inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: Thanks for the Memories

Written By: Rick Cormier on 11/15/06 at 9:04 pm

I have not written a parody in about a month and a half. That is because I am focusing on writing jokes these days instead.

There is nothing like live performance.  Johnny D would be the first to tell you that. The immediate response of the audience to something you

Subject: Re: Thanks for the Memories

Written By: Johnny_D on 11/15/06 at 9:09 pm

I have not written a parody in about a month and a half. That is because I am focusing on writing jokes these days instead.

There is nothing like live performance.  Johnny D would be the first to tell you that. The immediate response of the audience to something you

Written By: Claude_Prez on 11/17/06 at 11:02 am

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/17/06 at 11:08 am

Way to go Rick!  8)

I gave you some props on another message board for writing my tribute parody...is "talented British comic Rick Cormier" an accurate description?

Written By: Rick Cormier on 11/18/06 at 8:34 am

Thank you, JD, you break a leg too.

Thanks, Claude and Agri. Agri, I'm not British (I'm from Massachusetts) but, that's OK.  :)

Written By: Dee Range on 11/18/06 at 9:21 pm

Congrats, Rick...break TWO legs :-) Well, you know what I mean!

You have both the talent, and desire to make it in stand up, of that I am sure. You stand out here, amongst a potful of funny people, and will excel whatever you choose to do!

Your recording of 16 Sons is still hanging in 3rd place in the Garageband.com comedy contest. And if you ever need to perform it onstage, you know you don' even need to ask, bro.

We'll be lookin' for you on Comedy Central, then your own sitcom, I hope! Remember us at Emmy speech time, and pop in for a visit now and then.

Good luck, and happy joke writing

Dee

Written By: Red Ant on 11/18/06 at 9:53 pm

Rick, you have been one of my favorite parodists on AmIRight in the nearly two years I have been on the site. Always witty, original, honest, and funny, you definitely have what it takes to succeed in stand-up.

Crap, why does that sound like a eulogy or Hallmark Card?

How 'bout this?: Go kick tail and knock 'em dead! I too wouldn't be surprised to see you on Comedy Central in the not-too-distant future. Stay in touch with some recordings, videos of performances, etc.

Thanks for the parodies!

Written By: Rick Cormier on 11/19/06 at 11:28 am

Congrats, Rick...break TWO legs :-) Well, you know what I mean!

You have both the talent, and desire to make it in stand up, of that I am sure. You stand out here, amongst a potful of funny people, and will excel whatever you choose to do!

Your recording of 16 Sons is still hanging in 3rd place in the Garageband.com comedy contest. And if you ever need to perform it onstage, you know you don' even need to ask, bro.

We'll be lookin' for you on Comedy Central, then your own sitcom, I hope! Remember us at Emmy speech time, and pop in for a visit now and then.

Good luck, and happy joke writing

Dee
Dee, you are one of the funniest people on this site. I have loved working with you and, it was an honor for me to record your work, as well as Spaff's. I just put an 8 minute clip of part of my standup set on my Putfile page:

http://www.putfile.com/ricloose/media

Do me a favor and give it a listen. I know it needs work but, standup is always a work in progress.

Good luck to you and, I'll keep in touch.

Written By: Rick Cormier on 11/19/06 at 11:31 am

Rick, you have been one of my favorite parodists on AmIRight in the nearly two years I have been on the site. Always witty, original, honest, and funny, you definitely have what it takes to succeed in stand-up.

Crap, why does that sound like a eulogy or Hallmark Card?

How 'bout this?: Go kick tail and knock 'em dead! I too wouldn't be surprised to see you on Comedy Central in the not-too-distant future. Stay in touch with some recordings, videos of performances, etc.

Thanks for the parodies!
Thank you, Jack. As you know, you are one of my favorite authors too.  :) As I've always said, I'm not looking for fame, just to make some folks laugh. You keep doing it too, man.

Written By: Dee Range on 11/19/06 at 12:21 pm

Dee, you are one of the funniest people on this site. I have loved working with you and, it was an honor for me to record your work, as well as Spaff's. I just put an 8 minute clip of part of my standup set on my Putfile page:

http://www.putfile.com/ricloose/media

Do me a favor and give it a listen. I know it needs work but, standup is always a work in progress.

Good luck to you and, I'll keep in touch.

Just had a listen to your 8-minute stand-up Rick.  Biiiiiiiiiiiig mistake on my part. I had hernia surgery Tuesday, and busted a couple of stitches out laughing.

Your material is EXTREMELY funny, and the delivery was very smooth, and polished. If you had any stage nerves, they sure didn't show.

I hope this mushrooms for you, and you end up headlining out here in Vegas soon. Make sure you send me a couple of show tickets if you get a booking out here, it would be great to finally meet in person after talking so much while working on the parody recordings.

If there is anything I can do , contacting comedy clubs  here in town etc., let me know.

Dee

Written By: philbo on 11/20/06 at 4:34 am

Break a leg, Rick.  Hell, break both: it'll give you so much more material ;)

I agree about the live performance, too.  At the moment I don't have too much time for that, however.  But I'm sure I'll be doing more next year.

Let us know when the album comes out on Amazon, and the dates of your first UK tour.

See you around

Phil

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/20/06 at 5:54 pm

Agri, I'm not British (I'm from Massachusetts) but, that's OK.  :)

Sorry about that, don't know where I got that idea, even from hearing your Soundclick page.  :o

Written By: Rick Cormier on 11/21/06 at 4:17 am

Break a leg, Rick.  Hell, break both: it'll give you so much more material ;)

I agree about the live performance, too.  At the moment I don't have too much time for that, however.  But I'm sure I'll be doing more next year.

Let us know when the album comes out on Amazon, and the dates of your first UK tour.

See you around

Phil
Thanks, Phil. One of the best things about writing jokes, instead of parodies, is that you haven't already beaten me to them, when I think of them :-)

Written By: Spaff.com on 11/21/06 at 9:26 pm

Great stuff, Rick. One-liners and song parody: just what my bloodstream craves. I really admire you guys who can get up and do this in front of an audience. Glen "2nz" Stollberger recently played me a video of one of his comedy club performances in Manhattan, and I just sat there being envious. (Between the laughs.) I had the same reaction to your set. Kudos galore. I hope you're getting stalked by hot groupies.

We'll miss you around here. Feel free to pop in and test out your new material on us.

You too, Johnny D - though I'm 100% certain you've "stopped writing new parodies" only temporarily. Remember: You can quit, but you'll always be an addict.

Break THREE legs. All of you.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Jack Wilson on 11/21/06 at 9:46 pm

LOL great stuff Rick. Break a leg!

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 11/23/06 at 9:24 pm

Who knows, I may write a parody or two in the future but, for the time being, that

Written By: Rick Cormier on 11/26/06 at 6:36 am

Great stuff, Rick. One-liners and song parody: just what my bloodstream craves. I really admire you guys who can get up and do this in front of an audience. Glen "2nz" Stollberger recently played me a video of one of his comedy club performances in Manhattan, and I just sat there being envious. (Between the laughs.) I had the same reaction to your set. Kudos galore. I hope you're getting stalked by hot groupies.

We'll miss you around here. Feel free to pop in and test out your new material on us.

You too, Johnny D - though I'm 100% certain you've "stopped writing new parodies" only temporarily. Remember: You can quit, but you'll always be an addict.

Break THREE legs. All of you.

xoxox
Spaff
Thanks, Spaff. I really admire you guys who can write parodies that flow, as if they were written by the original authors yet, they are injected with hilarity. Keep at it, my friend. Good luck to you and that other wizard, Robert Lund.
Rick

Written By: Rick Cormier on 11/26/06 at 6:44 am

LOL great stuff Rick. Break a leg!

Thanks, Jack. You break one too. :)

Written By: Rick Cormier on 11/26/06 at 6:53 am

ah, you've been threatening to leave us for a while now, and now you've finally gone and done it, you Yankee deserter!  That's sad that we'll be losing you Rick - you've become one of amiright's pillars, very soon after arriving here in fact, and what a swag of brilliant parodies you've left behind (that Jolie/BoRap one is my fave)

I'll have to check out your stand-up recording when I get the time (which is not now, with December being a very nasty time for the hospitality industry)

I'm tipping you'll come back for the occasional spell, because there's nothing like having a break to make you miss this place - or so I'm hoping

good luck matey :)

stu

Stu, thanks for everything. Your comments have always been a source of encouragement for me and, your parodies are always top-notch. I'll miss you, my friend. Keep up the great work!  :\'(

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 11/27/06 at 12:27 am

just had a listen Rick - (I didn't expect to be able to access it so easily)

I'll tell you what Rick, that voice of yours is a real gift - it's just perfect for comic delivery because it sounds so "lived-in" and your style reminded me of someone, but then I couldn't figure out who it was, so I think it was just the professionalism of your delivery that had me thinking of a dozen stand-ups or more.  It fair dinkum had me laughing out loud, and I'll be keeping an eye on that third-guest slot on Letterman

congrats and good luck - I can see why you want to go on with the stand-up stuff :)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 11/27/06 at 3:48 am

Adieu, Mr Cormier!
I know I speak for everyone when I say your contributions, comments, and passion for comedy will be sorely missed here. But our loss is the stand-up world's gain....I only wish I lived in New England so I could come and see you live.
Don't forget your friends here at the music/comedy coalface....we'll all be rooting for you!
All the best,
K

Written By: philbo on 11/29/06 at 3:06 pm

Thanks, Phil. One of the best things about writing jokes, instead of parodies, is that you haven't already beaten me to them, when I think of them :-)

That's what you think... I just haven't posted them anywhere  :p

You didn't answer the question about the UK tour...

Written By: marthadtox3 on 11/29/06 at 5:59 pm

Rock on Rick!!

Written By: Rick Cormier on 12/04/06 at 4:35 pm

Thanks again, Stu. It's only been a couple of months but, I really do miss all of you. It's like homesickness. I joined a local comedy messageboard but, it's not the same. Comics can be a depressing lot when they're not onstage.

Phil, yes, I'll let you know about the UK tour but, that may take a few years. At the moment, I'm lucky if my neighbors know who I am.

Kristof, thank you. Keep writing those trademark wacky parodies (and recording them too).

Thanks Martha and good luck with your upcoming performance. I'm sure you'll wow them.

Check for new replies or respond here...