inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Kristof's first recorded parody!!!

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 09/26/06 at 6:43 pm

Well, I've finally made the leap and given birth to my first parody recording......  You can find it here....and, like any proud father, I want to show off my out-of-tune, badly recorded little progeny to the world. If you're:
a) Bored
b) Partially deaf, or
c) Have the hiccups and require scare therapy...

check it out!!!

Subject: Re: Kristof's first recorded parody!!!

Written By: Rick Cormier on 09/26/06 at 8:02 pm

Well, I checked it out! EXCELLENT! I smiled all the way through it, Kristof. It's something special when you appreciate someone's writing and then get to hear them voice it.

I've always loved your parody of this OS and, the recording didn't let me down.

Now that you're a big solo artist, I hope you're still going to do the Billy Ray thing with us.

Written By: Jack Wilson on 09/26/06 at 8:26 pm

That was HILARIOUS,loved it! Dont know who you were tryin to sound like, or if that was your real vocie but you sound like Ray Stevens a tad

Written By: Matthias on 09/26/06 at 11:50 pm

Ahhhhh got to love the parts that aren't in your written lyrics!!!!! I was cracking up all the way through it

Written By: Red Ant on 09/27/06 at 12:24 am

Great instrumental track and lyrics, and very funny, but Kristof, I couldn't hear/understand some of your lyrics - it sounded like you turned away from the mic in spots. Maybe that aspect was intentional, after all, CCR's songs aren't always crystal clear. ;)

Seriously, great stuff for a first effort. The ad-libbed lines were cool too.

Written By: The Charnstar on 09/27/06 at 12:28 am

Totally agree with Red Ant there. The instrumental track was great, I thought it was from the original. This makes me feel so much more tempted to record my songs now... MUST GET MIC! Great work Kristof, looking forward to some more

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 09/27/06 at 1:39 am

wow, was that all your own guitar-work too?  Kristof, you ar a one man band! Very funny and professional-sounding parody 

CCR wouldn't happen to be your real initials would they? ;)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 09/27/06 at 5:23 am

Wow! Thanks for the support, guys!
Well, I checked it out! EXCELLENT! I smiled all the way through it, Kristof. It's something special when you appreciate someone's writing and then get to hear them voice it.

I've always loved your parody of this OS and, the recording didn't let me down.

Now that you're a big solo artist, I hope you're still going to do the Billy Ray thing with us.

Rick, you're SO right...once I did the recording, it elevated the parody up my personal favourites list.

Of course I'm going to do the Billy Ray thing! I'm working out the guitar parts now, and will probably lay down some tracks on Saturday. May be able to do the vocals quicker

That was HILARIOUS,loved it! Dont know who you were tryin to sound like, or if that was your real vocie but you sound like Ray Stevens a tad

Thanks, Jack! I WAS trying to sound like John Fogerty from CCR...I guess I need to work on my American accent a bit more... ;)

Ahhhhh got to love the parts that aren't in your written lyrics!!!!! I was cracking up all the way through it

Thanks, Matty. I was TOTALLY ad-libbing during the instrumental break...

Great instrumental track and lyrics, and very funny, but Kristof, I couldn't hear/understand some of your lyrics - it sounded like you turned away from the mic in spots. Maybe that aspect was intentional, after all, CCR's songs aren't always crystal clear. ;)

Seriously, great stuff for a first effort. The ad-libbed lines were cool too.

I bet it was the high bits you found hard to understand, Jack....my voice just doesn't hit those notes, so I kind of ended up "Mickey Mousing" it without any real power. The dumb accent may have been a factor, too. Oh well, I'm learning.....

Totally agree with Red Ant there. The instrumental track was great, I thought it was from the original. This makes me feel so much more tempted to record my songs now... MUST GET MIC! Great work Kristof, looking forward to some more

Get yourself a cheap mic, Charny, and some cheap recording software. I used Magix Music Maker 6, which I picked up on eBay for about 8 American dollars. It allows me to multitrack, and mix and EQ tracks to a certain degree. Good luck!

wow, was that all your own guitar-work too?  Kristof, you ar a one man band! Very funny and professional-sounding parody 

CCR wouldn't happen to be your real initials would they? ;)

Stu...how do you do a bemused smiley? I only wish I could get that sort of sound from my cheap set-up! I've spent a sum total of about 12 pounds on my PC "studio"...so, no; the backing track wasn't me- it was a karaoke recording I got from a mate who runs his own karaoke night, and in turn gets HIS mates (who are in a band)  to record the backing tracks. One day, when I'm rich, I'll set up to record all my own stuff....thanks for your feedback, mate

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/27/06 at 7:56 am

Very nice! Your voice sounds a little like Weird Al during his early bedroom tapes period.  ;)

Keep it up, and send something to Dr. Demento later!

Written By: Arwen on 09/27/06 at 12:03 pm

It worked!  Hiccups...all gone... ;)

Nice work, little SAB...VERY funny...and it made me grin to hear your voice... :-*

Written By: Josh2 on 09/28/06 at 5:22 pm

nice, i agree that the vocals is the only slightly bad things, stop going so high, and wat is the origina;l song called?

Check for new replies or respond here...