inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Best Bohemian Rhapsody Ever?

Written By: Red Ant on 10/19/06 at 11:58 am

You'll probably need a fast connection for this 5:49 video clip, which is truly amazing:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/10/bohemian-rhapsody.html

:o

Subject: Re: Best Bohemian Rhapsody Ever?

Written By: Matthias on 10/19/06 at 2:03 pm

Wow, simply just wow....... Kinda reminds me of "Whose Line" and Wayne Brady, all those impersonations that man can do... All I can say is simply wow

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/19/06 at 2:16 pm

Absolute brilliance!

Written By: Matthias on 10/19/06 at 2:54 pm

But who is Robby Robertson?

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/20/06 at 2:11 pm

Some of the voices weren't spot-on, IMHO (his Axl isn't high and nasally enough), but goodness gracious, give him a hand for the variety and the presentation. Thanks for sharing, Red.  8)

Written By: Philip Eno on 10/20/06 at 2:16 pm

Some of the voices weren't spot-on, IMHO (his Axl isn't high and nasally enough), but goodness gracious, give him a hand for the variety and the presentation. Thanks for sharing, Red.  8)
For me it is the nerve to go on stage to do this (and a talent for it too)

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/20/06 at 2:19 pm

But who is Robby Robertson?

Before your time, probably. He was a member of The Band ("The Weight", "The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down" etc.), not the greatest of singers, has a small cult following nowadays . THAT impression was spot-on!

Written By: Ashkicksass on 10/20/06 at 5:52 pm

That

was

AWESOME!!!

Written By: Red Ant on 10/21/06 at 1:33 am

I'm glad everyone here liked this clip. I have to say that being able to do 25 different voices is fantastic enough, but going from one to another in the course of one song, while still keeping the feel of the original, is mind blowing.

Rick Miller is the performer; his homepage is here.

Written By: Matthias on 10/21/06 at 9:27 am

I used to think that Robbin Williams was the King of Impersonation..... Actually within the course of this song he probably could have done 50, but still find others with that unique talent is simply amazing!

Check for new replies or respond here...