inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: First parody you ever wrote?

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/21/06 at 1:06 am

What was it?

Subject: Re: First parody you ever wrote?

Written By: Red Ant on 10/21/06 at 1:15 am

I wrote a few that were very loosely based off of songs as far back as 1997 (IOW, original works, several of which were never fully finished). I have two or three posted on AmIRight that were written in 1999, but they are pretty awful in the pacing department. Thus, I won't be listing them. HAHA!

Written By: Matthias on 10/21/06 at 1:20 am

The first parody that I ever wrote was actually under a diffrent pen... er... keyboard name at the time, Guy T. Dude

It was a parody of "Yo-Ho! A Pirate's Life For Me!" called "Kill Yo! A Mobster's Life For Me"
http://www.amiright.com/parody/misc/disneyland0.shtml

Written By: The Charnstar on 10/21/06 at 3:09 am

Well the first I ever STARTED writing was Nightmare On Elm Street (1995) and my first ever FINISHED parody was Ocarina Of Time (2006)

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/21/06 at 7:35 am

The first one I submitted, I forgot to turn on the comments featureOutdated Revised version of Outdated from 2004

But the first parody parody I wrote was Fry Fry Fries

Written By: Jack Wilson on 10/21/06 at 7:40 am

The first one I submitted, I forgot to turn on the comments featureOutdated Revised version of Outdated from 2004

But the first parody parody I wrote was Fry Fry Fries

Ferris Bueller's Day Off lot of pacing issues Ill admit, cause I did this one for fun without copying/pasting the OS's lyrics into Word back in 2000.

Written By: Step-chan on 10/21/06 at 3:11 pm

A parody called Training Trip, it goes to Sliver(Nirvana).

Written By: ThaConqueror on 10/24/06 at 1:59 am

Well the first I ever STARTED writing was Nightmare On Elm Street (1995) and my first ever FINISHED parody was Ocarina Of Time (2006)

Good boy, doing a parody about OoT! I'm playing that at the moment. I'm up to the Spirit Temple.

My first parody at AmIRight has been deleted, but my first written (and public) parody was Endangered, which I wrote for a project in Year 4 or 5 or something.

Written By: The Charnstar on 10/24/06 at 4:56 am

My first parody at AmIRight has been deleted

Whoa, it got deleted? Why?

Written By: agrimorfee on 10/24/06 at 7:44 am

See bio here: http://www.amiright.com/parody/authors/agrimorfee.shtml

Written By: PMS on 10/25/06 at 5:43 pm

The first parody I wrote was one called the Biohazard Song. To the tune of Frere Jaques.
Psuedomonas, staphlococcus
Syphillis, leprosy
Herpes, hepatitis,
Spinal menengitis
CMV, CMV
(Cytomegalo virus)
(I later updated it to HIV which was not widely known about when I wrote the song

Written By: tmayfield on 10/28/06 at 3:54 am

What was it?

I can't even remember when was it, let alone what... we are talking ancient history.

Written By: ThaConqueror on 10/28/06 at 5:25 am

Whoa, it got deleted? Why?

Because it was under "The_conqueror_of_parodies" and not "the_conqueror_of_parodies", so I had Chucky delete it.

Written By: The Charnstar on 10/28/06 at 6:13 am

Because it was under "The_conqueror_of_parodies" and not "the_conqueror_of_parodies", so I had Chucky delete it.

Oh, did you get it resubmitted? or is it.. still.. in the twilight zone... *eery music*

Written By: Cat on 10/28/06 at 6:58 pm

Depending on your definition of "first," it could be several answers.

When I was about 8, I hated the song "Puff the Magic Dragon," so I changed some of the words (though only the chorus) to make it more to my liking:

Puff, the magic drags on
I'd hate it any day
It is stupid little kid stuff, make it go away
Oh, Puff, the magic drags on
It really sucks
Whoever is the singer must not make a lot of bucks!

The first proper full-length parody that I wrote was when I was 11, it was called "I Hate Britney Spears" to "I Love Rock 'n Roll" (It was MUCH later that I discovered that Phil Alexander did a parody of the same name to the same OS.) I only remember the chorus:

I hate Britney Spears!
She comes over and sings and drives me crazy!
I hate Britney Spears!
So come over and plug your ears with me!

However, the first parody I posted on here was a parody of The Cars' "You Are The Girl" called "Where Are The Cars?" I won't post a link, considering I'm very embarrassed by it. I mean, The Cars are my favorite band and probably will be for a very long time, but it's rather poorly written and paced.

Written By: The Charnstar on 10/28/06 at 7:29 pm

Hehehe, well Cat, we can always look at your parody list and we can find it MUA HA HA HA HA!
PS... I love The Cars, gimme 5!

Written By: Cat on 10/28/06 at 10:34 pm

Thanks!! They're my favorite band ever. =)

Do you just know a few songs by them, have a compilation or actually *gasp!* own albums?

I'm a bit of an album purist myself, I think their first five are absolutely essential. But this really isn't the place to talk about that.

Written By: The Charnstar on 10/28/06 at 11:24 pm

Alas, I only have one album :( and a whole load of other songs that my friend gave me for no reason. LOL! but yeah... Let us stop the talk of the Cars and so on

Written By: ThaConqueror on 11/02/06 at 12:36 am

Oh, did you get it resubmitted? or is it.. still.. in the twilight zone... *eery music*

Yeah, I resubmitted it...even though it sucked, I resubmitted it.

Written By: Jack Wilson on 11/21/06 at 12:43 am

I oughta finish "It Reslly Was Me" soon,havent toucherd that in 5 years

Check for new replies or respond here...