inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Purple People Eater

Written By: Matthias on 10/17/06 at 11:29 pm

I really want to do a parody to Purple People Eater, but I have no ideas for an idea, or a title, or anything...
I just know I really want to do this parody!!!

Any suggestions will be well worth it
All I have currantly is "Cripple People Cheater"
But that sounds Oneable right there

Any better ideas than that would really make my Halloween

Subject: Re: Purple People Eater

Written By: Red Ant on 10/18/06 at 12:14 am

I really want to do a parody to Purple People Eater, but I have no ideas for an idea, or a title, or anything...

Any suggestions will be well worth it
All I have currantly is "Cripple People Cheater"
But that sounds Oneable right there

Any better ideas than that would really make my Halloween

Pretty good, Matthias. Crippled People Beater would be funnier, and get more 1 votes too.  ;D
How about one of these?:

Fur-full PETA People
Purple Pita Eater
Jerk-Off Meter Reader
Workin' Senoritas
Surplus People? Eat'em!
Circus People Needed
Purple Penis Beater (too bad whatfreaks is dead. or maybe not....)
Whirpool Seems Unheated
Take Us To Your Leader
Liberal People, Read This
Purple Leeches Feedin'

Run with anything that fits the bill for you.

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 10/18/06 at 1:18 am

ah, that reminds me that I once did a parody to Purple People-Eater about a perfect kick in Australian Rules Football

called "It Was A Centimetre-Perfect Torpedo Off The Non-Preferred" - a torpedo being a type of kick, where the ball rotates laterally, centimetre-perfect being an Aussie Rules expression meaning "precisely hitting its target" and the non-preferred referring to the foot (eg. left c/f right) you'd prefer not to kick with 

my point being that I reckon anything that has the same rhythm as the first line in PPE would work, as it's such a distinctive and lengthy line

in fact I might post my parody anyway, even though nobody will understand it except Aussies

Written By: Foo Bar on 10/18/06 at 1:22 am

John Valby is your friend.  He's got (at least) two versions of the song parodied, one on "Live from Jackinsack, New Jersey", and one on "Butts Up Doc!"

If you can't figure out from the titles of those two albums, the lyrics are pretty much unprintable on a family forum such as this.

She said "Jersey'd like to welcome you!
I'll do anything you want, but it's gonna cost you."
I gave her a dollar.  She looked at me strange.
She *blankity-blank*, and then she gave me my change!

...and that's one of the more tame verses.

By Dobbs, Valby is a brilliant parodist.  The guy not only manages to match the original rhyme scheme, he manages to dredge enough words from the bottom of the anglo-saxon barrel to get the accent on the right syllable with every word, while still managing to link "parking meter" with an anatomical function.  "She's the girl for me."

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 10/18/06 at 4:38 am

* checks back-catalogue - finds old P.P.Eater parody - reads it with intention of submitting it - limewires for Sheb Wooley's OS - compares parody to OS - detects HUGE pacing issues, starting with the title line - shelves whole idea *

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/18/06 at 7:24 am

I weote Pimpin Purple People Eater last year,submitted it and it never gotthrough,maybe Ill resubmit that..

Written By: Matthias on 10/19/06 at 9:20 am

I'm going to submit "Poodle Puddle Cleaner" about a man who hates his job at Petsmart

Written By: Matthias on 10/20/06 at 8:10 am

POODLE PUDDLE CLEANER: http://www.amiright.com/parody/60s/shebwooley1.shtml

Check for new replies or respond here...