inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Parodies you had ideas for/did but found that it had already been used?

Written By: Jack Wilson on 09/26/06 at 9:16 pm

I remember this thread on the old board, so I tohught id repost it so what are some?

Subject: Re: Parodies you had ideas for/did but found that it had already been used?

Written By: Red Ant on 09/27/06 at 12:28 am

Very few, actually. Johnny D beat me to a couple, including "Asterisk" and "My One-Eyed Love". Stuck On An Elevator was an idea I once had, but it too had been done before. Malcolm did "Fetus" to "Venus", so I never pursued that idea further

I'm sure there are a few others, but I don't recall what they might have been.

Subject: Re: Parodies you had ideas for/did but found that it had already been used?

Written By: agrimorfee on 09/28/06 at 8:50 am

I once made preliminary stabs at "Eat It" and "Spam" and got outclassed by Weird Al in both cases.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 09/28/06 at 10:30 am

Three times I have had ideas for parodies and, Phil Alexander had beaten me to them. I remember one was "Thing in the Road" to Roger Miller's "King of the Road". I had that one about half-written before I even checked to see if anyone had already thought of it. Of course, they were both on the same subject so, I scrapped mine. I can't remember the others at the moment but, I do recall there being three of them. Obviously, we think alike.

Another one was "Bi-Guy" to "My Guy". It was Kristof Robertson who beat me to that one.

Written By: K1chyd on 09/28/06 at 11:15 am

I had one really original idea, or so I though, for a parody about a game of chess played out through the lines from the first move to check mate in the last paragraph. It was gonna be called E2-E4 to the tune of Village People's "YMCA". Phil Alexander beat me to that idea with a different song, I don't remember which one right now so I guess I'm over it. :P

Check for new replies or respond here...