inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Coming Soon To Amiright.com!!!

Written By: Matthias on 11/06/06 at 11:52 pm

Okay let me say straight out that "White Trash Story" was a absolute blast to play with, the songs were spectacular! You guys helped me make this ablum into a complete sucess, so I was pondering on ideas for more musicals, rock operas, operettas, operas anything that has music and I could put a story behind!

I was thinking that we could create another musical around a couple of Rock Opera Albums

Agrimorfee already conqured "Tommy" with his amazing performance of "Mommy"
We just completed "The White Album"
Stuart MacArthur created musicals to "Gilbert and Sullivan" tunes
He also created one around the song "Don't Cry For Me Argentina"
There was also "The Wall" created by Agrimorfee that included myself, Red Ant, and Spaff.com

So what's next....

I was thinking "Moving Out" the musical based around Billy Joel, OR we could do "A Night At The Opera" the rock opera based around Queen
Any ideas concerning this would be great

I want to base this around college, since I am now experiancing the college life style and my other life style of "Wannabe White Trash" has already been written about

Anybody intrested????

Subject: Re: Coming Soon To Amiright.com!!!

Written By: Jack Wilson on 11/07/06 at 6:50 am

Movin Out sounds awesome! Both do actually

Written By: Jack Wilson on 11/07/06 at 7:01 am

Wasnt there that Pirates of Penzane, the Evta/Brangelina thing and The Wall Christmas thingy?

Written By: Matthias on 11/07/06 at 7:28 am

Wasnt there that Pirates of Penzane, the Evta/Brangelina thing and The Wall Christmas thingy?

You're absoutly right, I've worked on all three, how could I forget

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/07/06 at 7:35 am

I vote for A Night at The Opera personally, because that's one of my favorite albums of all time (and since my idea for Quadrophenia as a Christmas song cycle --see Agrimorfee's Holiday Challenge elsewhere--doesn't seem to be gaining much interest :( )

Written By: Matthias on 11/07/06 at 7:59 am

It doesn't have to be "Movin' Out"": Although I love Billy Joel with a unbridaled fetish (With 27 songs it has the perfect length for the makings of another "White Trash Album")
Or "A Night At The Opera": Okay I have a fetish for Queen too (The only reason I wouldn't chose to do this is because there is only 12 songs which means it would be a lack of attendants in the Rock Opera)

I however want to center it around the college-life style, kinda like a teen movie musical

Run any other albums, or musicals, or ideas that pop into your mind when I say "College Musical"... High School has been too overdone

Written By: Matthias on 11/07/06 at 8:04 am

An idea just flashed in my mind, I don't really like this genre of music.... But..... A Rap Opera!

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/07/06 at 10:43 am

Rap!? Oh no! ;D

Albums and Shows off top of head--->

Grease. Cats (would be EXTREMELY HARD). The Sound of Music (has two songs that are so bad they didn't bother adding them to the movie). The Music Man. Joe's Garage (Frank Zappa!).  High School Musical?  :D (I am not familiar with any of the music) Quadrophenia?  ;)

What do college kids listen to nowadays in terms of a hefty, multilinear album? Dave Matthews?  :o :-X

Written By: Matthias on 11/07/06 at 10:48 am

Rap!? Oh no! ;D

Albums and Shows off top of head--->

Grease. Cats (would be EXTREMELY HARD). The Sound of Music (has two songs that are so bad they didn't bother adding them to the movie). The Music Man. Joe's Garage (Frank Zappa!).  High School Musical?  :D (I am not familiar with any of the music) Quadrophenia?  ;)

What do college kids listen to nowadays in terms of a hefty, multilinear album? Dave Matthews?  :o :-X

The sequal to High School Musical... Heh...

The Sound Of Students?

Written By: Jack Wilson on 11/08/06 at 6:56 am

The sequal to High School Musical... Heh...

The Sound Of Students?
LOL hmmm no, I dont know

Movin Out would be great, Grease soubnds great too I have some parodies I wrote from that. Cats...maybe,but then again,its Cats

Hmm what do college kids listen to? Not sure,probably same as everyone else.

Written By: Matthias on 11/08/06 at 11:03 pm

Anybody up for a "White Trash Story 2"?
This Time....

"Abbey Road Rage"

Written By: Jack Wilson on 11/09/06 at 6:30 am

Anybody up for a "White Trash Story 2"?
This Time....

"Abbey Road Rage"
Hmm thtad br AWESOME?!

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/09/06 at 8:09 am

Hmm thtad br AWESOME?!

??? ??? ???

Matthias, I can see Abbey Road as an impetus for collegiate humor...side 2 of the album especially has opportunities for characters.

Written By: Matthias on 11/09/06 at 4:07 pm

Another idea I had for the longest time was a bunch of "Dirty" Disney songs put into a story form that would look something like a South Park episode...
I know that there's a comedian that already does this sort of thing with the song "A Whole Nude World" as well as others, but this would make a good production, totally South Park/ Avenue Q it out!

Written By: Jack Wilson on 11/09/06 at 4:38 pm

Another idea I had for the longest time was a bunch of "Dirty" Disney songs put into a story form that would look something like a South Park episode...
I know that there's a comedian that already does this sort of thing with the song "A Whole Nude World" as well as others, but this would make a good production, totally South Park/ Avenue Q it out!
LOL yes!

Who does that?

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/09/06 at 5:19 pm

Yeah, but why bother muddying these waters with the subject matter...you know what I am sayin'? ???

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/14/06 at 1:32 pm

Let me make the case for Cats...if we could come up with a suitable title, this could work--but it would be much work indeed!

I dreamt up an acronymial title-- "C.A.T.s"= "College Attending TwitS"  ;)

Some titles:  Macavity-->"Fraternity"
                  Gus The Theater Cat---> "Russ, The Gay Theater C.A.T."
                  Rum Tum Tugger---> "The Big Big Kegger"

Memory could be a song about losing your memory during the crucial exam...or forgetting the key to your dorm room...

Dunno, just throwing it out there...

Written By: Matthias on 11/14/06 at 2:54 pm

Let me make the case for Cats...if we could come up with a suitable title, this could work--but it would be much work indeed!

I dreamt up an acronymial title-- "C.A.T.s"= "College Attending TwitS"  ;)

Some titles:  Macavity-->"Fraternity"
                  Gus The Theater Cat---> "Russ, The Gay Theater C.A.T."
                  Rum Tum Tugger---> "The Big Big Kegger"

Memory could be a song about losing your memory during the crucial exam...or forgetting the key to your dorm room...

Dunno, just throwing it out there...

Genius!!!

I was thinking along the lines of what I did last year for the show that never too proper form... "Lord of the Dance" to the "Lord of the Ring's Fellowship of the Ring"
That sort of format....

You can do any Broadway song as long as it fits a certain storyline, here's the storyline I have so far... with the tentative title, "Amiright U"

1. High School Graduation
2. College Orrientation
3. Choosing A Major
4. Welcome to Amiright U
5. The room mate from hell
6. The first day of classes
7. The hot chick in Calculus 101 (or some other subject, just throwing that out there)
8. Homecoming Kegger
9. Experimentation (Not for Biology class)
10. The Theather Production of "White Trash Story", heh... Additions
11. Homecoming Football Game
12. The Fraternity Hazing
13. RA finds beer in dorm room
14. Grades start to drop
15. The Fraternity Welcome
16. The Showing of "White Trash Story": Opening Night
17. Date with the Calc Girl
18. Romance in the Dorm Room, room mate walks in
19. Studying for Mid-Term
20. Relations with college TA (teacher's assistant)
21. Mid-Term Exam!!!

(Any other crucial parts of the college experiance I missed feel free to let me know)

Written By: Jack Wilson on 11/14/06 at 5:34 pm

Genius!!!

I was thinking along the lines of what I did last year for the show that never too proper form... "Lord of the Dance" to the "Lord of the Ring's Fellowship of the Ring"
That sort of format....

You can do any Broadway song as long as it fits a certain storyline, here's the storyline I have so far... with the tentative title, "Amiright U"

1. High School Graduation
2. College Orrientation
3. Choosing A Major
4. Welcome to Amiright U
5. The room mate from hell
6. The first day of classes
7. The hot chick in Calculus 101 (or some other subject, just throwing that out there)
8. Homecoming Kegger
9. Homecoming Football Game
10. The Fraternity Hazing
11. The Theather Production of "White Trash Story", heh... Additions
12. The Fraternity Welcome
14. The Showing of "White Trash Story"
15. Date with the Calc Girl (Fails horribly)
16. Date with the professor
17. Studying for Mid-Term
18. Mid-Term Exam!!!

(Any other crucial parts of the college experiance I missed feel free to let me know)

so itrs parodies of Broadway songs? Hmm I know some

Written By: PMS on 11/14/06 at 6:33 pm

I could get into either Cats or just a general Broadway theme. I never went to college so I have no personal experience to draw on, but I'm not a sheep schtupping inbred obese piece of trailer trash either and I did OK with White Trash... :D

Written By: Matthias on 11/15/06 at 5:15 pm

Instead of the college-life thred, I had that up for a little while today, and thought better of it.... Maybe later..... Now I'm going to be hosting the 2nd Edition to the White Trash Ablum.... Entitled, "I'm Dreaming of a White Trash Christmas" which will contain mostly Christmas Tunes centered around a plotline that's somewhat like the plotline used in Christmas Vacation, or something of the sort.

Any Christmas Song will be acceptable, such as the classical tunes "What Child Is This" to the more contemporary tunes "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" and other things of the sort.....

We'll make this a Honky-Tonky Christmas after all

Written By: Jack Wilson on 11/15/06 at 5:36 pm

Instead of the college-life thred, I had that up for a little while today, and thought better of it.... Maybe later..... Now I'm going to be hosting the 2nd Edition to the White Trash Ablum.... Entitled, "I'm Dreaming of a White Trash Christmas" which will contain mostly Christmas Tunes centered around a plotline that's somewhat like the plotline used in Christmas Vacation, or something of the sort.

Any Christmas Song will be acceptable, such as the classical tunes "What Child Is This" to the more contemporary tunes "You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch" and other things of the sort.....

We'll make this a Honky-Tonky Christmas after all

Isnt White Trash Chriistmas the name of a bob Rivers album?

Written By: PMS on 11/15/06 at 5:47 pm

OOOH White Trash Christmas! I could get into that!

Written By: Matthias on 11/15/06 at 10:55 pm

Isnt White Trash Chriistmas the name of a bob Rivers album?

Gull dern it! Yer right!

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/17/06 at 7:37 am

Gull dern it! Yer right!

Titles are not copyrightable, but maybe another title would be good---or a subtitle...

"Throw Another Yule Hog On the Fire: A White Trash Christmas".

Maybe all or some of our "characters" will make a return appearance?

Check for new replies or respond here...