion!

Check for new replies or respond here...