inthe00s
The Pop Culture Information Society...

These are the messages that have been posted on inthe00s over the past few years.

Check out the messageboard archive index for a complete list of topic areas.

This archive is periodically refreshed with the latest messages from the current messageboard.

Check for new replies or respond here...

Subject: "Night Moves" gets the Dee Range treatment on YouTube

Written By: Dee Range on 11/29/06 at 10:31 pm

I made an IMAC home video of my Bob Seger  "Night Moves" parody and uploaded it to YouTube. You can see it here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a2pw-RDBP0g

If the link somehow doesn't work, search "Suppertime" and you should be able to find it. ;)

Subject: Re: "Night Moves" gets the Dee Range treatment on YouTube

Written By: Red Ant on 11/29/06 at 11:15 pm

I made an IMAC home video of my Bob Seger  "Night Moves" parody and uploaded it to YouTube. You can see it here:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a2pw-RDBP0g

If the link somehow doesn't work, search "Suppertime" and you should be able to find it. ;)

The link works. I don't want to give it all away, but TMO(outstanding)LTM, and I nearly choked on my own tongue when I heard "went to Ethiopia and look what happened to them."

Wow, just, I don't know, damn.  Keep the videos coming, Dee.  You ought to send that to Dr. Demento and enter it in the Garage Band contest(s). Very funny work.

As a technical aside: I didn't see a microphone in the video. Did you get your sound out of the computer mic, or is there something better out of camera range?

Written By: Dee Range on 11/30/06 at 12:08 am

The link works. I don't want to give it all away, but TMO(outstanding)LTM, and I nearly choked on my own tongue when I heard "went to Ethiopia and look what happened to them."

Wow, just, I don't know, damn.  Keep the videos coming, Dee.  You ought to send that to Dr. Demento and enter it in the Garage Band contest(s). Very funny work.

As a technical aside: I didn't see a microphone in the video. Did you get your sound out of the computer mic, or is there something better out of camera range?

Jack, the new Imac has a camera and microphone built in, and while the quality is not as good as the new digital camcorders, it is very easy to use. The drawback when using the built in mic is that you have to get very close to the computer to pick up the sound, which is why you can't see me playing the guitar in the video.

Glad you liked it...I may do a couple more.

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 11/30/06 at 2:04 pm

Fabulous stuff, Dee! You've got a lovely voice....and I LOVE the hat (where can I get one of those?) http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pimpflash.gif

Written By: Stuart McArthur on 11/30/06 at 3:19 pm

Ha, I liked that better than the other one, Dee, which was also a riot.  As for "I woke up to the sound of thunder - she was just passing wind waydown under" - imagine what it sounded like for those of us LIVING downunder

and another thing - a game I always play whenever I hear the first line of a couplet end in "heaven" is to try and predict how the second line will mangle its way towards ending in "seven".  But with yours, you came up with "she sent a dozen restaurants into Chapter Eleven" thus earning my MUHC (Most Unpredictable Heaven Couplet) award, and my eternal admiration - and that's just a sample of the brilliant lyrics right through

and as i said before, you are one damn cool looking dude, Dee

:)

Written By: agrimorfee on 11/30/06 at 5:02 pm

Lookin' mighty good.  8) The performance is so sincere, one might miss the funny lyrics if they didn't pay attention.

Written By: Dee Range on 11/30/06 at 5:03 pm

Fabulous stuff, Dee! You've got a lovely voice....and I LOVE the hat (where can I get one of those?) http://www.inthe00s.com/smile/07/pimpflash.gif

Thank you, Kristof, the hat is from Dillard's department store here in the states. Their website is www.dillards.com, but they don't list the hat for some reason, or else I couldn't find it. I went to the Dillard's down the street from me in Vegas, they have the same style, but the leather braid around the top is different now....it is not a braid, but a smooth 2-color (black and brown) piece of leather. $48 dollars U.S., don't know what that would be in pounds.

Written By: Dee Range on 11/30/06 at 5:14 pm

Ha, I liked that better than the other one, Dee, which was also a riot.  As for "I woke up to the sound of thunder - she was just passing wind waydown under" - imagine what it sounded like for those of us LIVING downunder

and another thing - a game I always play whenever I hear the first line of a couplet end in "heaven" is to try and predict how the second line will mangle its way towards ending in "seven".  But with yours, you came up with "she sent a dozen restaurants into Chapter Eleven" thus earning my MUHC (Most Unpredictable Heaven Couplet) award, and my eternal admiration - and that's just a sample of the brilliant lyrics right through

and as i said before, you are one damn cool looking dude, Dee

:)

Stu, glad you liked the video. I hadn't ever thought about the heaven/seven couplet, but now that you explained your game, I won't be able to get it out of my head...damn you. (J/K)

Written By: Dee Range on 11/30/06 at 5:16 pm

Lookin' mighty good.  8) The performance is so sincere, one might miss the funny lyrics if they didn't pay attention.

Thanks, Ag....I used to have trouble keeping a straight face when performing this one, but after 15 years it's gotten easier :)

Written By: Kristof Robertson on 12/01/06 at 10:28 am

What about "engines revvin'", "house in Devon", "priest called Kevin", " bread to unleaven", "Andre Previn"? Do I get a prize?....No? Oh well... :D

Written By: Jack Wilson on 12/04/06 at 8:37 pm

Wait, YOU;RE Paul Wooten? I was wondering wahteber happened to that guy, now I know that was you.wow

Written By: Dee Range on 12/04/06 at 10:23 pm

Wait, YOU;RE Paul Wooten? I was wondering wahteber happened to that guy, now I know that was you.wow

Mea culpa, Local Celebrity. Dr Deranged was my stage name for many years, and reverted to using it after my mother died in May of 2004. I uploaded about 10 more videos to JibJab.com, and in some of the videos you can actually see a poster from 1998 on my wall in the background, a Miller Lite promotional poster made for the Scoreboard Lounge in Ft Worth, which says "Sept. 11 & 25....Jay Johnson and Dr. Deranged. Anyone interested in seeing more homemade videos of my parodies can go here: http://www.jibjab.com/jokebox/PaulWooten/bucket/All

And anyone wanting exposure for their recorded work, consider this difference between JibJab and YouTube. Since Thursday Nov 30 I have had over 2,900 views of my videos on JibJab, which is way more than I have had on Youtube, even though YouTube is a much bigger site. The people on JibJab seem more in tune with parodies, since it was parodies that made JibJab famous to begin with. My parody of "She'll Be Comin' Round The Mountain" is on the Front Page of JibJab right now under "Popular Videos"...it has been see more than 600 times in 3 days. If it has rotated off (the front page) by the time you read this, it can be found in the above URL, which has links to my other videos as well.

Written By: Jack Wilson on 12/05/06 at 7:04 am

Mea culpa, Local Celebrity. Dr Deranged was my stage name for many years, and reverted to using it after my mother died in May of 2004. I uploaded about 10 more videos to JibJab.com, and in some of the videos you can actually see a poster from 1998 on my wall in the background, a Miller Lite promotional poster made for the Scoreboard Lounge in Ft Worth, which says "Sept. 11 & 25....Jay Johnson and Dr. Deranged. Anyone interested in seeing more homemade videos of my parodies can go here: http://www.jibjab.com/jokebox/PaulWooten/bucket/All

And anyone wanting exposure for their recorded work, consider this difference between JibJab and YouTube. Since Thursday Nov 30 I have had over 2,900 views of my videos on JibJab, which is way more than I have had on Youtube, even though YouTube is a much bigger site. The people on JibJab seem more in tune with parodies, since it was parodies that made JibJab famous to begin with. My parody of "She'll Be Comin' Round The Mountain" is on the Front Page of JibJab right now under "Popular Videos"...it has been see more than 600 times in 3 days. If it has rotated off (the front page) by the time you read this, it can be found in the above URL, which has links to my other videos as well.
Ah awesome! Thats great

OH I see so your mom basically called you and MADE you post under Paul Wooten, then wehn she dided you were sneaky then when back to...ok ok i see whats going on!

LOL now let's all wait for the "Cherokee PeePee" video...uhh maybe not?

Written By: Dee Range on 12/05/06 at 9:33 am

That url above is not the right one for my public jokebox, Jack. Try this one: http://www.jibjab.com/jokebox/Paul%20Wooten

And yeah, the "Cherokee PeePee video is gonna' have to wait heh heh heh. ;D

Written By: Jack Wilson on 12/05/06 at 5:10 pm

That url above is not the right one for my public jokebox, Jack. Try this one: http://www.jibjab.com/jokebox/Paul%20Wooten

And yeah, the "Cherokee PeePee video is gonna' have to wait heh heh heh. ;D
;DYeah, Im not corrsing my fingers anyways,that was good one though

Ever noticed the Dallas Cowboys poster behind you says "deranged' on it, LOL very clever

Written By: PMS on 12/05/06 at 6:07 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed this piece. Hope to see more.

Written By: Dee Range on 12/05/06 at 6:28 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed this piece. Hope to see more.

Thanks, PMS...you can access my "Jokebox" at JibJab.com and watch 10 of them here: http://www.jibjab.com/jokebox/Paul%20Wooten

Hope you get a laugh or two!

Written By: Spaff.com on 12/06/06 at 11:33 pm

I know I commented on this somewhere. Must've been on YouTube. Dee is fun to watch; his sly grins are infectious.

In other Dee Range news, I see "16 Sons" reached #2 on the Garageband.com comedy charts. Sweet! That is no small feat, especially since more than a few Garageband reviewers express outright hostility toward parodies. (Comments like "YOU DIDN'T WRITE THIS SONG" are inevitable. I mean, duh.)

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: Spaff.com on 12/06/06 at 11:46 pm

Oh, also, Dee, thanks for the heads-up on JibJab. And congrats on expertly exposing yourself over there too.

xoxox
Spaff

Written By: PMS on 12/07/06 at 6:28 pm

I got more than a laugh or two!! More like 200!

Check for new replies or respond here...