inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How does everyone come up with a parody title so quickly/come up with a tile,the

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/05/06 at 6:57 am

OS and what its gonna be about?

This is probably a reason why all my 2003 parodies were about food cause I couldnt think of any other ideas,2004 too sometimes. This is also kinda why I hardly posted parodies last year *kicks self for that*,cause Id be like "HEY Ive GOT to parody this song",but no subject came about, I just finsihed a new parody yesterday to "All Right NOw" called"Alll Fries Now" though.

Subject: Re: How does everyone come up with a parody title so quickly/come up with a tile,the

Written By: karen on 10/05/06 at 7:13 am

you might like to read

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,10527.0.html

Subject: Re: How does everyone come up with a parody title so quickly/come up with a tile,the

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/05/06 at 12:11 pm

"How do I get to Carnegie hall?"
"Practice, practice..."  ;)

Seriously, you might notice that I don't necessarily match my title of the parody with the OS title. As long as you find a great hook is what matters.

And something else all wanna-be-writers do (which I should do more often myself) is carry a notepad to jot down ANY little idea, or even half-an-idea, as soon as it pops into your head. You will more than likely lose an idea if you don't commit it to paper if your memory is cruddy.

Written By: Red Ant on 10/05/06 at 12:50 pm

you might like to read

http://www.inthe00s.com/index.php/topic,10527.0.html

Thanks karen!

BTW, you should add these to your signature:

To be, or not to be (Shakespear/Hamlet)
Scooby-Dooby Do! (obvious)

Subject: Re: How does everyone come up with a parody title so quickly/come up with a tile

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/05/06 at 6:02 pm

Thanks! Ah I see

I have an upcoming parody of "True"called"Glue"

Subject: Re: How does everyone come up with a parody title so quickly/come up with a tile

Written By: The Charnstar on 10/05/06 at 7:43 pm

I usually come up with the idea before I know what song I'm gonna parodise. Like Death's Ballad I've been trying to write since July, and I really wanna write a song about how much I love Nerdy Girls, I just can't find a REALLY good OS.

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/05/06 at 8:05 pm

I usually come up with the idea before I know what song I'm gonna parodise. Like Death's Ballad I've been trying to write since July, and I really wanna write a song about how much I love Nerdy Girls, I just can't find a REALLY good OS.
LOL Im the opposite sometimes

How about?

"Wish They All Could Be Super Nerdy Girls" yto "California Girls"

or cause I know ya like Billy Joel

"Score Some Nerdy Women For Me" to "She's Alwyas a Woman To Me"

or

"She's Quite Nerdy" to "She's a Beauty"

or

"Nerdy Girl" to "Barbie Girl"

or
"Four Eyed Girl" to "Brown Eyed Girl"

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/05/06 at 8:22 pm

How about?

or

or

or

Actualyl I have some good ideas for the first one, so any of the other 3 are yours

Written By: The Charnstar on 10/05/06 at 9:27 pm

How about?

or

or

or

Oh, fully mad, I like She's Quite Nerdy and Score Some Nerdy Women For Me, and I already tried Four Eyed Girl and failed LOL! But thanks :-)

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/05/06 at 9:30 pm

Oh, fully mad, I like She's Quite Nerdy and Score Some Nerdy Women For Me, and I already tried Four Eyed Girl and failed LOL! But thanks :-)
THanks! Do you know Shes a Beauty though? LOL ah I see! Ok youre welcome!

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/06/06 at 8:44 am

Thanks! Ah I see

I have an upcoming parody of "True"called"Glue"

"I know I, sniff too much, Glue"  ?    ;D

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/06/06 at 4:04 pm

"I know I, sniff too much, Glue"  ?    ;D
LOL thats a good choice for  one  I always gonna do I KNow this, horse is,GLUE""

Written By: Red Ant on 10/06/06 at 11:51 pm

If you really want to parody a certain song, and the title is an actual lyric, then I'd reccomend a brainstorming session. Find as many rhymes or near-rhymes that you can for each syllable, and write them down. Most will be unusable, but you can find a few that have a lot of potential.

I don't know for sure, but I suspect that is how John Barry made his 102 parodies of "I Put A Spell On You"; the key rhyming words IMO are "I","Spell", and "You".

For titles that aren't a lyric in the song, such as "Smells Like Teen Spirit" or "Subterranean Homesick Blues" try the same as above, but only after you have finished the parody. I did that the times I parodied those songs.

Of course, you can title it whatever you want to, and the parody name doesn't have to pace or rhyme to TOS' title name.

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/09/06 at 12:34 pm

Of course, you can title it whatever you want to, and the parody name doesn't have to pace or rhyme to TOS' title name.

You do realize your telling this to the author who has submitted no less than 6 parodies with the title "Uranus", right?  :D

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/09/06 at 4:13 pm

You do realize your telling this to the author who has submitted no less than 6 parodies with the title "Uranus", right?  :D
LOL that was an accident I resubmitted those, only one of those 6 Uranus is the atcual title the correct one

Check for new replies or respond here...