inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: How are these? ( before I submit them)

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/07/06 at 10:19 am

"All Fries Now"
Went for a,bite to eat
To a fast food place like Burger King
I said

Subject: Re: How are these? ( before I submit them)

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/09/06 at 11:12 am

You write too fast.  :o If you were to submit these as is, I would rank no higher than 333. Pacing drops as the songs progress, some of the lines don't make any sense, and there isn't much funny stuff going on. I can be more specific later if desired, but that's the overall picture.

Have you read the various threads about parody writing yet? ???

Written By: karen on 10/09/06 at 11:17 am

Jack

I'm not a parody writer at all but I thought I'd stick in my two pence.  I couldn't work out what song the first parody was supposed to be.  The second one I had problems pacing it to the original, for example the second line doesn't seem to fit the original at all.  Also I think most people tend to stick to the rhyming pattern of the original which means that this line "They ask me out when I;ve gone stag" doesn't fit well (plus I've no idea what it means).  I also think the overall parody is weak on ideas.  Being nerdy is much more than wearing glasses and being a Star Trek fan.

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/09/06 at 12:30 pm

Karen's right...

For the DKTOS crowd, the first song is "All Right Now" by Free, and the second one is "California Girls" by The Beach Boys.

Check for new replies or respond here...